4 2.3%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Bmbriga

:it: will be Top 5, minimum tonight.
(I predict a #3 place behind :se: and :fi: as well)
You think?
I'm not sure.
Although, I looked at the betting odds and I can see it going higher than those in front of him.
It seems like a nice classical ballad with great vocals that flies under the radar, but in the end appeals to people.
I'm pretty sure a significant amount of Croats will vote for it.

Mainshow

Veteran
You think?
I'm not sure.
Although, I looked at the betting odds and I can see it going higher than those in front of him.
It seems like a nice classical ballad with great vocals that flies under the radar, but in the end appeals to people.
I'm pretty sure a significant amount of Croats will vote for it.

Marco has become a huge pop star of the Italian music scene and the Eurovision Song Contest has become more popular amongst Italians and Italian diaspora in recent years - I somehow believe that they will heavily support him this year and Marco can attract non-Italian viewers as well. He got one of the best voices this year and he performs a very classy and emotional ballad in a year with many up-tempo songs and the other ballads are either non-authentic (:ch:) or quite "shouty" :lt: - :ee: is difficult to predict (I think it´s a jury pleaser but might finish Bottom 5 in the televoting).

I can totally see him being Top 5 in Central and Southern Europe's televoting and getting some 12´s from the juries as well.

cegs5

I just saw his performance for the first time this morning and I really think he will do great. Juries will fall for this and televoters won't ignore it. Marco is not onky a voice, but a great performer of emotions without needing too many props and gimmick. Definitely a dark horse.

MS.

Just watched the full youtube video and this was simply amazing.
His voice live is litterally miles better than anyone else in this competition. All the rest can be shaky sometimes. Maybe Blanca Paloma is the only other one who can rival him.
He doesn't even miss a note and this while delivering it with a lot of emotion.
I can see this ending top 3 in the jury now or at least top 5 and i am not joking. Really really hope i am not wrong.
So few people in this forum believed in Italy. I'm so happy for Marco. :love:

Preuss

Wasn’t it obvious Italy would at least be top 10 though? One of few countries that was certainly going to do well with both the jury and the public

nudiecrudi

Now I had my revenge because i was one of the few believing in Due Vite and Marco.
Where are all the genius that predicted Italy out of top 10 this year?
To most of the various so called stupid ytubers or experts denigrating and underestimating Marco's talent and capacity this result is a slap in their face.
Italy always produces good music, songs coming from the soul not created in a boot camp or taylored to win Eurovision with mammoth stagings. For this reason Europe loves Italy in ESC.
Someone has written that Italy should stop sending ballads and try something more contemporary.
Quality is always modern and contemporary.

Iker

Veteran
I did not expect such a high place for Italy this year at all.

However I should have known better as Italy has a good track record and knows "how to Eurovision" and Marco has good looks and a good voice. I would have him above Israel tbh.

Skymnos

Among all the excess, it felt good to pause for a moment in such a simple, sweet and engaging performance.

It just goes to show that classic-type songs always have an audience when they are good and well sung. And he sang it beautifully.

Congrats to him. Well deserved!

ps: never underestimate the power of puppy-eyes.

Last edited:

Preuss

I love the full version of "Due Vite", but man, I really think the Eurovision version is great too, perhaps even better. It didn't suffer as much as previous Italians entries have when they had to shorten the song.

I can't wait what Italy's giving us next year again xlove

crashworld

Veteran
With the quality we are getting this year, I can see this winning the jury vote or at the very least top 3 in the jury voting. There is no way the jury will not respect this. We just need a simple staging that will just focus on Marco's beautiful voice + his smouldering looks and a good running order, Italy should have another top 10 or even top 5 placement locked in.

I mean what can I say. Said this back in early March. Knew it Marco will bring it. A no. 4 overall is great stuff for Italy. He bested his first attempt and brought Italy back to top 5. Love that he got so emotional at the end. Daddy Marco LOVE YOU!

Top Bottom