12 5.2%

53 23.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
Just a reminder to all in England, Scotland and Wales. Since Northern Ireland can vote and has a UK number you guys can also vote for your favourites Friday night. Basically this is me pleading with our friends in Britain to help us get either Ailsha or Bambie Thug through haha

The over 50s and over 70s will be out in force watching the late late (particularly the over 70s who haven't bought a record in 30 years and never heard of streaming). I anticipate at least 5 people aged 75 to 95 to have heart attacks watching Bambie Thug on their TVs at home haha

#MakeDiversityWin though and vote for Next in Line xheart

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Bambie Thug, JyelloL and Alisha following in each other? RTÉ really wants viewers to change the channel :D

Mainshow

Veteran
49% winning chance (betting odds) for Erica-Cody is huge - especially since the song's mediocre at best.

Cathan

49% winning chance (betting odds) for Erica-Cody is huge - especially since the song's mediocre at best.
It's pretty remarkable when she's :

3rd on Spotify streams (by a huge margin compared to 1st and 2nd).
3rd in the ESC scoreboard app
3rd on Youtube top 6 combined tops
3rd on the Eurovision fan poll (again by a big margin compared to 1st and 2nd)
and on the Eirevision results show the Irish jury (which was credible enough as it had Brooke, former Eurosong artists, the OGAE head etc) ranked Erica 4th.

Literally 0 evidence out there supports her ridiculously short odds unless the bookies suspect this is all a fix for her to win which it increasingly looks like it is.

Remembrance

Well... I do like Love Me Like I Do, so I wouldn't be too upset if Ireland went with that one :)
That said (and despite the noise pollution of it all), I do think Go Tobann would be a riskier and more interesting entry.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy peanut butter day to everyone who celebrates

I don’t buy the Meridian brand so Whole Earth will have to do for me this morning!

Chrisiam

Erica-Cody's song would have been a great entry in 2014. I mean, it is a fine song. But Ireland needs songs that are more than just fine if they want to do well. Bambi Thug or Alisha might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they leave an impression for good reasons. Unlike Wild Youth who left an impression, but, well, not a good one.

Top Bottom