Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
Are we going to have a Serbia & Montenegro 2006 situation later tonight or will Dutch voters have to go through the Rest of the World vote?

aef

Poor Martin looked really stressed out in the jury show. All the booing when he was speaking before the fake jury voting, the crowd went totally mad hahaha. He wasn’t even able to say his sentence correctly. He said something like „the points are good to go.“ Not „Petra you’re good to go“ :(

Sammy

Veteran
The worst part about all of this is the fact that there are so many people saying “Justice for Joost”. But what if he REALLY did something utterly disgusting to someone? Just because there is so much anger in this years competition due to Israel’s participation that doesn’t give someone the right to be a rude as***le.
Well, in their position, I‘d be cautious. Justice could ultimately mean conviction…

Last edited:

Ted Talks

Police investigating murder or what? It actually concerns whole country, I’m sure if it was your country you would want to know immediately what’s going on.
Of course I’d like to know but I would respect the fact there is an active police investigation. Therefore we cannot know.

If Joost is charged with anything, we’ll know basic details then and if it went to court, more would be available then.

For now what we know is absolutely all we should know.

ESC94

Poor Martin looked really stressed out in the jury show. All the booing when he was speaking before the fake jury voting, the crowd went totally mad hahaha. He wasn’t even able to say his sentence correctly. He said something like „the points are good to go.“ Not „Petra you’re good to go“ :(

After this year the sentence should be: "Martin, be so good and go!!"

aef

I am simply speechless. This has been an awful year for Eurofans. I am so sorry to Joost and the Netherlands for what has happened!
Yeah well talking about being sorry for Joost, we still don’t know what happened so let’s wait for facts. For his team and his fans it’s a huge disappointment either way, that’s clear.

soulm8

Yeah well talking about being sorry for Joost, we still don’t know what happened so let’s wit for facts. For his team and his fans is a huge disappointment either way, that’s clear.
It’s a great way to move the topic in other direction, EBU knows what they are doing.

Rocket man

There’s no denying that the media attention across Europe over this years Eurovision is bigger than ever. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Alcatraz

Are we going to have a Serbia & Montenegro 2006 situation later tonight or will Dutch voters have to go through the Rest of the World vote?
The Netherlands are still part of the EBU, so in my opinion it is logical that they vote as the Netherlands, and not as part of the rest of the world.

Toposcoupe

The atmosphere in the venue will be lovely tonight.

For the first time since 2007 I won't be watching Eurovision tonight. The fun in this year's final is completely gone, I don't believe I will be able to get anything positive out of it anymore. But maybe I'll vote tonight after all just for the sake of the contest's future.

For Croatia, because this country is considered to have the best chance of winning the festival and it is a non-controversial winner. A return to an "Eastern European" country would be good for the contest, I believe.

For Greece, simply because it's my favourite. Everything about this entry oozes coolness, it's original aad I love how she brings it with this natural nonchalance.

For Armenia, which, unlike Israel, shows character and resilience and does not hide in victimhood, by licking its wounds after a turbulent year and coming to Malmö with a cheerful, non-political song.

For Luxembourg, as the last remaining country from the Benelux in the final and as a middle finger to the flaring anti-Semitism sd the performing artist has also had to deal with it, while Tali has nothing to do with the violence in the Middle East.

As for people from the Israeli delegation and Israeli journalists, I hope that measures will still be taken against some who are acting insufferably and extremely unprofessionally and are unnecessarily increasing tensions. These people are not a nice calling card for the country, or for the Eurovision Song Contest as a whole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom