11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
I'll take a walk with my dog in the snow now..m when I come back, I will be disappointed if :de: hasn't dropped outside the Top 20 by the time I log myself in again

mauve

Veteran
That "Naiv" is going to be our song this year is awfully ironic. I hate it here.
Even though many at ESC Kompakt are now even unsure if Reim is really in our NF. Should she be, I will vote for someone different. I don't like Reim at all. :(

I bims

Veteran
Looking at this lineup I don't even think Marie Reim is in it. They probably only picked newcomers. But now I wonder why the fuck are they doing this "Ich will zum ESC" bullshit then? Every single act is a small artist an newcomer, why make the extra effort to built one up through a wildcard?

But I really really really fucking hate how much they rely on small artists it's predatory at this point. They are inexperienced and have no clue how to go against a big institution like a national broadcaster. And when they flop and are left in the dust they have NO support system or experience how to handle the rage and constant news articles about how awful they are. And without a plattform they can't address anything.
Jendrik was so traumatized by the experience, he only now even considered releasing new music and is incredibly anxious about it. AnnSophie spoke about how she questioned herself after the last place... but NDR keeps doing this.

I hate it here.

Franzilein

I love how it's still early in the year and everything is already on fire again in the German thread, I can't anymore :ROFLMAO: Bless you all xlove

Personally I don't think it's that grim, I like Love on a Budget and Isaak's snippets sounded quite enjoyable. If they sell it well live, why the hell not.
But I totally get the frustration :lol: Was so happy to finally have a great potential candidate with a song in German... RIP

I'll take a walk with my dog in the snow now.. [...]

Relatable, hope you enjoyed it, my dogs were ecstatic :lol:

Marq

Hello everybody! Glad to join this wonderful forum.
About Grossstadtgeflüster: It is quite a disappointment for some, but they never intended to participate or represent our country anyway, so that's that.
Nevertheless we will have some decent entries in our NF and it would be a shame not to appreciate the effort these young artists put into their applications. I'm confident we will have somebody in Malmö we can be proud of and who embraces the spirit of the ESC as we do and will do her or his very best to put on a great show.

mauve

Veteran
About Grossstadtgeflüster: It is quite a disappointment for some, but they never intended to participate or represent our country anyway, so that's that.
Nevertheless we will have some decent entries in our NF and it would be a shame not to appreciate the effort these young artists put into their applications. I'm confident we will have somebody in Malmö we can be proud of and who embraces the spirit of the ESC as we do and will do her or his very best to put on a great show.
Welcome! :) You'll have to get used to the doomsday atmosphere here. Complaint is in the genes of German ESC fans. ;) I - unlike others here - wasn't too much into GSGF, so my mood is still okay. I will wait till Friday until we have the full songs of Bodine and Leona (plus the other songs) and will then decide if I fall into deep depression or not.

depressed-gif.gif

Looren

Veteran

Welcome ! Happy to see you here and I hope you'll enjoy being in this forum as much as we do :D

ESC94

Welcome! :) You'll have to get used to the doomsday atmosphere here. Complaint is in the genes of German ESC fans. ;) I - unlike others here - wasn't too much into GSGF, so my mood is still okay. I will wait till Friday until we have the full songs of Bodine and Leona (plus the other songs) and will then decide if I fall into deep depression or not.

depressed-gif.gif

Just embrace it, join the dark side. :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

Marq

Welcome! :) You'll have to get used to the doomsday atmosphere here. Complaint is in the genes of German ESC fans. ;)
Hehe. You know, it's still in the early stages of selecting the most appealing entry, we don't know all the songs and the wildcard competition hasn't even started yet. And people already seem to resign or post negative comments under the songs they dislike for the artists to read.
I think we would be better of with embracing the talents entering the eurovision stage. They might not be the ones who win the contest at the end, but they are still our little heroes. ❤️ Now is not the time to weep, it's the time to rejoice with them. Competition is for the most part attitude, so please pardon my disgraceful enthusiasm. 😃

mauve

Veteran
Hehe. You know, it's still in the early stages of selecting the most appealing entry, we don't know all the songs and the wildcard competition hasn't even started yet. And people already seem to resign or post negative comments under the songs they dislike for the artists to read.
I think we would be better of with embracing the talents entering the eurovision stage. They might not be the ones who win the contest at the end, but they are still our little heroes. ❤️ Now is not the time to weep, it's the time to rejoice with them. Competition is for the most part attitude, so please pardon my disgraceful enthusiasm. 😃
Seems like we another angel here! xheart

Mainshow

Veteran
Don't get accustomed to the positive vibes...
"Little heroes" and "competition is most part attitude!?"

Come on, who's throw-away account is that?

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
But for real, we all wait for Friday but we just prepare ourselves for the worst outcome and judging on the rumored songs we won't get better songs than generic to average stuff.
It doesn't figure a genius out that even our little heroes won't get a Top 15 or Top 20 result with the songs we've heard so far.

I still remember how German fans bashed me on a forum and on FB that I should support Germany more because "Wildfire" and "Perfect Life" were hit songs composed by internationally well-established songwriters.

But who knows maybe "Katze" and "Love on a budget" will finish Top 15 if we all send positive vibes to NDR ♡

ESC94

But for real, we all wait for Friday but we just prepare ourselves for the worst outcome and judging on the rumored songs we won't get better songs than generic to average stuff.
It doesn't figure a genius out that even our little heroes won't get a Top 15 or Top 20 result with the songs we've heard so far.

I still remember how German fans bashed me on a forum and on FB that I should support Germany more because "Wildfire" and "Perfect Life" were hit songs composed by internationally well-established songwriters.

But who knows maybe "Katze" and "Love on a budget" will finish Top 15 when we all send positive vibes to NDR ♡

Putin getting caught in a darkroom happens before that. xrofl

Top Bottom