Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Etanna

I feel EBU is actually afraid of Netherlands performing as he was the one showing his reaction towards Israel! I can totally see him not singing, but asking the people to vote for Croatia during his performance. Therefore they need to eliminate him!
lmao why would he do that? :LOL: if he were to make a statement it'd deal directly with Israel/Palestine. But we don't know if that is what happened.

anyway I went through my non-Eurovision social media and I'm shocked to see how many people who normally don't care about Eurovision at all, or at best very little, are discussing the anti-Israeli protests. Especially the fact that Eden had to be transportated by the police convoy to the hotel & the fact that Greta is present at the protests. (But I'm Czech and Czechia is very pro-Israel so I don't know how representative it is of Europe in general). Edit: the Kaarija thing seems to be a big story as well

GermanBango

Oesterdahl is doing what Bush did during the first 24 hours after hurricane Kathrina hit New Orleans: exactly nothing.

soulm8

lmao why would he do that? :LOL: if he were to make a statement it'd deal directly with Israel/Palestine. But we don't know if that is what happened.

anyway I went through my non-Eurovision social media and I'm shocked to see how many people who normally don't care about Eurovision at all, or at best very little, are discussing the anti-Israeli protests. Especially the fact that Eden had to be transportated by the police convoy to the hotel & the fact that Greta is present at the protests. (But I'm Czech and Czechia is very pro-Israel so I don't know how representative it is of Europe in general).
Why he would that? For the same fact that everyone who is against Israel will vote for him, even the juries to stop this circus! So Croatia is getting all the fans love and the so called political vote too, hope it is enough! Bulgaria actually has a lot of history considering Jews. A lot! Even a history we are proud of, protecting innocent people, but I was talking to many of my friends, they are truly disgusted with Israel taking part in this contest.

Grinch

YjIv76W.jpeg

:sl: 19th? Jail.

aef

If the Netherlands are disqualified and Germany finishes 25th, does that still count as last place? Asking for a friend...
With :es: in the contest :de: has a realistic chance of ending second to last.

Etanna

I could see one of the qualifiers (e.g. Luxembourg) taking the last spot this year actually (or Spain, sorry Spain). When was the last time a pre-qualified country wasn't last?

GermanBango

Aftonbladet reports that the whole fuzz is caused by an alleged violent altercation with a woman from the TV production crew.
10 minutes ago it was a photographer ... I don't believe anything anymore at this point.

Storm

I could see one of the qualifiers (e.g. Luxembourg) taking the last spot this year actually (or Spain, sorry Spain). When was the last time a pre-qualified country wasn't last?
Ryan Dolan Malmö 2013

Realest

2013 :ie: I think

Top Bottom