60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
"Be Good" is actually really nice! Thank God, we got 2 good songs in that selection.
It´s indeed a bit generic but more in a "One Republic" kind of way (very uplifting and anthemic) and we haven´t had such entries at ESC for a while (?) Estonia last year came close but it was more EDM-driven (still pop, of course).

"Be Good", "Gladiator" or withdraw, pls.

Mainshow

Veteran
Oh boy - after the incredible Daria vs Ochman showdown last year, I expected something of better quality.
"Never Hide" is absolutely horrible - I couldn´t even listen to it (had to stop after the first chorus).
I prefer "Booty" but because of the pathetic and absymal lyrics, I also had to give :0: pts.

Dominik Dudek - Be Good :7:
Jann - Gladiator :7:

Blanka - Solo :4:

Natasza - Lift U Up :2:
Ahlena - Booty :0:
Maja Hyży - Never Hide :0:

:pl: will probably not be part of my Top 10 this year :(

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't heard all the songs (ofc some not released yet), but I actually think it's potentially quite a decent line up. Solo & Be Good are probably my favourites of those released. Gladiator is alright, don't think it's anything particularly great though. The verses are a little eh.

Deleted member 12761

Gladiator is the most interesting song and I think it would bring Poland to the final. I kinda like Be Good. It's generic yeah but in a good way like Snap from Rosa. The rest of the songs scream NQ though Lift u up and Solo have some potential with a revamp. I can't wait to see Booty live.

burrito

so far:

Gladiator :10: - Memorable, stands out, lowkey surprised and happy to see it in nf, our best option for now. Chorus could use a slight revamp, because it lacks a drop and falls kinda flat, but overall a decent entry
Lift U Up :6: - Actually interesting, but again, chorus falls flat and ruins the whole thing. Curious as for how will it translate onto the stage
Be good :4: - Kinda One Direction-y? It's like something you would hear on the radio during your daily commute to work. Pleasant, but forgettable
Solo :3: - I've heard that song many times before. Nothing special, but it's a likely winner
Do the dance :3: - The Ride 2.0. I liked Lovesick better
Never hide :1: - Messy, forgettable, generic

Booty - :0: - What in the flying fck is this? Downright embarrassing. Whoever was in charge in choosing the entries (presumably the best of all submissions), needs to answer QUESTIONS asap

AlekS

Veteran
Jann - Gladiator is my only pick. It's another male entry with semi-operatic vocals from Poland, but he's still the best in this selection. Toned down version of Hatari meets Billie Eilish & Elina Nechayeva in a seedy gay club xyaayUsually I'm not into such music, but I like this one.

MS.

GLADIATOR is so unique i really like it a lot and it has a lot of potential although sometimes it's a bit too noisy for my liking. But i think live it's gonna be even better live without all those extra sound effects who are a bit too much.
BE GOOD is simply my type of simple and feel good songs. It's similar to a lot of the songs we can listen to nowadays but done extremely well. I agree with the comparison with Snap although i prefer Snap but this also has the same worldwide potential.
2 very good songs already between the first 6 that's a good start Poland (y)

lasse braun

i understand very well,why gladiator with that darker EDM-sound is the top song so far here but the best part of the song comes at this point
so,what's the agenda here?xfacepalm

Loindici

Veteran
I agree that we all should sing a little Booty in our lifes, while drinking some ginger ale together.

simonPL

Okay, so Hello, it’s been a while since my last log in, and for now:
- I don’t get the hype around Gladiator. That boy has a really strong fan base that spam almost all posts about him/national final (kinda Szpaks fan base vibe). Some people say that this is something that Poland should send because it’s different from things that we usually do on ESC. But if this is the only reason - I don’t buy it. I’ve heard it like 3 times and still don’t remember the song. It’s not memorable. Just over designed for me based on video.

It can be an Interesting choice but only with good performance, so let’s wait. As I can see, not only Polish fans like it but it looks and sounds interesting for people outside that group so maybe I am wrong.

But definitely it’s worth to give a chance.

- I liked “Be good” song by Dominik Dudek from the very beginning. Positive, catchy, I am not that big fan of it like I was last year with River, but for now this is my #1.

- Natasza, Maja… eh. I don’t know why people sending songs like this to the competition. Do they really think this is good for esc?

- waiting for Alicja. TBH I don’t like her songs that much but she has potential so maybe this time she has something good.

- that song by Kuba Sz. posted before is not that one for national final. They have similar titles, so many websites and people think that this is song for esc, but it’s his previous single. As I know he has the same manager that Magraget had, but I don’t feel like he can give us Cool Me Down 2 thrills. :c

Iker

Veteran
My quick reviews of three NF songs I've listened through so far.

Gladiator by Jann - I love lush production, those backing vocals contrasting with his voice make it alluring and the use of harpsichord makes it stand out. Rap element is ok as well. The lyrics are fine too. The problem is the lack of chorus (?) for me. I could accept it as a Polish entry, but I don't know how he will perform it live at our NF. This is modern.

Never Hide by Maja Hyży really sucks. It is like something badly written from someone stuck in 2005. Craptacular. Ugly song.

Also it sounds like Maja has a lisp.

The song of Natasza Urbańska is slightly better (still contrived) but this would be a bad choice for the Eurovision as well. Her voice does not suit the music at all, with a different voice or additional vocals possessing some depth it could be somewhat enjoyable.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Booty must be the worst song of this entire NF season. Wow. Gladiator is good tho.

So you tell me that there's something worse than that song of Maja Hyży?!

Also there were some absolute turds in Malta, but I am pretty sure that the worst ones got removed from the contention before reaching the actual NF (Maltese had heats).

Top Bottom