Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

soulm8

Finally, that soap opera is over! Can we finally concentrate on the final? ;)
No, it’s a contest full with… what the dogs out for.

SilentDawn

interestingly enough the estonian delegation spoke w dutch reporters earlier stating that it was too early to tell whether or not theyd withdraw if he'd not be allowed to perform. thats a vague answer if ive heard one

Storm

Well, I hope :nl: withdraws from the 2025 contest.
Dutch media involved in Eurovision and the AVROTROS find this decision disproportionate and they are in shock. I don't believe they would say that if the incident was that serious.

Fuck this man gosh I'm honestly heartbroken.

Of course you do, its a shock reaction.

At the same time, lets not act as if disqualifications of artists is common behavior. If the police is involved, there might be only so much they can do and the fact that they waited this late shows they probably didnt want to do this either.

Toposcoupe

Dutch Eurovision commentator (AVROTROS) Cornald Maas:

"And one more thing: the Joost incident has nothing to do with Israel or the Israeli delegation. Incident hardly amounts to anything. More about that later. It is, among other things, 'hell' for connector Joost Klein & his team."

Last edited:

soulm8

Loving the hate the contest is getting. Finally living to the words of many that Eurovision turned from a song contest to a political circus. It really did! Shame!

Betwixt Tales

This year's contest is a complete disaster.
I was kind of hoping that, with this unfortunate outcome for the Netherlands, the artist that came in at 11th place in the 2nd semi-final would take their place instead.

Realest

I was kind of hoping that, with this unfortunate outcome for the Netherlands, the artist that came in at 11th place in the 2nd semi-final would take their place instead.

Who ever came 11th probably already booked the flight home.

Wynnter

Unfortunately it's simply too late for that since the jury results have been given now.

soulm8

Where was the disqualification confirmed?
Nowhere in their social media. It’s not that important even, not as important as some relevant games they post!

Teaisloveable

"We have taken note of the disqualification by the EBU. AVRATROS find the disqualification disproportionate and is shocked by the decision. We deeply regret this and will come back later"

For all we say about the EBU, I'm sure they would not make this decision lightly, something must have gone down which is serious enough to warrant such a huge reaction on the day of the final. I'm sure the details will come out in the coming weeks, long after tonight.

It would however be an absolute tragedy if it resulted in the withdrawal of The Netherlands.

As nice as it would be to see a the 11th place semifinal act placed into the final, logistically it's probably a nightmare, and I'd fear they would see a huge backlash by certain fans for "taking Joost's space"

randajad

Super Moderator
Staff member
disgusted and disappointed, but not surprised. ebu garbage and corrupt wbk

Betwixt Tales

Unfortunately it's simply too late for that since the jury results have been given now.
True. That's an issue - but if they only have to give votes for one song tonight, it might be possible to handle.
We'll sadly never know with things being what they are.

NeoTen

See. I told you. He hit someone, they were no witnesses. He didnt apologize they already dq'd him yesterday. Next time believe me :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

soulm8

I’m glad my country is not taking part, I would not love those 24 points we were going to give to Israel. My country turned out to love every country that invaded something.

Top Bottom