5 3.2%

2 1.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
Who thought that dressing up the dancers in their wildest fetish fantasies was a good idea for a comeback?

It really looks unflattering - especially since Joel is wearing a suit.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
I'm a bit confused as to the languages being spoken. The main language is Luxembourgish which everybody in Luxembourg understands, right?
Three main languages in Luxembourg. As an on-off traveler there, French has always been enough, even if my German isn't bad... But Luxembourgish is something else. I'd say it's the third most common language in the Grand Duché, but battling with English - and Portuguese in 5th.

NemesisNick

Song 1: Joel Marques – "Believer"
The first and second verses are sung softly, but the choruses are rather lively (a form of rock, I guess). I like the clouds on the background screen in the choruses. The bridge section seems better in this live performance than in the preview video. I'm not sure the four dancers (if their actions can be called dancing) are really necessary here. It's difficult judging on the first song in tonight's line-up, but if the preview videos are anything to go by, this is perhaps one of the better songs tonight.

Etanna

Three main languages in Luxembourg. As an on-off traveler there, French has always been enough, even if my German isn't bad... But Luxembourgish is something else. I'd say it's the third most common language in the Grand Duché, but battling with English - and Portuguese in 5th.
fascinating! somehow I expected to hear mostly Luxembourgish with some French here and there so I'm quite surprised by hearing about the other languages, especially English and now Portuguese

NemesisNick

Song 2: Edsun – "Finally Alive"
Edsun certainly likes red, going by his red shirt and red suit. There is plenty of use of red (and white as well) on the background screen and stage floor. At times up and down movemnt of the red squares is simulated on the background screen. I was disappointed with this song when watching the preview videos, and if anything, I'm even more disappointed with tonight's live performance. It's an OK disco song, but there's no way on Earth this will be competitive enough for Eurovision.

randajad

Super Moderator
Staff member
The second song is fine I guess, but I am mostly fascinated how well is everything executed. This is my lesson not to judge a contest by an unfortunate font they use in the logo.

Etanna

this was quite lovely, but it would be a very stereotypical choice for Luxembourg to compete with a female-sung balad in French

Sammy

Veteran
Good effort, but not strong enough - yet. She‘d need a bit more stage presence and power to deliver that song.

Top Bottom