Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Ezio

Veteran

FilipFromSweden

They are all mingling too much, and btw. Rotterdam is one of the hot spots of Covid19 in all of Europe. Theoretically, all the hosts must now be quarantined.
oh my god I didn't think about that, they stood right next to Duncan this Tuesday

Ezio

Veteran
oh my god I didn't think about that, they stood right next to Duncan this Tuesday
In this case, the Rotterdam experiment failed and with it a summer of events.

Imagine, Tokyo, when usually in the Olympic village tens of thousands of condoms get used. Athletes from conservative countries are usually their best lives at the Olympics. I think another cancellation is likely.

Ezio

Veteran
0.0001% that its enough to get covid from him, its not that easy otherwise everyone would have it by now

Cant wait Saturday when it will be over, before it too many stress show can be ruined
No one says the hosts are positive, but as a precautionary measure, entire delegations already HAD to quarantine.

Well, at least we have back up videos and the hosts could host with more distance or remotely with voice overlay.

In Germany, they thought that they could manage Covid19 at the Germany's Next Topmodel, but ultimately 9 of the Top 10 contestants were tested positive, which was swept under the rug by the broadcaster, but made news anyway.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
No one says the hosts are positive, but as a precautionary measure, entire delegations already HAD to quarantine.

Well, at least we have back up videos and the hosts could host with more distance or remotely with voice overlay.

In Germany, they thought that they could manage Covid19 at the Germany's Next Topmodel, but ultimately 9 of the Top 10 contestants were tested positive, which was swept under the rug by the broadcaster, but made news anyway.
İ have checked photos from sf1, hosts were staying with social distance from each other and singers.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow that's surprising. I wonder where it's coming from because they've all been testing so regularly. I figured he was tested before and got a negative and the others have but something somewhere has gone wrong.

Betwixt Tales

The fact that even with all the safety procedures and testing and whatever else they have in place, the virus still manages to spread among the participants, proves it's still too early to have events with lots of people gathered. Let's just cross our fingers for the next few days.

Japan must be out of their mind if they intend to host The Olympic Games still. It's an event of a much bigger scale than the ESC where they can't avoid close contact between the athletes.

popavapeur

Predictions about SF1 televote :

1 Ukraine (pretty sure about it and I can see a case like Norway 2019 with like more than 20pts ahead from the second, pretty low with the juries like 7th to 10th)
2 Malta (probably 2nd or 3rd too with the juries)
3 Lithuania (Maybe the jury winner but not so sure about it don't quote on me about it)
4 Sweden (top 5 with both jury and televote)
5 Norway (probably out of the top10 with juries or low in the top 10)
6 Cyprus (I think she did better with juries)
7 Israel (low with both but enough to qualify)
8 Azerbaijan (I think juries ate it up, top 5 is probably likely with them)
9 Belgium (I can see it top 3 with juries and like top 5 overall)
10 Russia (I think Juries rewarded this entry too)

I believe the top 10 televote is actually the 10 qualifiers, maybe not with that order.

Lance Esgard

The fact that even with all the safety procedures and testing and whatever else they have in place, the virus still manages to spread among the participants, proves it's still too early to have events with lots of people gathered. Let's just cross our fingers for the next few days.

Japan must be out of their mind if they intend to host The Olympic Games still. It's an event of a much bigger scale than the ESC where they can't avoid close contact between the athletes.
The Japanese population agrees with you. A recent poll found over 80% oppose holding the Olympics there.

Lance Esgard

I know. Sadly it's not up to them whether it will be stopped or not. :(
To which I say, kudos to the EBU, The Netherlands, the host broadcaster and yes, even MoroccanOil as the major corporate sponsor, for having shown and continuing to show such regard for public health. That isn't without financial burden (especially cancelling last year).

Betwixt Tales

To which I say, kudos to the EBU, The Netherlands, the host broadcaster and yes, even MoroccanOil as the major corporate sponsor, for having shown and continuing to show such regard for public health. That isn't without financial burden (especially cancelling last year).
Very true. At least in an ordinary year, the host country gets the benefit of tourism and the money that brings in. This year... not so much.

A-lister

Veteran
This is why from now on, I've decided to take the press comments with a pinch of salt especially they themselves are mostly fans like us. The way they keep harping on how great the staging for some of their favourites and then when you watch the performance, they are just alright (ie Cyprus, Croatia).

Yeah the press centre is made up alot by fans so it's an extended arm of forums like these basically :lol:

What the general public out there think might be a different picture, especially since most people tuning in aren't hardcore fans but more casual viewers who haven't heard any of the entries before and are impacted more by the stage delivery of the show.

Betwixt Tales

Hey, @Sean I just read the article about Fyr og Flamme. Minor error. Jesper is born ON Ærø as it's an island, not 'in'.
(Ø is the Danish word for island. Ær-ø)

Last edited:
Top Bottom