• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Judas

Super Moderator
Staff member
What happened with Joost Klein has been an eye opening experience for me to see the hypocrisy and dissimulation of EBU and KAN. I have always been neutral on Israeli thing in the contest (and I still am) but I am not all that neutral about KAN in particular as well as the way EBU handles it anymore.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
What happened with Joost Klein has been an eye opening experience for me to see the hypocrisy and dissimulation of EBU and KAN. I have always been neutral on Israeli thing in the contest (and I still am) but I am not all that neutral about KAN in particular as well as the way EBU handles it anymore.
You’ve summed up how I feel word for word

ItsJaden

Since when was it toxic to want a contest without intimidation and filled with love, light and joy?

That's everything that KAN tried to take away this year. Let's list out their crimes shall we?

- Making derogatory remarks towards Bambie Thug, Silvester Belt & Marina Satti during their broadcasts. The ones made towards Bambie could be constituted as threats.
- Derogatory comments made about the above three as well as Joost Klein and Olly Alexander online.
- Harassing other delegations by filming them without consent and even uploading pictures of them to personal Instagram accounts with again, derogatory language attached.
- Cheering and screaming with joy in the press room when Joost's disqualifcation was announced

The harassment of delegations according to several outlets, and even contestants, was repeated over the course of Eurovision week and was done with malice.

Meanwhile at the EBU.....

Joost does one thing that he perhaps shouldn't have done but maybe he wouldn't have if he wasn't a part of the constant harassment from KAN throughout the week which made him see red and he deserves disqualification.

MAKE. IT. MAKE. SENSE.

That's why we're mad. The sheer double standards from those who write the rules. This has nothing to do with Israel and the political situation, and everything to do with fairness, equality and justice.

And don't forget this beautiful moment

I was one of the few that really didn't mind that Israël was part of this years Eurovision, especially with such a gorgeous song. I included them in my Mega mix and was sometimes getting annoyed about the hate eden got. But what happened with KAN was disgusting and what the delegation did with moments like the one on the video almost made me dislike the song and artist. And i know she wasn't part of the harassment but it did have influence over the whole entry.

StephenMuckle

Does anyone get the feeling that next year we could potentially see a repeat of Ukraine in 2022 except for The Netherlands? This will be what 2024 will be remembered for and I have a suspicion that people will vote for The Netherlands to win again no matter who or what they send in 2025, simply because of what has happened. I just hope that if it isn't him next year then we hopefully get someone like Emma Heesters, Floor Jansen or, as unlikely as it seems since she lives in Japan, Stefanie Joosten.

SAYAY

Does anyone get the feeling that next year we could potentially see a repeat of Ukraine in 2022 except for The Netherlands? This will be what 2024 will be remembered for and I have a suspicion that people will vote for The Netherlands to win again no matter who or what they send in 2025, simply because of what has happened. I just hope that if it isn't him next year then we hopefully get someone like Emma Heesters, Floor Jansen or, as unlikely as it seems since she lives in Japan, Stefanie Joosten.
I understand your point, but would people still care about this one year later though? I hope people are if he is indeed found innocent. But I am thinking- we have no idea who will represent the Netherlands in 2025 or if they will withdraw or participate obviously, but I assume if they do there will be with a different artist/group. If Joost was representing them again I could possibly see this scenario play out but with different artist...im not so sure.

FilipFromSweden

obviously the whole joost-thing was nowhere else to be seen than in this thread. :lol:
I never mentioned this thread

Lumina

…and what the delegation did with moments like the one on the video

Be careful! I know you all need a scapegoat and Israel is perfect for serving one in your eyes but remember, none of you was there. Not the users and also not Gabe or any of the team who are claiming they have seen it all. Stuff like that happened without anyone around. And it wasn’t certainly only Israel.

I said it before - the truth will come out sooner or later. And there may be videos of other delegations you maybe won’t like! ;) I would be cautious to support only one side when you know nothing. Do you really think the other delegations have been nice? Maybe there is a reason why Israel reacted like this.

