6 2.8%

4 1.8%

6 2.8%

83 38.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

Probably some juries will vote Israel massively down. Don‘t forget some TV-channels were very vocal for a ban of Israel. Those might also have chosen jurors who will voice their political protest in their voting.

Yeah there’s no way our jury will give it a single point I believe

I’m not sure how other countries stand regarding this matter though? Please fill me in whether she would get some jury love from like eastern or southern countries

gingerale

I’m not sure how other countries stand regarding this matter though? Please fill me in whether she would get some jury love from like eastern or southern countries

I would predict that nordic juries will give 0 points to Israel, while middle Europe juries probably give avarage to high scores. Anything else I can't predict. Maybe more support in eastern than in western Europe.

ViVillRejv

She is only human; Eden is not Netanyahu the same way Sergey Lazarev or Polina Gagarina are not Putin. People really need to chill with the hate towards the israeli ESC delegation (direct it to their actual government or politicians instead).

Well-deserved Q because of the impeccable vocals at the very least. Many sung badly in this second semi for some reason.

PolarFoxxie.

I do hope for televote Winn of Israel. I don't care about haters. Haters gonna hate. Let them be even more frustrated. I don't even mind Israel win. The song deserves it definitely more than Croatian plagiate song with his vocal ability. My faves Switzerland, UK and Belgium. But now I'm rooting also for Israel and France. I know Ukraine doesn't have chances anymore. Producers killed it.

Jupiter

I mean what is new though? The conflict has truly brought out the true colours of alot of people and normalized the usual anti-Israel/antisemitic tropes.

And that's just based on one SINGLE voting country where we can't even verify the voting figures to be true. I'm not disputing the results, I'm talking more on the percentages.

The numbers are legit. German Bloggers from ESCKompakt contacted RAI after the leak and confirmed with them that the numbers are true (and I'm sure there are more people that did).

And for real, you don't think if the numbers were fake, RAI would have simply said something? They're getting trouble for leaking this too - they'd wash their hands clean of this if they could.

Also, people saying there is political/organized voting now = being anti-semitic? Come on lol. Political/organized voting on smaller scales isn't even rare. Last year, when it was Lord of the Lost vs Ikke Hüftgold for Germany, there was plenty of organized votes (buying extra SIM cards, buying SIM cards for International Fans, getting family/friends who don't watch ESC involved, people voting to prevent Ikke etc). Am I now a LOTL hater? They're one of my fave bands. This is nothing even all that rare. Heck, I've seen people spend actual money on manipulating japanese anime character popularity polls, or spending money to "win" bloody Twitter polls. You can buy Youtube views. There is so much weirder stuff out there. And iirc, I already saw talk of a dutch(?) right wing chanel/outlet asking for Support for Israel (tho no idea if that is true). And I've seen plenty of comments from german Fans saying they'll vote for Israel in the final out of "support" (some despite not even liking the song).
But you think Israel getting 40% of the votes, 32%(!) more than the second place televote Magnet "Europapa", more than 10% higher than Ukraine in 2022 - is completely organic & non-political? Sorry, but lol. No chance in hell, and I'd tell you the same no matter who was pulling these numbers.

As for "juries will tank this" - not all will. I doubt the german jury completely will for example. And in 2022, 40 jury points would have been enough for Ukraine.

dogmeat

Can someone from Italy tell us what the public opinion vaout the Gaza conflict is? Are Italians really this pro-Israel?

For example, in Poland the majority is basically neutral, while the far left and far right are both #teampalestine. Huge televote for Israel here would be shocking

gigi_copp3

Can someone from Italy tell us what the public opinion vaout the Gaza conflict is? Are Italians really this pro-Israel?

