Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

GlamSIMorous

The worst part about all of this is the fact that there are so many people saying “Justice for Joost”. But what if he REALLY did something utterly disgusting to someone? Just because there is so much anger in this years competition due to Israel’s participation that doesn’t give someone the right to be a rude as***le.

Realest

//////////////////

Looren

Veteran
Let's wait for the results of the investigation but until then he's innocent until proven guilty ^^

soulm8

The worst part about all of this is the fact that there are so many people saying “Justice for Joost”. But what if he REALLY did something utterly disgusting to someone? Just because there is so much anger in this years competition due to Israel’s participation that doesn’t give someone the right to be a rude as***le.
Oh , German people are really against Netherlands. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Don't be so combative. It's unhelpful and not necessary

0scar

Gosh I can understand people who think he should be DQ if he is guilty of (physical) violence of any other criminal offense (I agree), and think he should be DQ if there is still investigation ongoing (disagree), but please

you cannot deny that this whole situation is handled TERRIBLY by the EBU. The lack of transparency, of communication, or any sign of realization of image of the contest is astonishing and something to be mad about. The way this is handled is crushing for the Dutch delegation and fans, can we just all agree on that svp? Even if his DQ is justified.

Miloutchi

If AVROTROS is that shocked about it and if Cornald says the incident is about something little, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the Netherlands withdraws from the contest.

I can’t imagine AVROTROS standing behind Joost if Joost did something terribly wrong.

aef

So true. There somehow is this very chaotic and emotional tension among the fans now and it makes me sad. Eurovision is supposed to lift people up, bringing people together and providing just a good, fun time. I mean I’m no drama queen but the past few Eurovision hours have just been a huge letdown.

As for Joost, I loved the song a lot when the studio version came out. To me he seemed like a nice guy with a good sense of humor. The :nl: staging and his non-existing live vocals have already been a disappointment though and I left the hypetrain a little bit. About the incident: We all still have absolutely no clue what really happened, we need to wait for facts, if we’ll ever get some. I truly hope so.

Afterall, very sad for :nl: delegation and fans.

soulm8

If AVROTROS is that shocked about it and if Cornald says the incident is about something little, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the Netherlands withdraws from the contest.

I can’t imagine AVROTROS standing behind Joost if Joost did something terribly wrong.
I guess some kind of argument happened. And people nowadays are like snowflakes they complain and use the card for equality for everything.

Ted Talks

Gosh I can understand people who think he should be DQ if he is guilty of (physical) violence of any other criminal offense (I agree), and think he should be DQ if there is still investigation ongoing (disagree), but please

you cannot deny that this whole situation is handled TERRIBLY by the EBU. The lack of transparency, of communication, or any sign of realization of image of the contest is astonishing and something to be mad about. The way this is handled is crushing for the Dutch delegation and fans, can we just all agree on that svp? Even if his DQ is justified.
If there is a police investigation they could not be transparent as you would hinder and hamper the investigation.

That is the way the world works.

The alleged incident may have happened on Thursday, but it may have only been reported yesterday.

GlamSIMorous

No, hell naw. It’s just a “What if” situation. If the incident was tiny and not even worth a police investigation, I’ll gladly stand up for Joost. And if that’s the freaking case and they make an elephant out of a freaking fly, Eurovision is doomed and might never be the same.

soulm8

The silence of EBU for taking out the guy who got viral with the reaction towards Israel is even more turning this into circus. And they do not want to stop any speculations, pretending everything is under control.

Ted Talks

The silence of EBU for taking out the guy who got viral with the reaction towards Israel is even more turning this into circus. And they do not want to stop any speculations, pretending everything is under control.
They cannot divulge any information if there’s a police investigation. That’s how the law works.

Are people being deliberately stupid?

soulm8

They cannot divulge any information if there’s a police investigation. That’s how the law works.

Are people being deliberately stupid?
Police investigating murder or what? It actually concerns whole country, I’m sure if it was your country you would want to know immediately what’s going on.

Journalist

We don't know know what happened we can't say if it is a good or bad decision, given your name is journalist you of all people really should wait for the facts

That's just a nick and nothing more - there isn't any connection between me and that profession.

That's my opinion and I'm really sorry for The Netherlands and their representative cause of this situation. 🇳🇱💪🏼

Top Bottom