6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
So, at least you are open to the possibility that a country can qualify based on anything but merit. While Austria shouldn't ever qualify under no circumstance if the song is not only a major bop, but also perfectly sung.
Yes Lithuania qualified in 2013 because it was in the same semi as UK and Ireland or maybe it was because of the shoes he was wearing that day.

What Austrian entries do you think were done wrong by europe? Because lots of countries would have happily taken a win and a top 3 in the last ten years without moaning

Ezio

Veteran
Imagine Pia Maria with Reileys autotune. :12: from the Danish juries at least.
I bet my worn panties, that Reily has poorer vocals than Pia Maria, and will flood the jurors' basements still

MopManMoss

Veteran
I bet my worn panties, that Reily has poorer vocals than Pia Maria, and will flood the jurors' basements still
I agree with you completely and if there is any justice in the world Reiley wont make it to the finals to meet a jury

simori95

If you and I agree on anything its that Lithuania shouldn't have gotten anywhere near the final in 2013 that is for sure
While we‘re at it, anyone remember the funny backstage interview after the finale where he was complaining about his placement in 21st (or close to that)?

Ezio

Veteran
Yes Lithuania qualified in 2013 because it was in the same semi as UK and Ireland or maybe it was because of the shoes he was wearing that day.

What Austrian entries do you think were done wrong by europe? Because lots of countries would have happily taken a win and a top 3 in the last ten years without moaning

Nadine Beiler shouldn't have bombed the televote, and she wouldn't if she were Swedish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian or Serbian.

Natalia Kelly shouldn't have qualified from the get-go, but she shouldn't have lost against Estonia or Lithuania neither, which were beneath her.

Makemakes shouldn't have scored zero televoting points, but Austria gets 0 points like no other country, if the song doesn't scream attention whore.

Nathan Trent shouldn't have qualified, but when he did, of course he was the one with zero points. If Austria ends up low, you can always count us to receive not 5, not 4, not 2, but zero points.

Panda should have qualified. Period. Zero points again.

Halo should have won the semi.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Makemakes shouldn't have scored zero televoting points
Yes yes 10000000x yes I have never understood how Austria did so badly in 2015 it is one of my favourite songs that yea
Panda should have qualified. Period. Zero points again.

Halo should have won the semi.
2019 and 2022 had bad vocals from Austria I'm sorry that you don't agree, well Panda didnt necessarily sound bad just kind of amateur and her cadence was off-putting

PlasticToad

Stay is nice. I like the Lithuanian bit, the chant/sing together is pretty memorable, I think. The rest of it... isn't really. But I can't say I dislike the song at all, I enjoy listening to it and watching the UK 2019 staging rehash. Sure, I'll give it a :6:.

Ezio

Veteran
Yes yes 10000000x yes I have never understood how Austria did so badly in 2015 it is one of my favourite songs that yea

2019 and 2022 had bad vocals from Austria I'm sorry that you don't agree
Paenda was shitting in her pants but everything else was perfect. Why does Austria never get away with some notes sang out of tune?

And Halo bombed because of this performance, the vocals were fine and the background vocals were gorgeous. I still rape the youtube button like for no other song that year, and I don't do that by default. Vincent Bueno, Nathan Trent who?

Ezio

Veteran
About geography, Austria has the most neighboring countries in Europe. Or am I wrong?:rolleyes:

We also have the most diverse neighbours and the least in common with them.

Why do think the Habsburg monarchy broke up? Because the nations within couldn't stand each other and the rule from Vienna. Most of our neighbours hate us, except for Slovenes.

Besides German television, there is no shared entertainment market with any of them. Not even Swiss TV is watched her.

Besides that, 3 neighbours aren't participating in ESC.

And Germany has one more neighbour.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I hope Austria qualify because if not I am fully expecting you to cite people being confused by Austria and Australia being in the same semi, there is not a conspiracy against Austria

Ezio

Veteran
I hope Austria qualify because if not I am fully expecting you to cite people being confused by Austria and Australia being in the same semi, there is not a conspiracy against Austria
Actually, I am not invested in our success this year. So I don't give a flying fuck. Edgar Allen Poe sounds too stupid even for me.

After Halo's flop, I cancelled Eurovision. I have been rooting for our country for over 30 years and mostly to see us bomb.

ollibox

We also have the most diverse neighbours and the least in common with them.

Why do think the Habsburg monarchy broke up? Because the nations within couldn't stand each other and the rule from Vienna. Most of our neighbours hate us, except for Slovenes.

Besides German television, there is no shared entertainment market with any of them. Not even Swiss TV is watched her.

Besides that, 3 neighbours aren't participating in ESC.

And Germany has one more neighbour.
We had some branch of Habsburg monarchy in Estonia as well, btw.

Bottom line is, we're way off topic here, in Lithuanian thread :LOL:

Ezio

Veteran
We had some branch of Habsburg monarchy in Estonia as well, btw.

Bottom line is, we're way off topic here, in Lithuanian thread :LOL:
And we have a president, who was born in Estonia. And Harald Serafin was born in Lithuania, and he has a hot son.

I think I would be doing great at a improv challenge, because every sentence begins with "And" or "I" ..... lol

MopManMoss

Veteran
Having slept on it I think Stay is perfectly competent and the mini revamp it had for the final of Pabandom is naujo has definitely improved the song for me if this were in semi 1 I think it would be DOA but I dont see why it can't qualify

ollibox

Actually, I am not invested in our success this year. So I don't give a flying fuck. Edgar Allen Poe sounds too stupid even for me.

After Halo's flop, I cancelled Eurovision. I have been rooting for our country for over 30 years and mostly to see us bomb.
Awww... Don't be so harsh. Austria has had a lot of very fine entries! The luck will turn to you again! 2023 seems to become slightly weak year regarding ESC songs, maybe your Poe thing has a chance?

Ezio

Veteran
Awww... Don't be so harsh. Austria has had a lot of very fine entries! The luck will turn to you again! 2023 seems to become slightly weak year regarding ESC songs, maybe your Poe thing has a chance?
As long as Germany does worse, I am fine. That's mostly the case, so fingers crossed. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom