6 3.4%

7 4.0%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

ayzelto

I just hope France becomes more risky from now on because this song is not it. I don’t know why an artist like Slimane decided to go with such a song (he has some other better ones). French music industry is huge and full of variety.

I don’t think this is going to do badly, maybe mid-table. But is this enough?

mauve

Veteran
I also like most of the past French entries, bit I can't get warm with Slimane. As mentioned above, I wish that France will be more risky and send something that is not expected from them. Maybe next year?

Juliette

As someone who can't stand French rap (maybe I haven't heard enough of it, I simply loathe the genre in general), I'm perfectly content with this song. :)

ESC94

Listened to the song again and have to upgrade it from :7: to :8:, it´s still not my top favourite but a very nice ballad and I have to admit that I really LOVE his voice. xmusic

The more songs are revealed the more I think this could be a dark horse, it´s going to be a year with almost no ballads and many faster and "fun" songs, this could really stand out and get more televote points than I originally expected.

DirtyFalcon

Mon Amour will get a revamp with more ethnics sounds. This account on X confirmed it and he's reliable. I follow him since quite some time now and he seems to have some contacts with the french delegation because he announced reliable information many times already :

What do you think of this ? Do you think it could be a good idea ? I imagine adding violin, strings, stuff that would make the melody less simplistic and more epic (but epic without killing the emotion). I personnally believe we don't have so much to lose. With what Belgium released, a successful revamp that makes the song more special and more competitive would be a welcomed addition.

Jupiter

Listened to the song again and have to upgrade it from :7: to :8:, it´s still not my top favourite but a very nice ballad and I have to admit that I really LOVE his voice. xmusic

The more songs are revealed the more I think this could be a dark horse, it´s going to be a year with almost no ballads and many faster and "fun" songs, this could really stand out and get more televote points than I originally expected.

I'm starting to think so too. At first I thought it was a sure lower top 10 but nothing more, but the way this year is going, he's just... relatively competition less (with those who could have been in a similar vein, like St. Pedro & Ryk, not making it to ESC). There's Dons and now Mustii, but Mustii is still more dance/dark atmosphere appeal even if it's a ballad. Slimane might actually win on Jury appeal alone, or at least be top 3 - and I'm saying that as someone who doesn't even like the song at all X.x

Iker

Veteran
I'd also really like some french rap or PLEASE french indie music. France is full of good music, honestly.

Or an indie band as well.

Like what France has been sending is good but they do need a change.
I love for instance Frànçois & the Atlas Mountains from French indie/indietronica. But France rather repeats some safe entries that are sometimes good and sometimes bit subpar for the most part.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The song's an empty vessel but his live in Dora was really good. He ate that.

Not sure if I'll bump him up or not tho. I am also not sure if he does better than 15th regardless. The problem remains the same.

He's yelling at a microphone.

Last edited:

Neely

I'd already heard his new take on some of his concert performances on You Tube but thought I'd wait until the promo season is in full swing to see if it was just him playing around or the likely ESC version.

France is still my favourite this year but have to be honest I'll be a bit miffed if we've now permanently lost two lines from the song as it was his vocal tenderness during that whole middle eight which really struck me on first listen and now it's abruptly curtailed. Bah.

Of course it's not as if anyone has taken the original version away from me to listen to and it's probably entirely Slimane's choice to give us a wow vocal moment for the contest but I nevertheless still feel inclined to blame those certain type of fans who have a bloody obsession with expecting revamps which 'beef up' the final chorus. It's Alcohol You all over again.

ayzelto

He can sing very well, we knew that before. The song, though, is not there, with or without revamp. He could do well thanks to the jury vote but with half of the songs released already, I really doubt he’ll be fighting for the victory with this song.

Bobjan FR

From what i saw tonight, i would Say : keep it like this to malmö, exactly the same performance !

Jupiter

Well... that acapella part at Dora was a real wow moment for me. The song itself is still very much "not it" for me, but his vocals are great and if he delivers that to full potential, then right now he's still my Jury winner among the released Songs. And with so many televote appeal Songs probably splitting points, he'll be very competitive in May IMO. Especially if we don't get more ballads, because he might even get a good televote score due to filling that quota the best for the ballad fans.

Top Bottom