zVINsQZ.png

That number is 4 now, not 25! Make sure to have Western USA in your top 10s. :D

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV100 | We are lost

NBC Western USA said:
eI2Yc8v.png

So unlike in previous editions where we would be releasing our press release on our next entry, but this time round we're finding things a little problematic. We have many different options to chose from...

1-
English language pop song with some ethno turkish rhythm to it, but would otherwise struggle in the semis.
2- A mid-tempo R&B ballad derived from pop rock, sung by a Phoenix native and the song we had always had assigned as PQ potential.
3- A song from 2005 sung by a famous girl group, now broken up. the song with some oriental/middle eastern vibes.
4- A pop song that features one of the worlds most famous singers of our current time, but is from 2009.
5- A hot summery Greek song by a greek artist, but is actually eligible for Western USA.

We're in consultation with our sponsors and musical experts trying to decide which is the best one to take as our PQ, but it is proving difficult. Maybe one of our readers may hold an opinion on what is above?

DaFlo

Banned

Choose with your HEART

Don't think about the readers. We want Ashley to be Ashley, choose YOU

- advice from New York sent with love 💜💯

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I agree with the wise New York juror above. Do you. At the same time though, just remember that a PQ is always a good moment to send things that you consider risky. It doesn't necessarily have to be something that's an insta-flop even. Songs that you think are 50/50 or that need the draw to go perfect are good choices.

If choice 5 is Serhat feat. Helena Paparizou though.... *points gun* that's your entry x

DenizESC

Banned

Obviously I will have to go with option 1, especially since you've shown me that hit already and it's very xheat

But tbh as I'm reading that list I came to the conclusion that all these options seem super hot! We love R&B, 2005 hits (with Oriental flavour xhawt), 2009 pop and anything Greek tbh!

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Choose with your HEART

Don't think about the readers. We want Ashley to be Ashley, choose YOU

- advice from New York sent with love ����

I agree with the wise New York juror above. Do you. At the same time though, just remember that a PQ is always a good moment to send things that you consider risky. It doesn't necessarily have to be something that's an insta-flop even. Songs that you think are 50/50 or that need the draw to go perfect are good choices.

If choice 5 is Serhat feat. Helena Paparizou though.... *points gun* that's your entry x

hmm yes. Cascada coming then. xx I think i'm overthinking it a bit now, because I honestly have so much choice. It's WV100 so I want the song to be strong and not a damp cloth to celebrate this 100 edition, but not be a total waste of a PQ spot. xthink After that I'm feeling quite partial to a Portugese super hit I've sent to other contests. xx

Choice 5 isn't Serhat, but you can keep hoping.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

anything but 2 sis and I'll stan

What's wrong with 2. >.> Maybe quite the hit you will be 12'ing forever sis. All options super xheat elite xo

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Obviously I will have to go with option 1, especially since you've shown me that hit already and it's very xheat

But tbh as I'm reading that list I came to the conclusion that all these options seem super hot! We love R&B, 2005 hits (with Oriental flavour xhawt), 2009 pop and anything Greek tbh!

Anything greek? xthink

Nicholas123

I'm very curious about the :gr: song tbh *tries to find which Greek artists either live or been born in the US*

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm very curious about the :gr: song tbh *tries to find which Greek artists either live or been born in the US*

my my wouldn't you like to know? :mrgreen:

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

DenizESC

Banned

Maybe you missed it. He just revealed his Greek-American-Global Western USA artist..

Tbh for WV100 we all should just send Efi...

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV100 | Timbaland - If We Ever Meet Again ft. Katy Perry

promo-katy.png

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV100 | Timbaland - If We Ever Meet Again ft. Katy Perry

Sadly no elaborate promo poster this time. :( budget constraints at NBC and lack of timing means we have to go with a more budget promo instead.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV101 | Have we got the budget?

NBC Western USA said:
eI2Yc8v.png

Well, the good thing is that we don't need to pre-book plane tickets or hotels as we're only going up the road from Phoenix to Las Vegas. We hope you all brought your money to bet. We need to rinse a few of you to help pay the budget for this double hosting. I wouldn't expect as grand of hosting of 100 but we will try to put on a good show for all of you. Now, what to do about that double PQ? What a treat that is. Well this edition we are far more certain. We're deciding between 2 different songs both pop songs, if you're interested in helping to pick or just a little bit nosey, then PM our HoD now. :D Ultimately this news post had nothing to deliver for any of you.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Western USA | WV101 | Have we got the budget?

NBC Western USA said:
eI2Yc8v.png

Rumours are spreading left and right, is it true Cascada is representing Western USA? No, that's just a lie we created about 7 seconds ago to fill some of this announcement space. What the real news is that we have made our final choice for the PQ. We had our eyes on something we've known a long while but never sent, however we've taken a wild shot on something we only discovered a few days ago and can't stop listening to. Something super catchy, or we think so anyway. The song however, not from a famous artist. We wont reveal who as that will spoil the song, but we're excited for the reveal and hope you all go a little psycho with anticipation. ;)

Top Bottom