14 7.1%

13 6.6%

6 3.0%

11 5.6%

15 7.6%

• Total voters

Ringdalen

Re: NORWAY 2016

His snippet sounded the worst of the lot, if the whole song is like that, Norway would disgrace themselves by sending that.

I didn't really enjoy the snippet either, but it is way too early for me to make an opinion on the song.

It sounded like a previous song he have made called ¨Cannabus¨.
Not really a big fan of that song, unless I have had a few beers :p
I am however a huge fan of his latest songs and his songs with Broiler. I suggest people check out songs like: Hey Ho, Pinne For Landet, Afterski, Vannski and Fest Hos Kalas (Because that is what i think its most likely going to sound like)

Schlagerman1

BINGOxheat

Hungry Hearts for Eurovision 2016! It's actually the only song that caught my attention from the snippets. Crazy synth pop? Yes please! "Forever lost in the Sputnik space machine. She loves the disco (aha) She loves the disco (aha) She loves the disco flying through the air"xheart

IMG_8857.jpg

From what I understood from the pressconference, the Hungry Hearts is a art project by a group of lesbian performance artists. The new head of the NF got a call from a man that wanted them to be in MGP and when he met the girls and heard the song he fell in love...but the problem was that noone of them could sing. So they went out for a search and find Lisa Dillian apperently.

I think that performance will be something absolutely weird, stunning, breath-taking and amazing.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

[MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] Ooo that's brilliant info. Thanks:D I have already seen that video you linked and gathered (rather obviously) that they are a lesbian band. I think this song is going to be right up my street. They've done a good job hyping me up from that 15 second sample:lol: I can't wait for it. I hope it's all those things you think it will be: weird, stunning, breath-taking and amazing. Those words describe what I love best about Eurovision actually and if we don't have songs that fit those words i'm going to be an unhappy bunny.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Nothing really grabs me here at all tbh. I'll have to wait for the full songs to be released before I can get my hype on.

Also, Stine Hole Ulla reminds me of this gem from the Romanian NF last year. xheat

Clearly inspired by this life changing hit.

tsegaye

Did Broiler really have to write a song for Freddy Kalas?? :( They could have written something for a real vocalist, that would've been awesome. (Yes, I know one in Broiler is Freddy Kalas' brother). I will probably like the song, but I don't like the artist... Most curious about Agnete and Laila.

Schlagerman1

[MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] Ooo that's brilliant info. Thanks:D I have already seen that video you linked and gathered (rather obviously) that they are a lesbian band. I think this song is going to be right up my street. They've done a good job hyping me up from that 15 second sample:lol: I can't wait for it. I hope it's all those things you think it will be: weird, stunning, breath-taking and amazing. Those words describe what I love best about Eurovision actually and if we don't have songs that fit those words i'm going to be an unhappy bunny.

Yeah they seem very cool. :D The only downside with them is that they are too many, if they would happen to win, they will have to put a few members of stage. But I look forward to the performance a lot, even if I believe it might be too much, even for the bold and usually brave norwegian public to win.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

I literally don't know any names in this NF :lol: Is Elouiz this Elouiz?

Edit: TERRIBLE line-up. Probably the worst MGP ever, even worse than the danish ones if possible

Suite 16 - «Anna Lee» - One Direction meets Avicii
Stine Hole Ulla - «Traces» - Cute, but for a Disney movie, not Eurovision
Stage Dolls - «Into the Fire» - One Direction after 50 years?
Elouiz - «History» - nice, nothing really special tho
Freddy Kalas - «Happy Rush» - oh, pretty cool :lol:
Makeda - «Stand Up» - really?
Pegasus - «Anyway» - eh....no
Laila Samuels - «Afterglow» - ok, this sounds better than the rest, but nothing spectacular
The Hungry Hearts featuring Lisa Dillan - «Laika» - haha, [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] did you join MGP?
Agnete - «Icebreaker» - nice, nothing really special tho

I had hopes, Norway :(

julien4ESC

OMG everything sounds so bad ! :eek: Maybe I would save only Suite 16 that sounds fun. The rest is dreadful especially the lesbian group.

ParadiseES

Looks like Norway converged with Denmark hehe but this is better IMO. Maybe too much cheese for my taste.

I like:
Agnete – Icebreaker
Laila Samuels – Afterglow
Suite 16 – Anne Lee

Just don't choose that "Laika" song. My ears are bleeding after those 20 seconds.

GlamSIMorous

I actually really like this selection of songs, I think there are definitely some potential qualifiers. :D

tumblr_mbkwtf0JLf1rqpx0x.gif

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

THE HUNGRY HEARTS xfaint xfaint xfaint

THIS NEEDS TO GO TO STOCKHOLM xcheer

...or Agnete or Laila Samuels... the rest, meh. bad NF.

PamSwynford

martin

ok level this year, but my feeling is that most of the songs looks just ok. Hopefully Freddy song is great so we finally could send something who not is Eurovision thinking but something many people in Norway like. Other hope is Agnete, Laila or perhaps Suite 16.

But again the level looks just ok and i missing big names who actually people have heard something from.

Karlsen don,t impressed me and i don,t why NRK want this to be a talent competion and not a competition between big star
xshrugxcryxhelp.

VikingTiger

Hmm.... I am not sure what to think. After one listening to these short snippets and seeing the namens I was really disappointed. But now, after having listened to the snippets 3 times - there are several that at least awake my interest;
The Hungry Hearts (yes, the 80s was my time).
Freddy Kalas (this snippet is too short - but this might well be a guilty pleasure of mine. I couldnt help loving his "Pinne for Landet)
Makeda (Meghan Trainor ...?)
Laila (sounds a bit different)

VikingTiger

ok level this year, but my feeling is that most of the songs looks just ok. Hopefully Freddy song is great so we finally could send something who not is Eurovision thinking but something many people in Norway like.

I completely agree. Several of these songs seem like something that could become popular here in Norway.

martin

I completely agree. Several of these songs seem like something that could become popular here in Norway.

maybe or hopefully. Difficult to say after this, but some songs gave me a good feeling :)

But let,s wait to we get the full version :)

Top Bottom