Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

crashworld

Veteran
To be honest, I think this is one of the rare years where the juries and public are more or so in line with their rankings.
The ones at the top took away most of the points.

And to say the juries don't recognize rock and quirky songs, Italy/Iceland/Russia/Ukraine landed in the top 10. In fact, only 2 commercial pop songs got in top 10 and that's Malta and Greece.

Frankly speaking, not my favourite year in terms of results, all my favourites "flopped" except Greece (but even that I don't think it deserves the top 10 position as the staging and the overall performance ruined it for me).
I strongly believe Moldova's scores are rigged, easily one of the worst of the night and the season.
San Marino is most robbed. How on earth did it do so poorly in the televoting is beyond me.
United Kingdom DOES NOT deserve the 2 zeros.
And I feel bad for Spain, Germany and The Netherlands for the zeros (but that were somehow expected to bomb but not to that extent).
It's poor taste that they shown the artists who did poorly with the televotes.

Anyway, I am looking forward to next Friday and Saturday's 'live-on-tape' performances.

Last edited:

Funix

Eurovision was nearly destroyed by the on-tape choir in my home - none thinks the contest was authentic this year other than the few entries that was doing it all-live.

Preuss

The low scores of the lower top ten though... this was 2017 level all over again

Loindici

Veteran
I am curious what the combo of native languages in the top 5 + rock in the top 5 + dramatic ballads in the top 5 will do for the 'style' of entries in coming years.

According to the order you typed, we might possibly see 2018 + 2007 ( but with less trolling please) + 2014, which might result in 2009 but with higher quality

Ezio

Veteran
The juries are full of Eurovision alumni. I think they should rather be full of unaffiliated experts.

Gitte

According to the order you typed, we might possibly see 2018 + 2007 ( but with less trolling please) + 2014, which might result in 2009 but with higher quality
I didn't consciously watch it (I was JESC age) but I heard 2009 was a good year so not bad I think.

Loindici

Veteran
I don´t know what you mean. xblush *cough*Mans Zelmerlöw*cough*

Seriously, I really don´t wanna see him next year.

Maybe we should start a change.org for that :lol:

Loindici

Veteran
The juries are full of Eurovision alumni. I think they should rather be full of unaffiliated experts.

Any place to see the juror list??

crashworld

Veteran
Today's Spotify Viral Top 50 Global Chart:

4. Ukraine
9. Cyprus
10. Azerbaijan
11. Switzerland
13. Malta
19. Lithuania
22. Russia
24. Finland
42. Israel
46. France
49. Iceland

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
Thank god I wasn´t the only one who cringed soo hard during Carolas announcement. I was just like: STFU and give your :12:!!:mad: IOTAP
She was like a primary teacher who speaks slowly and makes pauses before the „important facts“ to make sure everyone takes down their notes before the test. „where i debuted with (pause! anyone knows? you should know this!) - främ-ling (did you write this down?!?)“

Last edited:

Storm

The new voting system has given us one of the most exciting evenings for years.
The result would have been super close with any system though! I think with the traditional combined voting system (and the algorithm), the final country, maybe even the final 12 points, could've decided the outcome! That's how close it actually was between France and Italy (only 25 points difference).

The new system of course has its advantages because you guarantee that there's never a very boring Euphoria/Fairytale like sweep. But it's also always the same tension, no matter if it's actually close or not, sometimes fake tension as well (like last time when Arcade was the obvious winner once it got past Soldi and we still had to stare in John Lundvik's face for three hours xD)

Loindici

Veteran

jatojo

Has anyone found out which country was robbed the most by the juries? My guess is Denmark.

I'm of course looking at the relative difference between televoting and jury voting here. Denmark got 80 in the televote and only 9 from the juries.

Top Bottom