5 3.8%

6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ollibox

Anyway, the key thing we discovered with this conversation here - any country who produces a song that unites the Nordic and the Balkan part of the Europe will end up really high @ESC :giggle:

Ezio

Veteran
Let me give you an even better example Rain of Revolution in 2017, what do you notice here?

jnihznU.png
Oh look, who jumped on the block voting bandwagon. lol

Ezio

Veteran
This is just not true though Ireland Norway and Latvia are all in Semi 1, they only really have UK for diaspora in their semi
Estonia. Georgia, Poland, Ukraine, United Kingdom. It's a wrap.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Oh look, who jumped on the block voting bandwagon. lol
Two things, one diaspora voting and block voting are not the same thing two ive said multiple times that I do not care about the effect diaspora or block voting exists its just a fact of reality and cannot be avoided, there is no work around for shared culture/history/language nor should there be

Also Austria literally withdrew in the 2000s because of "political voting" lmao

simori95

Ok, let's bet, you can disprove me on May 9th 2023 at 23:30.

These are semi 1 competitors.

_128479641_eurovision_semi_final_2_v2_2x640.png

The qaulifiers will be:

1. Sweden
2. Latvia
3. Norway
4. Netherlands
5. Finland
6. Malta
7. Switzerland
8. Israel
9. Portugal
10. Borderline qualifier will be decided between Ceska, Serbia, Ireland or Azerbaycan.

Yup. This is how "interesting" and "uncertain" the results of Eurovision televote are. And who occupies 6 places in total? "Swedish Pop-House Mafia". 🤣
What are you basing this on, if I may ask? A western voting block because of taste or because of geographic proximity, or both? Asking just out of curiosity, btw, not meant as criticism. To be fair, neighboring votes exist, and so does that certain regions tend to have relatively similar tastes, but I definitely don’t see those tendencies so high that you can already predict 9/10 qualifiers just based on the nations. Furthermore I don’t really see the logic behind putting Moldova and Serbia as non-/borderline qualifiers, given both have quite a good track record and (afaik, although not researched) that includes quite some points from western nations, whether they sent songs that seem similar to a style that „typically“ appeals to western audiences or not. Thats just how I feel about this though.

Anyway, since this is the lithuania-thread, I will come back to the topic.
I had no idea UK always gives/gave so many points to Lithuania but for once I would be happy about that. There are not that many songs like Monikas in the lineup yet, if it stays that way I see that being an advantage to her. To come back to the example of semi 1, there are already quite some male bands with more or less mid-tempo songs (although I am not saying they sound alike) with a more or less indie vibe who I think will steal each other‘s points and therefore dampen any potential success the songs might have had (not saying all of them would be successful), at least regarding this specific semi. The only song that really fits into the same category as Monika so far (to me) is Estonia. Of course it’s not optimal that they’re both in the same semi, but if they were to remain the only ones in their field, I really see it working to both entries’ benefit, makes them stand out more.

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
United Kingdom is the only country here that has a Lithuanian diaspora why do we keep going round on circles on this
Because sitting in front of the computer is not healthy for your ass, running in circles is.

Ezio

Veteran
Oh really?? I had no idea I just thought you made excuses for Pia Maria for fun
Are you coming for her again? We all know Lithuania would have qualified with Halo.

Lithuania even qualified 2011, and 2013, when Austria was way still but better than them but much more mediocre than Halo.

ollibox

Yeah we have like 200,000 Lithuanians here and Ireland and Norway have sizeable populations too
It's like you have some control over Google in my computer :LOL:
Never searched about anything related to Lithuania in near past, but in YT, the first thing popping in front:

:ROFLMAO:

Ezio

Veteran
You don't wanna test my limits. But something tells me you're not listenin' Probably, you're going crazy. It's all you've been doing lately
I just happen to take no one on the Internet seriously, and no offense thrown at me. I give the children what they want.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Are you coming for her again? We all know Lithuania would have qualified with Halo.

Lithuania even qualified 2011, and 2013, when Austria was way still but better than them but much more mediocre than Halo.
If you and I agree on anything its that Lithuania shouldn't have gotten anywhere near the final in 2013 that is for sure

Ezio

Veteran
If you and I agree on anything its that Lithuania shouldn't have gotten anywhere near the final in 2013 that is for sure
So, at least you are open to the possibility that a country can qualify based on anything but merit. While Austria shouldn't ever qualify under no circumstance if the song is not only a major bop, but also perfectly sung.

Due to Alps, we know steep hills to climbs.

Ezio

Veteran
So, next time, I say Serbia gets 12 points by default from Austria, I have a strong supporter in Mop.. Can't wait to crunch the numbers already in the aftermath of our semifinal dropout.

Top Bottom