• Total voters

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Re: NORWAY 2016

Elisabeth Carew pleeeease! Obsessed with both this song and her EP atm xlove

ZoboCamel

Not sure how many people will agree with me here, but... more Staysman & Lazz please! As much as I enjoyed A Monster Like Me, En Godt Stekt Pizza would've been my #1 for Eurovision this year if it'd gotten through (along with One By One).

Mickey

Not sure how many people will agree with me here, but... more Staysman & Lazz please! As much as I enjoyed A Monster Like Me, En Godt Stekt Pizza would've been my #1 for Eurovision this year if it'd gotten through (along with One By One).

I liked the song, but wasn't impressed with them live. I didn't like the silly hoedown staging with cardboard cutouts of pizza and the vocals in the chorus sounded like they were using a backing track.

ZoboCamel

I liked the song, but wasn't impressed with them live. I didn't like the silly hoedown staging with cardboard cutouts of pizza and the vocals in the chorus sounded like they were using a backing track.

I actually loved the staging! It was better than I'd imagined they could have made it - yes, it was incredibly silly and cheesy, but so was the song, so I liked the whole 'stop caring, go over the top and have fun' angle.

Clearly that staging wouldn't have worked at ESC, since the whole dynamic was based around the huge crowd of dancers, and four probably wouldn't have been enough to replicate the feeling (even less than four if they did indeed need backup singers), but I'd have loved to see it win NMGP, even if they had to go with a slightly different presentation in Vienna.

GWTW1939

I still remember my completely confused WTF reaction when I heard the pig sounds for the first time :lol:

It's the only thing about last year's final I could remember :oops:

evilperson

Yes!

PamSwynford

NRK received almost 1000 songs. The jury which will select the songs are:
Pia Skevik (NRK P1)
Marie Komissar (NRK P3)
Jan Fredrik Karlsen (music producer of MGP=
Stig Karlsen (HOD)

PamSwynford

How many have they received in previous years? Not sure whether 1000 is a good number or not.

Well, last year there were exactly 800 songs, the previous years I think it was less.

Ringdalen

Staysman came second in the final of the norwegian edition of ¨Dancing with the stars¨, the celebrity that defeated him was Adelen.
So the final was already taken over by former MGP competitors, but i was really surprised when Staysman had a Eurovision style dance as his final act :D

#EnGodtStektPizza xlove xheya
Link: http://www.tv2.no/v/979450/

Romeo

I entered 4 songs to Norway this year, one of them was very Tom Dice / John Karayiannis style. I got an email today from NRK saying that "Goodbye My Love" has failed to make the final 10, the songs have now been selected but they encourage me to enter again next year. I haven't had an email about the others, so I assume the other 3 failed early on in the process but "Goodbye my love" made it reasonably far?

martin

any news?

Anyone who get in to nrk MGP forum or know why is not possible to do that?

PamSwynford

any news?

Anyone who get in to nrk MGP forum or know why is not possible to do that?

On escnorge they wrote 19th January (artists + snippets).

VikingTiger

According to an interview with Karlsen, there doesnt seem to be any "big" names in this years edition of Melodi Grand Prix. They have rather picked out "promising" artists in their different musical genres.
Hopefully that means that more emphasis has been put on the songs themselves. But please - we do need someone that can hold their tone while singing.

Franco

Is Vivi Stenberg still in charge? Since she took the helm, in 2013, the MGP has always been packed with great acts.

VikingTiger

Is Vivi Stenberg still in charge? Since she took the helm, in 2013, the MGP has always been packed with great acts.

No, she is not. She resigned after Wien. It's now Jan Fredrik Karlsen. An artist-manager. I find him quite annoying as a person - but I guess he is good at what he is doing...

Top Bottom