12 5.2%

53 23.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
When asked for a source he just claims he is the source lol don't believe everything you see on twitter

jatojo

I have a feeling that the Irish public is conservative enough to not pick any of the two noisy songs. Even the bookmakers are thinking so too, now (after putting Go Taliban on top for some time).

Cathan

I have a feeling that the Irish public is conservative enough to not pick any of the two noisy songs. Even the bookmakers are thinking so too, now (after putting Go Taliban on top for some time).

At this stage the bookies had CONNOLLY and Janet Grogan (Brooke overtook her the day before the final) as favorites and neither went on to win. Erica Coady being made the favorite seems to be the bookies way of trying to guess what Ireland will pick more than anything as there's no other logic for her to be the favorite.

Cathan

Not by the same amount though I believe and Erica-Cody has plenty of connections to RTE.

Sorry for spamming at this rate but just one thing to add, the odds shown from 2023 are the last odds before the winner was announced. In the build up to the final Connolly was comfortably the favorite but after Wild Youth performed on the LLS the odds massive went up for them.

Paco Roca

For me, the choice of bookmakers who predict Erica Cody has two reasons:

* They think that between the two noisy songs the third, not noisy, will grab the victory.

* They know absolutely nothing about how it will end. They put a solid song that will never reach #4 as the first option and keep Alisha and Bambie Thug in a tie.

I lean towards the second reason. If I have to choose between "Go Tobann" and "Doomsday Blue", even if the former needs to be renewed, I say Alisha's song. It's obvious: it's an impactful piece with markedly Celtic elements that will make the average ESC viewer drool, not many of us experts and fundamentalists of the Bubble. A bit, in a less impactful form, of "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Muprhys. After a long absence, the public needs Celtic sounds.

Last edited:

Cathan

For me, the choice of bookmakers who predict Erica Cody has two reasons:

* They think that between the two noisy songs the third, not noisy, will grab the victory.

* They know absolutely nothing about how it will end. They put a solid song that will never reach #4 as the first option and keep Alisha and Bambie Thug in a tie.

I lean towards the second reason. If I have to choose between "Go Tobann" and "Doomsday Blue", even if the former needs to be renewed, I say Alisha's song. It's obvious: it's an impactful piece with markedly Celtic elements that will make the average ESC viewer drool, not many of us experts and fundamentalists of the Bubble. A bit, in a less impactful form, of "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Muprhys. After a long absence, the public needs Celtic sounds.

The fact Ailsha was the comfortable favorite not to long ago and Erica was a massive outside to suddenly Erica being the relativly comfortable favorite desite there being little evidence suggests the bookies dont have a clue either.

I think if this was a Nordic or Baltic NF Ailsha would be the comfortable favorite but due Ireland history of making some unusual decisions, even though I disagree with this based on evidence but its a narrative that's been created, that they are trying to guess what Ireland will pick. I remember they did the same with Janet Grogan in 2022 even though she wasn't even top 3 in the selection in most polls...

empo21

Veteran
Erica-Cody is currently charting at #13 in this Irish Homegrown chart

Apparently, there were also influencers hyping the song up? (Saw that on reddit idk how true, but social media influencers have slowly been used for song hype before).

Love Me Like I Do might be doing better commercially in Ireland than the other Eurosong entries and it's beige enough to win. It would be one of the better bland songs to win Eurosong so there's that.

Paco Roca

Celtic sounds? The song sounds more like a car accident played slow and in reverse.
We don't underestimate It. He could captivate the public like the Moldovan group that sang about the little train. Considered by all to be a bland and hopeless song.

The Celtic sounds in "Go Tobann" are there. I'm not saying it's the best song I've listen in my life but it could be an excellent participant in the music contest.

Ajeje Brazorf

Best and worst case scenarios for Ireland in Eurovision for each Eurosong entry, imo:

- Ailsha: Go Tobann - best case scenario: Top 15; worst case scenario: NQ due to poor live performance or messy staging.
- Bambie Thug: Doomsday Blue - best case scenario: Qualified for the Grand Final, but ranked 20th to 25th in Eurovision; worst case scenario: same as "Go Tobann".
- Erica Cody: Love me like I do - Best case scenario: borderline qualifier for the final, last place in the GF; worst case scenario: NQ due to public's lack of interest on the song in a Televoting only semi.
- Isabella Kearney: Let me be the fire - Best case scenario: borderline NQ, with plenty of praise from the public for being somehow competitive if the field is weak; worst case scenario: same as Love me like I do.
- JyellowL: Judas - best case scenario: mmmmh...for him to take part of Eurovision? I really don't know... Worst case scenario: toilet break.
- Next in Line: Love like us - Best case scenario: Ireland doesn't choose them; Worst case scenario: Ireland chooses them, comes dead last and withdraws in 2025.

Last edited:

SpiritofKeiino

Re the Erica odds. Just wondering have some insiders had access to rehearsals for Friday and maybe putting money on Erica after comparing with Go Tobann etc.

Ajeje Brazorf

Celtic sounds? The song sounds more like a car accident played slow and in reverse.

That's why, if the live is even remotely promising, they should choose it. "Go Tobann" is the most polarizing song they have: some will love it, like me for example, some, like you, will find it dreadful. And you know what it means in Eurovision... I, as an Italian, know what it means: our entries are always polarizing ones and yet they manage to do well. I'm not saying Ireland will win Eurovision, because it won't, but can definitely qualify with that song, and that will be a massive improvement for them.

Cathan

Looking at twitter it looks like the Eurosong artists will have a proper stage to perform on and it wont be on that crappy LLS stage!

Top Bottom