Eden told the press what others had done to her. And I‘m sure the EBU stays quiet because they know the time stamps. They know who started harrassing others. ;)

Apart from that, the Joost thing had nothing to do with Israel. How deluded must people be if they still try to make Israel responsible for his bad behavior??

Rubine

Be careful! I know you all need a scapegoat …,

Apart from that, the Joost thing had nothing to do with Israel. How deluded must people be if they still try to make Israel responsible for his bad behavior??

Bad behavior? Up till now we don’t know what happened exactly so please stop talking about Joosts behavior like you were a witness there.

I agree the the incident with the camera lady has nothing to do with Israel.

But apart from that Joost had a few incidents with the Israel delegation. And in this topic about Joost we can discuss that too.

jatojo

Be careful not to put too much emphasis on the trial. Contacting the police was the natural extension of the EBU's case - it wasn't the other way around. An employer/project manager can easily carry out sanctions against an employee/participant without the criminal law having to be violated.

ItsJaden

Bad behavior? Up till now we don’t know what happened exactly so please stop talking about Joosts behavior like you were a witness there.

I agree the the incident with the camera lady has nothing to do with Israel.

But apart from that Joost had a few incidents with the Israel delegation. And in this topic about Joost we can discuss that too.

I can't get over the fact that a Dutch language song is charting in so manu countries. this has never happened before

Ted Talks

It’s what we’re all thinking at this point
Not me.

Can't say I had much of an opinion of him (more his song) prior to the DQ kerfuffle, but yeah, he's just been going down in my estimation constantly ever since. Arrogant sums him up if you ask me.

And yes it's an unpopular opinion I know, but I'm unlikely to change my view on him...

0scar

Well sure you're allowed to have your own opinion of him for sure and I wouldn't want to change that but if I was disqualified from Eurovision and I would feel if it was disproportionate, I'd say "Fuck Eurovision" as well

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not me.

Can't say I had much of an opinion of him (more his song) prior to the DQ kerfuffle, but yeah, he's just been going down in my estimation constantly ever since. Arrogant sums him up if you ask me.

And yes it's an unpopular opinion I know, but I'm unlikely to change my view on him...
There’s always one

nOt mE

Fluke

Does nobody else think he's obviously meant to look like Geert Wilders? The hairstyle isn't the same, but it's whitish blonde and equally bizarre, and some of the poses and mannerisms are obviously meant to resemble him too. Of course, it is not a parody of Geert Wilders otherwise, but he's presenting himself as an anti-Geert Wilders, an alternative to replace the original, in a sense.

Anyone else notice that the "I don't care who you are! I don't care where you come from! All we got is this moment, let's come TOGETHER!!!" bit was added for the live version? I think it's the emotionally strongest part of the performance, even more so than the ending. And i don't think he's just referring to how the contest was ruined by a certain country participating.

He's clearly referring to the growing xenophobia, racism and political divisions all over Europe. By "this moment", he's not referring to his Eurovision performance, but that we're currently at the last chance we have, with the upcoming elections and all, before we might be looking at another outright war in Europe, possibly over issues like allegiance to Russia and Israel, as well as immigration and the EU.

Also makes me wonder if it wasn't just bad luck that he was the one who got disqualified - he was attacked because of his message.

jatojo

Anyone else notice that the "I don't care who you are! I don't care where you come from! All we got is this moment, let's come TOGETHER!!!" bit was added for the live version? I think it's the emotionally strongest part of the performance, even more so than the ending.

The lyrics of this song is like a really bad version of Portion Boys' UMK 2023 entry. If you take away the lyrics, you might think this song is very quirky and funny, but the words are so NOT funny at all. And the "let's come together no matter who you are" part is the world's number one cliché - it does nothing to elevate the lyrics at all.

So flat.

Sammy

Veteran
The lyrics of this song is like a really bad version of Portion Boys' UMK 2023 entry. If you take away the lyrics, you might think this song is very quirky and funny, but the words are so NOT funny at all. And the "let's come together no matter who you are" part is the world's number one cliché - it does nothing to elevate the lyrics at all.

So flat.
and hypocritical

Top Bottom