60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Returning from a hiatus (suffering PTSD from the 2022 edition), Blanka for Poland 2023. I love meself a discounted version of Margaret.

lady-gaga-excited.gif

I mean just select her, so she can send half of those hot Polish male dancers to Eurovision.

OKthxBye.

Last edited:

shameless

Just listened to Gladiator, although its not a relevation I sorta get the hype. Considering that nowadays the best pop music has to offer is the different shades of grey of the same 80s-synth-pop with some rock elements, this has the potential to be my guilty pleasure of the year.

Rocket man

Just listened to "Gladiator", yeah I understand the hype. I wanna see how good of a performer he is though before getting carried away.

A-lister

Veteran
They probably think English will get them a better result, meaning they generally look better.
And while nationalists pretend to care about their culture, it's more humiliating to flop with songs that are very representative of your culture.
And it's also tempting for nationalists to beat other countries with international sounding music, just so you can say "See? We can compete with the international market, we can do what they do but even better and beat them!".

Well depends on the nationalists I guess, but yeah I get your point, but then at least you should try to do something remotely good if that's the "tactic" lol

A-lister

Veteran
I think Jann's edgy, sexy, mysterious with amazing vocals (we know his voice is special). I just love this kind of darkness and he'd be my top 3 together with Spain and Czechia (maybe also Slovenia).

Well, taste differs, I think it's a cheaply produced song (not surprised coming from Poland in ESC tbh) with barely understandable English, the whole thing comes across as desperate and silly imho but of course if it's the best they got, then go for it... I hope something better will appear.

Semra

Well, taste differs, I think it's a cheaply produced song (not surprised coming from Poland in ESC tbh) with barely understandable English, the whole thing comes across as desperate and silly imho but of course if it's the best they got, then go for it... I hope something better will appear.
I don't see the same., but that's ok. To me vocals are imprtant, I've seen so many songs destroyed in the NF's because the singers can't sing. My favorite Fusa Nocta in Spain was the biggest let down for me. I will of course have to see Jann live before I can give my blessings, but I know he has a very special voice.

Do you have a Polish favorite?

CatTully

Alicja released the longer snippet of her song. No expectations and she still managed to disappoint. This is a giant snoozefest.

CatTully

I'm glad somebody likes it. This would be a definitive bathroom break for me, if it qualified. No character, no life, no anything.

The most generic shit imaginable, I would prefer if Booty qualified at least it would be funny.

FabiESC

01 Alicja Szemplińska - New Home 10/10
02 Blanka - Solo 9/10
03 Jann - Gladiator 8/10
04 Kuba Szmajkowski - You Do Me 7/10
05 Natasza - Lift U Up 7/10
06 Ahlena - Booty 7/10
07 Dominik Dudek - Be Good 6/10
08 Felivers - Never Back Down 5/10
09 Maja Hyży - Never Hide 4/10
10 Yan Majewski - Champion 4/10

Good Selection, i hope Alicja gets her second chance, this snippet give me goosebumps. I Love it xheart
I love also Blanka what a Hit xheat and Jann is really interesting and i really like this, but i'm afraid if it works in live.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mainshow

Veteran
The preview even sounds worse than "Proud".

It´s a song I´d place inside my bottom 5, probably...

A pity :pl: has such a weak national selection this year :(

burrito

I think the lower quality of production is understandable, given that Jann was virtually unknown before now (so probably not much revenue for the label), so maybe it was the best they could manage at the time of its making? Since they had to remake the song as to shorten it, maybe they also did something to make it sound even better production-wise? Although admittedly I don't know sh*t about music production, this is just something I imagine they might have done.

Not really sure what else might appear, as for now we are only waiting for Alicja's full song, and we've already got a pretty long snippet available. Honestly it sounds like a non-event. So, seems like indeed Jann is the best we've got. Be Good and Solo might be enjoyable to listen to, but they don't really seem like our best shots at getting to the final, let alone a top 10.

burrito

and Jann is really interesting and i really like this, but i'm afraid if it works in live.

If it will really be similar to the music video, I guess it will work. No matter how well carried out it will be tho, I'd rather be worried about the perception of it by the public. In general, we are still pretty conservative, after all.

Genesis

Alicja's preview snippet convinces me that she will offer the best song among our selection. Jann seems to be a favorite, but for all the wrong reasons. Fans are eager to move away from the "ballad alley" and thus gravitate towards anything with a unique and different sound. While Jann may be an intriguing performer, in my opinion, his song isn't particularly impressive. It's just okay. I believe its success will depend heavily on a captivating and interesting staging, which Poland hasn't always been known for. All in all, this Sunday's battle should be quite interesting.

Mrm

Veteran
Alicja - "New home", I adore it, everything, the vocal tone, the composition, MELANCHOLY, that video. Hope she delivers live, this is sooo for me… 😢
xlove xheart

A-lister

Veteran
I don't see the same., but that's ok. To me vocals are imprtant, I've seen so many songs destroyed in the NF's because the singers can't sing. My favorite Fusa Nocta in Spain was the biggest let down for me. I will of course have to see Jann live before I can give my blessings, but I know he has a very special voice.
I hear you, for me vocals are part of a package, no good vocals can save a bad song for me and since it's a song contest that's what I care most for (not that bad vocals can save a good song either lol)
Do you have a Polish favorite?
I listened through all snippets and they're all bad, the "least" bad is Be Good so that'd be my choice but I heard some of the other supposed submitted entries that weren't picked, and there were better options there.

lasse braun

this year i have no favorite song for myself in the polish NF and further also no idea who will win that competion.
miss a good ethno/folk song like "czysta woda" there.
"new home" could be maybe also a challenger for "bridges" from estonia but i like last one a lot more.
"gladiator" may have that bubble gum fever inside?
xqueenbitch

Last edited:
Top Bottom