14 7.1%

13 6.6%

6 3.0%

11 5.6%

15 7.6%

• Total voters

Knubelznarm

WTF??

Two throw-away pop songs put together in one doesn't equal edgy or innovative. It's just silly. If at least the two songs were special seperately, or the singer seemed like an interesting artist to begin with, it would be more believable. I don't know what to make of this??

4 points because it's confusing enough to be enjoyable.

CaraMia

I thought Norway was going to have the best winner of this evening, but I was wrong. Also, that second place of Freddy is so Adélen like! :lol:

kamc

I think we need too separate polls here for Norway....one for verse and one for the chorus:lol:

Nikkita

I don't know what to think about this. At first glance, it sounded like a mashup of Euphoria and Chandelier.

ParadiseES

Obvious choice. This was just soooooo far better than any other entry in MGP. Top-10 is in the pocket and top-5 is quite likely too. 12 points. Norway is probably leading the North of Europe this year :D

Ringdalen

What an incredible show xbow

This was so much fun :D One of the best final´s I have seen in a while.

Super happy that Suite 16 and Freddy Kalas did so well, not going to be as happy when I see my phone-bill. :lol:

The winner was not anywhere close being my favorite (it was actually my last place based on studio version). However was this one of the best songs of the night and I enjoyed it more when it was live.

For now will I give it 5. It might grow in the future, when I am not as disappointed.

Malagant

FSC Administrator
Staff member
Very happy that my home country Norway chose Agnete's 'Icebreaker' as the winner in this year's MGP! :D
Best song, best performance and stage-show, and the most 'professional-looking' ESC-entry imho.
Well done, Agnete - and good luck in Stockholm! Lykke til!
thumb_smiley1.gif
thumb_smiley1.gif

_bittersweet_

This would be a good song for a country that doesn't give a damn about ESC but I was expecting sth better from Norway. Afterglow was pretty good but Laila'a performance and staging were awful. Laika was super-entertaining but they didn't even make it to gold-final -,- It was a good MGP overall though. Norway still has one of the most fun national finals.

siebel

I dont like it. From one of the best national final this year they picked this?? Disapointed. :(

ayzelto

She won eventually! I was not expecting that, even though she was my favourite and imo 1000 times better than Afterglow. 10 points for now!

RevNet

THE GOOD:

-She has got good vocals.
-The instrumentals in here are cool and unique.
-The song is memorable, too.

THE BAD:

-I guess my one nitpick with this song is the stark distinction between verse and chorus within the instrumentals. It's kinda like trying to be two songs at once.

THE VERDICT:

Overall, this is a really good song. It'll be in the Final because it stands out and she certainly has the vocals to jump from verse to chorus within this song, which I would figure takes a lot of talent. 10 points

Kairit

This was better than anything I could've dreamed of. But I'm trying not to think about it right now...

29xaza1.jpg

.. "Icebreaker" is good. :)

tsegaye

I think the choice was the second best one, Laila Samuels would have been better even though here vocals were a bit screechy. And her staging was really good but it didn't match the song unfortunately. Agnete was a safe choice, I think the best she can place in ESC is on the left hand side of the scoreboard, not much better xshrug

Chorizo

This really feels like two songs combined into one. The staging is awful. I hope they will change it.
Nevertheless, I give it 8 points.

Jasi

A bit sad my favorite Afterglow didn't make it. I also like Icebreaker, but it still confuses me how it goes from fast to slow to fast to slow...
Maybe I need to listen to it a few more times.

And again thank you for sending "A Monster Like Me" last year. Waaah it was so incredibly beautiful. And from tonights MGP probably my favourite moment xheart

Fluke

So, the beginning is the most naked unashamed Euphoria-ripoff that made it to Eurovision so far, then it just changed tempo back and forth for no reason. This really isn't doing anything for me, we'll see how i feel about it later.

DanielLuis

My favourite tonight was Laila Samuels with "Afterglow", that was really a great song.
But this one is very good too and it was my 2nd favourite. The biggest criticism made to this song is how the verses and the chorus are different and it makes it sound like it's 2 songs in one, but that is exactly what I find so appealing in the entry. I really like how the rhythm starts to accelarate before the chorus begins and then when it comes it slows down and the beat kicks in, I really like how it sounds.
Laika was my 3rd place, really fun performance!

Top Bottom