6 2.8%

4 1.8%

6 2.8%

83 38.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

I dont see a reason why Israel should not win the televote. France probably will win the jury vote. Maybe a third country will be the lucky one for the win.

PolarFoxxie.

Hmmm this will obviously do well in televote. But hmmmmm this will obviously do very high in jurry. Very strong emotional ballad with very strong voice. Hmmmm this means only once. Let me show you Tel Aviv. Nice, it's funny how the tables have turned.

PolarFoxxie.

I dont see a reason why Israel should not win the televote. France probably will win the jury vote. Maybe a third country will be the lucky one for the win.
Tell me one good reason why Israel wouldn't do well in jurry and why France wouldn't do well in televote?

Preuss

just copy/paste from the other forum cause it's so true:

"If Israel wins, they will have all the haters to thank for.
I can guarantee you had it not been for such strong reactions from the other side, all of the others wouldn't be rallied up for this.
It worked for me."

southernstars

Why would this win? She did sing well and it wasn't as bad as I remember but... A winning song? Please.

Imagine if they had written a different song. About solidarity. Sung in Hebrew and Arabic. Imagine.

njdevils94

Veteran
Why would this win? She did sing well and it wasn't as bad as I remember but... A winning song? Please.

Imagine if they had written a different song. About solidarity. Sung in Hebrew and Arabic. Imagine.
Its one of the most contemporary and accesible songs in this edition. Dare I say it's even more radio friendly than Unicorn was. Performed very well as a tribute to victims on October 7th and the Jewish community stretches all across the globe. I don't see it winning but it will go very high in the tele-vote.

soulm8

Its one of the most contemporary and accesible songs in this edition. Dare I say it's even more radio friendly than Unicorn was. Performed very well as a tribute to victims on October 7th and the Jewish community stretches all across the globe. I don't see it winning but it will go very high in the tele-vote.
Oh pls, let’s not pretend we all know how the tele vote gonna happen!

DanielLuis

Makes me wonder who actually voted for her. I really doubt that many voted out of any actual sympathy for Israel, or even their situation in the contest. They probably just thought it was a good-enough song with a arguably, technically on-point performance, in a genre not really represented that well in either of the semis. Gonna hope they get trashed in the final though. There are so many entries this does NOT deserve to do higher than, even for vocal skills alone.
40% of the Italian televoting, with the runner-up getting 7%. Yeah I'm sure it was just based on the merit of the song.

southernstars

So people are only voting for her because she's Jewish? Is that also why Luxembourg made it despite a sub-par song? 🤔

Jupiter

40% of the Italian televoting, with the runner-up getting 7%. Yeah I'm sure it was just based on the merit of the song.
This. Such a huge margin wouldn't happen based on the song alone. Even if "Hurricane" was so outstanding, this is not a voting split that happens (it beating "Europapa" at all, which is much more televote friendly, would be weird enough). This is organized mass voting, and I wouldn't be shocked if it came from a lot of people that normally don't watch ESC, and now only voted for political reasons.

There is a chance this wins on saturday, and if it does, it'll be a huge blow to the contest. I don't care what side anyone is on, it's absolutely wild not to see that. So many countries would pull out, even from those competing many artists wouldn't want to join. Many viewers would join the "it's all politics & pointless" camp (remember the comments Ukraine 2022 is getting? Yeah, but much worse). And the contest is already struggling as it is. I guess we can only hope the juries reeeaaally tank this, or that Italys televote is not representative after all.

Preuss

I'm like, why do people even attend Eurovision this year if they're so against Israel participating? if you're so against it then sit it out. I feel like those protesting so hard aren't even willing to sacrifice anything going to Eurovision for like one year but somehow expect everyone else to?

she's there for the music and so should everyone who attends this year, it's super unfair to put what's what happening these days onto individuals (that counts for both sides) imo

Preuss

can i please not be slaughtered again for just voicing my opinion regarding Israel this year at EUROVISION let me tell y'all

Navn Navnes

If this wins i lose faith in humanity. This is a boring balad that gets votes from people that for some reason or other support the israeli government no matter what atrocities they comit. If this was non-political it might not even quality, and finish 14th in the final at best.

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

Congratulations to a certain country for ruining the competition for all of us, just for a caprice of proving they can do whatever they want and force it to us. 👏
You should thank that certain country that advised all of you what's happening 🤣
Imagine 11th of May Israel winking surprisingly with a huge televote. How many heart attacks.
Now you know that it could happen 🤣

Top Bottom