• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
It's quite tragic and utterly bad.

It's either Jann or Alicja now... I have no clue why Poland's odds are shortening because Poland will not reach the Top 10 this year and most of the NF entries are abysmal and really, really, really trashy.

shameless

Does anyone remember the betting odds for Poland in 2020?

Alicja is a great vocalist but "Empires" was mediocre at best as well... (and wouldn't have reached Top 10 in 2020, either, in my opinion).
Although I try to erase that year from my memory, I think Poland was never really betted strong then. However, maybe she will be familiar for that.

I bims

Veteran
Live performance of Solo from a :bg: late night show

😬

I will never understand people with lip filler who then still overdraw their lips. It looks like they have a swollen butthole in the middle of their face. Why are they doing it. You've already filled them to make them bigger, why that weird extra step.

Well and the performance...

aretha-franklin-beautiful-gowns.gif

shameless

I am really rooting for every contestant from the 2020 edition to get their faire share of ESC experience at some point. Unfortunately all the attempts from this year of them has been lackluster. Maybe New Home will be more interesting when the entire song is released. Otherwise at least Alicja was able to perform on a real Eurovision stage (JESC2020), something that nobody can take away from her!

Semra

I will never understand people with lip filler who then still overdraw their lips. It looks like they have a swollen butthole in the middle of their face. Why are they doing it. You've already filled them to make them bigger, why that weird extra step.

Well and the performance...

aretha-franklin-beautiful-gowns.gif
Same. I have a young son who swears he'll never get a girlfriend with lip fillers. Not so easy to find these days. It seems many young (and older) women believe most men love the swollen fish lips. Same with the overly swollen hip and ass trend.

A-lister

Veteran
I've only heard Jann's entry because of the hype, and it's pretty awful... if this is the best there is then Poland is doomed...

Also why only English language entries? From a self-proclaimed "nationalist" government who runs the public broadcaster they clearly have no feeling for the local lol... because awful songs in broken English can't be considered a good representation?

Semra

I've only heard Jann's entry because of the hype, and it's pretty awful... if this is the best there is then Poland is doomed...

Also why only English language entries? From a self-proclaimed "nationalist" government who runs the public broadcaster they clearly have no feeling for the local lol... because awful songs in broken English can't be considered a good representation?
I think Jann's edgy, sexy, mysterious with amazing vocals (we know his voice is special). I just love this kind of darkness and he'd be my top 3 together with Spain and Czechia (maybe also Slovenia).

I bims

Veteran
Same. I have a young son who swears he'll never get a girlfriend with lip fillers. Not so easy to find these days. It seems many young (and older) women believe most men love the swollen fish lips. Same with the overly swollen hip and ass trend.
It's not just women, the amount of gay men with those lips... too much.
And they don't do it for men, they do it because it's a trend. They see women with beautiful full lips on social media and want that for themselves, cause it's a beauty ideal in a certain social media bubble, that they want to emulate to fit in. It's like seeing a dress you like and buying a similar one but these days you see a facial feature/ body type and then go to a plastic surgeon to get it as well.
It's also a social status symbol. It shows you can afford it, that's why they always fill it so much that you can immediately tell. It's like buying those ugly ass Gucci bags.

They probably think English will get them a better result, meaning they generally look better.
And while nationalists pretend to care about their culture, it's more humiliating to flop with songs that are very representative of your culture.
And it's also tempting for nationalists to beat other countries with international sounding music, just so you can say "See? We can compete with the international market, we can do what they do but even better and beat them!".

Deleted member 12761

Alicja's song is okay. She has a great voice and I think the juries would love her. Jann has the best song. I think both of them could bring Poland to the GF especially since Poland is in SF2. I don't expect an amazing result this year tho. Last year they had a much better song.

Verjamem

It's the same government which have sent Rafał Brzozowski, so...I'm not really surprised, unfortunately.

Top Bottom