4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Re: GREECE 2018 - Gianna Terzi - Oneiro Mou

7 points for the moment. Will likely grow on me.

I'm glad that even though the NF was cancelled, the brief was followed. Something ethnically Greek, sung in Greek, with drama and power. Greece should do this more often than the normal cheesy up-tempo trash they usually send.

Franzilein

Quality song from Greece, what is this *le gasp*

A-lister

Veteran

xclap

Now this is what Eurovision should be all about... people can complain about the messy selection, but quite frankly the only difference this has from regular internal selections is that they showcased the shortlist of candidates publically which made it look a bit clumpsy... but how do people think internal selections work then? It's basically the same thing only it's done in the "dark"... not sure if that's more noble? xshrug

marty

popular in the esc bubble, but with the big crowd and juries i doubt that this can be successful

darkap

For the first time since I watch Eurovision (2011), I like a song from Greece :D I hope for a good stage...

SirPeterGriffin

A large improvement considering these last few years of hollowness. Love the ethnical elements and the greek language. Nice part from 2:10 to 2:35 although i'm really intrigued to see what ideas are they gonna bring for the live performance. Yet i'm not convinced this has the qualification in the bag. Like i said, it's a decent song but far from remarkable. It could pass unnoticed if they fail to make a connection to audiences.

GlamSIMorous

I absolutely love it. I dont see it working in my playlist, but on stage this could come to life. I love that shocking "OH WE HAVE AN ACT FOR EUROVISION AND A SONG" thing. Yesterday when I came home and saw this, I was so surprised and I loved it :lol:

Antho

Great song. With time and a great performance, it can absolutely grow on me. Well done, Greece, and good luck.

i anixi

So glad that Greece has gone ethnic again after so long, that's definitely what they do best. Not exactly like their lovely 90s songs, as the times have moved on, but it's just as good - even better? The song is beautiful, quite restrained yet instant to me, and it´s great it doesn't try to go over the top. Wonderful instrumental. Plenty of space for a good, tasteful staging too, no need for the kitchen sink. Over the moon to be able to hear Greek all over again at eurovision - one of the languages that suits music the best, at least in my ears.
Someone please tell Cyprus about it!

You are my favourite at the moment and probably untill the end as things aren't looking so bright in so many other selections. Love it!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

This is such a great direction for Greece. The song has strong identity and feels like a quality composition. It's tasteful and I think has incredibly strong potential for when it comes to the performance. Dark staging, maybes some golds and dare I say.... a wind machine (you'd get away with it here)? The song is atmospheric and feels big without really trying. It's just got something there that's oozing power, but like as if it's all flowing from some kind of elegant fountain. I really enjoy it. The vocals are weary but that factor of it only adds more to the mystical vibe. I'm close to saying the big L O V E with this one, but until then I hope my 10 points do. Best Greek entry in years and years, although Keti Garbi will still remain my favourite of all time.

Nicholas123

This is such a great direction for Greece. The song has strong identity and feels like a quality composition. It's tasteful and I think has incredibly strong potential for when it comes to the performance. Dark staging, maybes some golds and dare I say.... a wind machine (you'd get away with it here)? The song is atmospheric and feels big without really trying. It's just got something there that's oozing power, but like as if it's all flowing from some kind of elegant fountain. I really enjoy it. The vocals are weary but that factor of it only adds more to the mystical vibe. I'm close to saying the big L O V E with this one, but until then I hope my 10 points do. Best Greek entry in years and years, although Keti Garbi will still remain my favourite of all time.

Thnk you Kai! xheart

Oh, you are a Kaitoula fan! Love her too! One of my childhood singers! :D

tumblr_nb2lgmbAk71qhp1v5o1_500.gif

GRE

So many good words from most of you about our song,
thank you so much ! xrunhug

MyHeartIsYours

Pretty good this, I do like Greece's shake it type entries, but this is definitely one of the best selected so far! 8 points to Greece.

John1

Would have Areti Ketime still won over this fabulous entry? Wondering... xthink

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-This is the first song to actually give me goosebumps in parts.
-I also like the vocals and how they came together.

THE BAD:
-Sounds a bit Pixar-ish at first listen.
-A minor thing, but it's repetitive.

THE VERDICT:
This is a pretty good song. I liked the journey that it took me on. The vocals and the instrumentals came together beautifully here. This might qualify for the Final with the right staging. 8 points

Nicholas123

Would have Areti Ketime still won over this fabulous entry? Wondering... xthink

No. Chorostalites would have won the NF final, imo. Their song sounds like something that it was made to make an impession on the greek NF and ESC...

John1

No. Chorostalites would have won the NF final, imo. Their song sounds like something that it was made to make an impession on the greek NF and ESC...

Hmmm.. Yeah, I see. Such a shame that Areti didn't take part though. I was so curious to find out how she would've managed to perform it. :(

By the way, I'm under the impression that in spite of the amazingness of this entry, I can barely remember it after a bunch of focused listening. :(

Nicholas123

Hmmm.. Yeah, I see.

By the way, I'm under the impression that in spite of the amazingness of this entry, I can barely remember it after a bunch of focused listening. :(

Fair enough...i have heard this from other members as well...we will have to wait and see...i see some serious staging potential for this song. I'm personally happy cause this entry reminds me of the hot greek hit "mantissa" and Yianna seems like a smart girl. She knows her shit and i expect from her to do her homework! ! )

Mrm

Veteran

I even hear smth Byzantine in this entry..

Thank you Greece for this GEM...

Top Bottom