11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

mauve

Veteran
Ok, I didn´t watch this episodes last year.

But I also think that seven acts would be very disappointing. :confused:
Yeah, especially when one of the 7 will be the Wildcard. Means only SIX acts. And two of them are already disappointing Ninety-Nine and Reim. :( I hope that there will be a surprise among the last 4, but I doubt it. I hope Ryk will be among them with "Oh Boy" because this is a song, I could support with all my heart.

ESC94

Yeah, especially when one of the 7 will be the Wildcard. Means only SIX acts. And two of them are already disappointing Ninety-Nine and Reim. :( I hope that there will be a surprise among the last 4, but I doubt it. I hope Ryk will be among them with "Oh Boy" because this is a song, I could support with all my heart.

You know I really like ballads but I couldn´t warm up to Ryk in 2018 already and his current song isn´t my cup of tea either. Don´t know why but something in his voice/style of singing really triggers me, and not in a good way. (n)

Mainshow

Veteran
I heavily dislike Ryk's "Oh Boy" as well.
He's got a nice voice but the chorus sounds really muddy and his overdoing his head voice falsetto at parts which sounds really whiney, imo.

I bims

Veteran
I almost forgot about Ryk, saw him on Tinder a few months ago 🙃 Oh god imagine you date a singer and they go with a song about you to Eurovision. I don't like how likely that scenario is, I've dated some musicians before 😭

"Oh Boy" is a decent song but it doesn't really grab me. Don't think it would be really appreciated internationally. The jury in the national final will love this and the Grand Final jury may give it some points... but it's more likely to be forgotten and last place again.

mauve

Veteran
If the end of the world atmosphere sets in here by Friday at the latest, then I hope that @Looren will save us from the pit of hell with his optimism.

giphy.gif

mauve

Veteran
Second Video out - could be Großstadtgeflüster!

Edit: Probably not. Rather Tränen or Tilly Electronics with a song. But so far the clues doesn't fit 100% to any song. So maybe a new song we haven't senn so far?

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
If the end of the world atmosphere sets in here by Friday at the latest, then I hope that @Looren will save us from the pit of hell with his optimism.

giphy.gif
I don't know, I'm very confident that "Ich kündige" is actually part of the selection and I love that song.
We just have to make it win. A 50:50 televote and jury split worries me a bit though.

mauve

Veteran
The clues:
a woman and a man
Neue deutsche Welle
German song
reminds of Laing and Nina Hagen
She has an extraordinary outfit and an extraordinary hairstyle; he looks melancholic, hippie-like
Text shows self-confidence and is cheeky
You can sing along
A word is beeped out several times in the reaction video - could either be the title of the song or appear very frequently in the lyrics (????)
Reminiscent of “Where are the Cats” by Kaia Tamm (Eesti Laul 2019)
Good rhythm in the background, chanting

People assume that it could also be this song:

I bims

Veteran
The clues:
a woman and a man
Neue deutsche Welle
German song
reminds of Laing and Nina Hagen
She has an extraordinary outfit and an extraordinary hairstyle; he looks melancholic, hippie-like
Text shows self-confidence and is cheeky
You can sing along
A word is beeped out several times in the reaction video - could either be the title of the song or appear very frequently in the lyrics (????)
Reminiscent of “Where are the Cats” by Kaia Tamm (Eesti Laul 2019)
Good rhythm in the background, chanting

People assume that it could also be this song:

Yeah I think it's them. The hints don't fit Großstadtgeflüster at all.
... but the song is boring as shit.

Looren

Veteran

As one of my friends always tells me : "we're going to hell anyway, so let's go there laughing" :mrgreen:

rasmuslights

Veteran

could also be this song. TBH I really like both of the songs.

Why not it's in German, it's authentic, it's groovy, it's nostalgic.

Why do people want a gimmick all the time?

It's not like a gimmick is a criterium to do well.

Storm

I'm sorry but who listens to the Tränen song and thinks of that hideous Wo sind die Katzen thing from Estonia? 😅 must be some sort of gimmick song no? I think it could be Großstadtgeflüster...

mauve

Veteran
Great point in social media. If you look at the clip on eurovision.de, you can see the flap at the beginning (not yesterday in the video!) - just like in the video of GSGF. Clue or coincidence?

Storm

The word that's being beeped out is 'Katze' so probably not Großstadtgeflüster after all lol.

lasse braun

very good deep lyrics.
this song is of course not in the game but it shows the quality of the band. xqueenbitch

Top Bottom