Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Gitte

I get that impression too. When was the last time and also what was the smallest difference? 2018 was quite close.
2019 had a difference of 16.
iqv4yjg.png

Ezio

Veteran
Your hands are gorgeous

hendkmusic

Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.
Listen to Lullaby versions of eurovision songs of all times:

Chorizo

That human countdown was amazing. Best countdown ever.
All those zeros from the audience and the reaction by the artists were just hilarious. Eurovision hasn't been that funny since Petra hosted. :ROFLMAO:
A great and entertaining show!

Teaisloveable

WHAT A FUCKING NIGHT

I'm not surprised by the top 10, so happy for so many of the countries
Sad for San Marino, they did deserve more.
Also, the UK did not deserve a double 0, but MAYBE they suffered the 11th-20th place, where get no votes.

I still do love the new Jury, then televote announcement system... ThE TENSION IS REAL

A-lister

Veteran
Wow, really exciting final! Juries being pretty predictable as usual (*yawn*), but can we at least appreciate that almost the full top. 5 were sung in native languages? I think this hasn't happened since the language rule was abolished!

Although, the juries are still showcasing way too conservative taste... oh well... in the end of the day Italy won and Ukraine ended top. 5, which together with Russia, were the most progressive and daring entries this year! xclap

Lance Esgard

Why is there this epidemic of shouting out to the audience during songs this year? Even worse it's extending the usual presenter's fault of only addressing 'Europe', when contestants aren't just European and the audience for the show is worldwide.
I did notice this was the first time since Australia joined that nobody really called out to Australia (I think one of the jury spokespeople did though).

Sammy

Veteran
My personal highlights:
Top 3 and 4 out of the top 5 in their native language
A winner with a genre that was never close to win so far (NO! Lordi is NOT the same genre! Not even near!)
Even if there are exceptions to the rule, originality and authenticity prevailed over manufactured, tailor-made and constructed pastiche-entries (that doesn't mean, that I can't appreciate the latter ones)
The new voting system has given us one of the most exciting evenings for years.
The diversity of this edition was stunning!
The interval acts (especially in the semis)

Sammy

Veteran
My personal low-points:
- Carola turning the announcement of the points into a narcissistic self glorifying cringe-fest
- My TV that turned itself off after the very words: "And the public awards France with..." (no joking - I swear! I think I woke up all my neighbors. :ROFLMAO:)
- Having 4(!) countries with no points in the televote: that was cruel!
- Looking at Destiny's face when she got her televote results - poor girl. I honestly think they should wait a few seconds before they show their faces: joy will remain but the disappointed artist is less exposed)

ESC94

My personal low-points:
- Carola turning the announcement of the points into a narcissistic self glorifying cringe-fest
- My TV that turned itself off after the very words: "And the public awards France with..." (no joking - I swear! I think I woke up all my neighbors. :ROFLMAO:)
- Having 4(!) countries with no points in the televote: that was cruel!
- Looking at Destiny's face when she got her televote results - poor girl. I honestly think they should wait a few seconds before they show their faces: joy will remain but the disappointed artist is less exposed)

Thank god I wasn´t the only one who cringed soo hard during Carolas announcement. I was just like: STFU and give your :12:!!:mad: IOTAP

Loindici

Veteran
Thank god I wasn´t the only one who cringed soo hard during Carolas announcement. I was just like: STFU and give your :12:!!:mad: IOTAP

Swedish people trying to take the spotlight, year by year. What's new? :lol:

Top Bottom