Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

DenizESC

Banned
I think it's kind of sad that almost all of the women's outfits are either black, white or silver. They look gorgeous, but all the same!! I miss the colorful flowery girly dresses, but well... that's fashion
FACT most contestants outfits were so beige tbh, tbh the entire contest kinda was ngl but not going there jnksfdnjkfsd

its not in fashion to be beige tho idk what they doing

DenizESC

Banned
So apparently republicans were right, covid vaccine DOES change your dna :oops:
sisssssss jnbfsdjnkfsdkjfsdjkn

I'm disappointed in you though, you haven't known me at all after all :( who would wait for a vaccine, I had the original full recipe COVID in december during my birthday week (almost died btw njkfdsnjkfdnjkdsf)

Grinch

sisssssss jnbfsdjnkfsdkjfsdjkn

I'm disappointed in you though, you haven't known me at all after all :( who would wait for a vaccine, I had the original full recipe COVID in december during my birthday week (almost died btw njkfdsnjkfdnjkdsf)
You're serious??? OMG I'm happy you didn't die sis xheart xheart xrunhug (didn't know what else to say :D )
Even you like that ballad, Switzerland's going to win it seems xcry at least the guy seems nice...

DenizESC

Banned
You're serious??? OMG I'm happy you didn't die sis xheart xheart xrunhug (didn't know what else to say :D )
Even you like that ballad, Switzerland's going to win it seems xcry at least the guy seems nice...
Thank uuuu xheart Yea sis I'm exaggerating a little as per usual :ROFLMAO: but for real it was really really really bad like nothing I've ever witnissed for sure. Stay stafe!!! Get vaccinated etc x xheart

We can still make Serbia win :fingerscrossed: I won't vote him for moral reasons xgoddessballad oylamicaz herhalde o kadar da düşmedik xheat

Loindici

Veteran
Grand Final Remarks
What are the things to look forward to in the Grand Final?

🇨🇾 the opening to a Satanic ritual
🇦🇱 the Albanian language and that amazing smoke show
🇮🇱 Eden's whistle notes and hairy dress
🇧🇪 the legendary band Hooverphonic will perform
🇷🇺 Russian language and, literally, a ritual on stage
🇲🇹 Destiny's impeccable vocals and sassiness
🇵🇹 Portugal in English language and all the nostalgia
🇷🇸 HURRICANE IS ON EUROVISION! and the energetic choreo
🇬🇧 The big trumpets and finally, a UK radio bop
🇬🇷 The green screen dance in action
🇨🇭 The vocals, the French language, and Interpretive dance by Gjon T
🇮🇸 The quirky dance of Gagnamagnid
🇪🇸 Blas' high note and the CGI moon
🇲🇩 Natalia's sexy energy and 'gimme some sugar!'
🇩🇪 Jendrik's self-directed musical
🇫🇮 Blind Channel doing Blind Channel things
🇧🇬 A dream in a Eurovision stage
🇱🇹 The Discoteque dance and kookiness
🇺🇦 Ukrainian language and another spiritual ritual on stage
🇫🇷 The show-stopping simplicity and the vocals!
🇦🇿 The dance in the bridge and Queen Efendi
🇳🇴 TIX's whole dramatic ensemble!
🇳🇱 All the Surinamese flair (?) and 'Yu No Man Broko Mi'
🇮🇹 MANESKIN! and the overloads of pyro
🇸🇪 Tusse's stage presence and the polished performance
🇸🇲 All the freakiness served by Queen Senhit

Elina UA

I'm really happy how this year turned out. Everything is uncertain.
Swiss & Icelanders cuties are singing back to each other. France's gonna take all the jury votes from Ukraine, while the televoters gonna recover from The Rave during Barbara's performance. Switzerland & France share French auditory, while Finland & Italy share rock lovers. Everyone's so balanced. Not to mention i love all of them. And this ESC is up to beat every record in TV history.
It's gonna be a big drama on Saturday (the biggest in the Italian thread, of course, no matter what the outcome ☠️), and i'm here for it.

Betwixt Tales

On the other hand, a lot more people will be vaccinated by then, including most of the athletes. I believe it could turn out fine.
The Yankees (baseball) have all been vaccinated, and the virus is spreading among their players.
Just because you've been vaccinated, doesn't guarantee you won't get a different version of the virus as it keeps mutating.

HayashiM

Veteran
The Yankees (baseball) have all been vaccinated, and the virus is spreading among their players.
Just because you've been vaccinated, doesn't guarantee you won't get a different version of the virus as it keeps mutating.
Sure, but more people getting vaccinated = less room for those new mutations. I mean the vaccination won't completely solve the issue, but it will reduce it a lot (both for the pandemic in general and these large attendance events).

0scar

The thing with vaccination is that is does not necessarily prevents from getting infected, but it prevents you from getting sick because of the infection. So even if you are vaccinated, you'd be infected with the coronavirus, but you won't become ill and (indications are that) spreading of the disease is hindered.

crashworld

Veteran

After watching the Grand Final running order recap, I feel fatigue towards the end of the show (think starting from Lithuania onwards). Too little ballads and mid-tempos made it the cut and balanced out the songs. I wonder if the viewers will feel the same especially watching everything.

A-lister

Veteran

After watching the Grand Final running order recap, I feel fatigue towards the end of the show (think starting from Lithuania onwards). Too little ballads and mid-tempos made it the cut and balanced out the songs. I wonder if the viewers will feel the same especially watching everything.

I feel the opposite, for many years we basically had balladvision, finally there is some life in this!

midnightsun

Veteran

I agree here. But not because of the style of the songs (I predicted there would be less ballads this year because Corona is depressing enough and people want fun). It is because they put a lot of filler songs at the beginning and by the end, when all the favourites are due, half the audience is probably tired or bored.

Gitte

Really, mediocre??
A lot of 'yeah, that's a song' + 'Ok...If it was all of this, I would agree with people calling it a circus' and only a couple ( ~ 7, while usually at least the whole top 10 should be pretty great) of 'oh yeah that's good' with nothing particularly jumping out as WOAH WINNER, if anything Switzerland or France.

Top Bottom