For example, in Poland the majority is basically no opinion, while the far left and far right are both #teampalestine. Huge televote for Israel here would be shocking
There is a vocal pro-Palestine side, that seems to be massive: Twitter is mainly pro-Palestine, and also younger left-wing people. But there are also people (mainly right-wing supporters/older people/people who only watch RAI to get infos) who support Israel.
Everyone here has an opinion, so it's no surprise that Israel won the televoting since there's no anti-vote. I think most Palestine supporters will vote for Baby Lasagna since he has become the only choice in order to avoid the worst-case scenario.

Loindici

Veteran
Yes, I am biased against Israel. But even without have to side myself, and while I can see where they're coming from (probably to help strengthen Eden during the boos), this is quite a tone-deaf thing to post in the Kan_il tiktok account. Why can't they keep this one to themselves, at least not to exacerbate people's opinion about them?

Iker

Veteran

For example, in Poland the majority is basically neutral, while the far left and far right are both #teampalestine. Huge televote for Israel here would be shocking

I think everyone who has a heart in the right place and is not brainwashed is at this moment supporting Palestine. Children are dying out of hunger in Gaza, the situation of people there is much worse than in Ukraine, there's often no drinkable water and the scarcity of drugs - so people are dying because of it or have their illnesses exacerbated as if bombs/shellings were not enough. Even external volunteers bringing humanitarian relief are targeted by Israel and dying. I expect a lot of votes for Israel from Italy because there's actually a big Jewish diaspora in Italy unlike in Poland. Many Italians are part-Ashkenazi Jewish as well.

Last edited:

0scar

Yes, I am biased against Israel. But even without have to side myself, and while I can see where they're coming from (probably to help strengthen Eden during the boos), this is quite a tone-deaf thing to post in the Kan_il tiktok account. Why can't they keep this one to themselves, at least not to exacerbate people's opinion about them?

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say? No shade but could you elaborate bc I don't get your point

EDIT: oh I didn't get the video properly so deleted my opinion here

Loindici

Veteran
I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say? No shade but could you elaborate bc I don't get your point

My opinion is still that people should just blank Israel altogether and don't give any attention to them instead of this behaviour towards Eden Golan, it's only counterproductive and these kind of actions are the reason why I'm not surprised that Israel will win the televote. The extreme anti-Israel sentiment creates an incentive for the pro-Israel supporters to massively vote for them.
I can see the delegation expecting Israel getting booed at the arena, but I never thought they'd actually 'boo' at her to prepare her for this, and then casually posted it on their official broadcaster TikTok - which would be worse for their image.

Anyways, I'm sorry, I was a bit emotional seeing this and posted without really thinking through. You're right after all.

crashworld

Veteran

You have to ask yourself why is posting a clip of such prep work has to be triggering for some? Is it because these snowflakes are hurt that their boos are of insignificant effect to Eden?

Iker

Veteran

EDIT: oh I didn't get the video properly so deleted my opinion here

I have nothing against Eden Golan - however even in more neutral circumstances I'd not support her as I find her song bland. She's not Polina Gagarina who's a pal of Putin, cherishes the invasion and who sang a clear, propaganda song. What was extremely anti-Israel in my statement?

0scar

I have nothing against Eden Golan - however even in more neutral circumstances I'd not support her as I find her song bland. She's not Polina Gagarina who's a pal of Putin, cherishes the invasion and who sang a clear, propaganda song. What was extremely anti-Israel in my statement?

Is this a question directly towards me? Because I didn't respond to anything you said, I didn't even properly read your post to be honest (nothing personal but I'm at work lol)

Loindici

Veteran
You have to ask yourself why is posting a clip of such prep work has to be triggering for some? Is it because these snowflakes are hurt that their boos are of insignificant effect to Eden?
I guess they know it can stir more heat into an already hot pot?

But I'm curious, where did you project this from? Because this is not even about the snowflakes, rather about how KAN handles their already stained media presence.

Loindici

Veteran
Is this a question directly towards me? Because I didn't respond to anything you said, I didn't even properly read your post to be honest (nothing personal but I'm at work lol)
Out of topic but I was just arriving from work. Gotta get the money while breaking backs :xo:

Top Bottom