zeAGEnF.png

n7Sxe50.png

click picture

HBkO5fp.png

Last edited:

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV92 | Party Tonight - news is here!

A greenroom probably isn't the best place to leave a birthday eCard. I think i've learned my lesson, but at least you had a nice surprise a week later:lol: Hope it was a fab day you hadxheat

It was a nice little present left there in the shadows waiting for my arrival. Plus it was a perfect excuse to bring Natalies presence to this thread. xlove It was a very good day, much fun was had. I would have saved you a slice of cake but it all got eaten sadly...

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV92 | Claudia Leitte - Carnaval ft. Pitbull

Check out the promo poster on the previous page i've gone all out. xfaint

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV93 | News News News!

NBC Western USA said:
eI2Yc8v.png

So we are especially more sad than usual at this DNQ as Carnaval was our number 1 hit of 2018. A fun, positive party song that definitely should have had a spot in the final. No matter, while we mourn we must look to the next edition. Usually we come back fighting stronger than ever, but truthfully speaking our next entry isn't fighting more like finally sending something that has been a long time planned. This singer has been in WV a couple of times and is very famous. We are excited to send them and hope you are also. Watch the promotion below and see who it is!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

WorldVision gets moist with excitement whenever a Nekci Menij show diva sets foot on the stage. This looks like it will be a strong comeback for you pet. Best of luckxcrossed

latest

esc87fan

KATY! Great choice, I hope you pick a great song from her!

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA

giphy.gif

Me returning after a little break in Sweden x

News coming soon, Party time continues.

giphy.gif

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA

NBC Western USA said:
eI2Yc8v.png

AgabZdZ.png

We're back cookin' again in Western USA after some time in Sweden. For 99 and 100 I had 2 songs lined up (since like wv80) that could contend for the potential win, however everyone is going to do that. So Instead I'm going to take these 2 editions easy and just have fun. Now for the first of these 2 editions I am going to send an artist that is British and now living in Los Angeles. She's a singer i've known for years and actually someone i've had listed since I got Western USA, but also contemplated all the back in my England era. The british members of the contest should know already what I am sending and be getting hyped. Follow their lead, hold onto your shoes and grab some medicine because you're all about to get slayed by Little Boots.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Western USA | WV99 | We Got The Medicine You Need

homer-falls-off-the-gourge-again.gif

I already just got slayed and now i've got to face it all over again. Gosh, Little Boots is great. I like this lil' era you've begun. Janet Leon, Little Boots... who next? Obviously Edona Gjinaj.

SaladBreak

xfaint

Real footage from Paris rn as this news reaches us

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

If it's the song I'm thinking about, you have high chances to get my 12 already I'M SO EXCITED

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

If it's the song I'm thinking about, you have high chances to get my 12 already I'M SO EXCITED

Woah let's hope it is. xheat

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

homer-falls-off-the-gourge-again.gif

I already just got slayed and now i've got to face it all over again. Gosh, Little Boots is great. I like this lil' era you've begun. Janet Leon, Little Boots... who next? Obviously Edona Gjinaj.

xheat I knew you'd be pleased. Little boots coming to slay you especially hard. You've caught on, Edona is indeed coming for wv100, however it is with the song 'The In your Limit' with Lys Assia and featuring New Jack (Hip for Flo points). https://rave.dj/MJqU4f1j5XB_ig However I am also thinking about 'Hey! Christina Superdiva' by Maria Christina and Victoria Silvstedt. https://rave.dj/8-ttLzvpol_d9w

fyi, you can mash up more than 2 songs now, however it doesn't seem to work well atm. I tried six, and ended up with something that used only 3 with huge chunks of each song sat next to each other.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

:lol: the "na na na, I'm a divaaa na na naaa" over the Hello Hey chorus and beats makes me laugh. The songs fit together so iconically well.

Varrior with an Isis Gee beat. xheat the blessing we all need. Every green room needs a rave.dj hit.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Western USA | WV99 | Little Boots - Remedy

xbow I bow to thee for finally sending Little Boots. I remember when this song came out how obsessed with it I was. Remedy and New In Town were the bops of the time for me. I really wanted a Tenori-on, that weird Japanese electronic instrument that Little Boots makes a lot of her music with and can be seen in the video for Remedy. Too expensive though so I never got to have one.

ImpressionableSlimyAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

Anyway, very much a wonderful entry. I can't believe the song came out nine years ago. Absolutely shocking how quickly time has passed. Little Boots deserved to be bigger. Good luckxcrossed

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

boots got a new toy. xheat What a hot title and video quality, there is a certain Kays good cookin' charm about it. Some of the best 4:59 minutes of my life. It's a shame it's so expensive, maybe we could hold a whip round on the forum and get one we can all share. xheat Yes it feels like only a short while ago this had come out and was being played all over, It's a timeless hit that hasn't lost any appeal with time as many songs do. It is very much a shame she wasn't able to recapture the success or charm again that Remedy had.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

boots got a new toy. xheat What a hot title and video quality, there is a certain Kays good cookin' charm about it. Some of the best 4:59 minutes of my life. It's a shame it's so expensive, maybe we could hold a whip round on the forum and get one we can all share. xheat Yes it feels like only a short while ago this had come out and was being played all over, It's a timeless hit that hasn't lost any appeal with time as many songs do. It is very much a shame she wasn't able to recapture the success or charm again that Remedy had.

Little Boots back Kooking again. Yes, we should organize a forum fundraiser for a Tenori-on we can all share here. We'll take it in turns. I'll have it for the first 50 years and then pass it on to the next person once i'm finished.

Coincidentally Remedy was made with the intention of being a hit, which is why even on her first album which has a lot of great songs, it's a standout. I think it was the only song she composed with a big commercial pop writer to help her (RedOne).

I remember being really disappointed when her second album came out. Maybe i'd think differently of it today as it was a long time ago, but I like electronic music when it's super catchy, melodic and infectious. I think she lost that side when she slipped out of the limelight. I feel like I don't have the patience for her newer stuff but maybe i'm missing out by not giving it a chance..... Remedy though is forever a jamxheart

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Little Boots back Kooking again. Yes, we should organize a forum fundraiser for a Tenori-on we can all share here. We'll take it in turns. I'll have it for the first 50 years and then pass it on to the next person once i'm finished.

Coincidentally Remedy was made with the intention of being a hit, which is why even on her first album which has a lot of great songs, it's a standout. I think it was the only song she composed with a big commercial pop writer to help her (RedOne).

I remember being really disappointed when her second album came out. Maybe i'd think differently of it today as it was a long time ago, but I like electronic music when it's super catchy, melodic and infectious. I think she lost that side when she slipped out of the limelight. I feel like I don't have the patience for her newer stuff but maybe i'm missing out by not giving it a chance..... Remedy though is forever a jamxheart

That sounds perfect, lets do it. I'm sure everyone will be eager to donate their chocolate coins and buttons.

Yes, she composed every other song of hers afaik. Red One was behind Remedy, although she was involved. Her first song 'New In Town' had some minor success it seems and almost made top 10, also her follow up to Remedy barely made top 100 (that was probably seeping some of the Remedy success). After that nothing, had she written more hits with Red One etc then maybe she would have been considerably more famous now, and be able to sell her current stuff to a wider crowd. In all honesty, I'm not a fan of her other music, only Remedy which I can listen to over and over. I find it all bit too... blerh. A shame really, because I think all in all, some of her style was a bit ahead of the time.

Top Bottom