Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Andrin

As expected, vague statement.

No description of what happened AT ALL.

Hidden behind words like incident or inappropriate behavior.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Just minutes after the Dutch flag has been brought back. What a mess.

"
Swedish police have investigated a complaint made by a female member of the production crew after an incident following his performance in Thursday night’s Semi Final. While the legal process takes its course, it would not be appropriate for him to continue in the Contest.

We would like to make it clear that, contrary to some media reports and social media speculation, this incident did not involve any other performer or delegation member.

We maintain a zero-tolerance policy towards inappropriate behaviour at our event and are committed to providing a safe and secure working environment for all staff at the Contest. In light of this, Joost Klein’s behaviour towards a team member is deemed in breach of Contest rules.
"

lolito

Hopefully, after the disqualification of the Netherlands, other countries would follow thro and leave the competition, the EBU needs replacing entirely, they haven't got a clue what they're doing this year.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
People can speculate, Twitter antisemites can continue to blame Israel for it but if the EBU are disqualify him at this late stage and the police are still investigating then it has to be something serious. That said, minor or massive violence is never the answer to tolerate. I feel sorry for the rest of the delegation being put through this, I hold much less sympathy for him

Rocket man

And to think I liked Joost at one point. Ugh. Seeing a specific group of people on social media that raved about his semi-final performance definitely opened my eyes before he got himself disqualified.

AliceEsc

Interesting to see what EBU can tolerate and what not.
We'll see, if we ever find out what happened.

EscGeek

Veteran
The thing that i didn't want to happened has happened... but if he really was violent, then i agree with the disqualification.

My signature has been changed. :fi: is my new winner.

0scar

Well, I hope :nl: withdraws from the 2025 contest.
Dutch media involved in Eurovision and the AVROTROS find this decision disproportionate and they are in shock. I don't believe they would say that if the incident was that serious.

Fuck this man gosh I'm honestly heartbroken.

Top Bottom