• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
I (slo)LOVE(nia) everyone but come on, he must be trolling,

which I don't mind since irl I often troll as well haha.

Well coming from that member trolling is clearly a possibility

However I wouldn't be surprised to see people having Austria and Ireland as their favorite ESC countries or the ones they expect the most from, there's all kind of taste in nature

EscGeek

Veteran
I'm not saying that :at: and :ie: are my favorite eurovision countries, but they are among 5 countries in the last 5 years that entered my top 3 on two occasions. :cool:

Statistics is wonderful, you can phrase whatever you want, however you want it and not lie :lol:

Realest

Someone who gets 16 Points from the TV despite being 4th at Eurovision Scoreboard is officially overrated (nofront).
Has nothing to do with own Taste, Hate, Jealousy, Rivalry or whatever....
We were 22nd at the Eurovision Scoreboard, so we were only a little bit overrated.
And btw.. Germany beat Austria in 3 of the last 4 Tournaments.

nudiecrudi

Someone who gets 16 Points from the TV despite being 4th at Eurovision Scoreboard is officially overrated (nofront).
Has nothing to do with own Taste, Hate, Jealousy, Rivalry or whatever....
I don't think Austria was overated this year. Why didn't have the expected success? There are some factors that didn't help. Staging and running order mostly.
During the pre esc season we listen so many times the studio versions of the songs and the Austrian song was one of the most interesting ones and the videoclip perfectly represented it.
So it was a clear pretender for a good placing. We've had other failures this year
Spain France Slovenia GB and Czechia somehow. They all were high in the fan rankings. For some reasons the wide TV public didn't appreciate them. But we mostly did and ranked them high in our polls. That's it.

simori95

Don't know about her live capabilities or experience, she seems to be at the very start of her career, but I would be very happy if Austria sent Julia Steen with a song like this next year, i really like it. The instrumental sounds a bit underdeveloped at times though.

ESC94

Don't know about her live capabilities or experience, she seems to be at the very start of her career, but I would be very happy if Austria sent Julia Steen with a song like this next year, i really like it. The instrumental sounds a bit underdeveloped at times though.

Meh. :(

marty

This song was written by Teya btw

PolarFoxxie.

Sim

You are questioning her vocal ability and experience, instrumental sounds underdeveloped but you would be "very happy" to see her because you really like it. o_Oo_Oo_O

Zwei komplett gegenseitige aussagen in einem satz. Ajajajajajaj. I cannot with you. :lol: do people even check what nonsense they write before clicking send.

Sammy

Veteran
Zwei komplett gegenseitige aussagen in einem satz. Ajajajajajaj. I cannot with you. :lol: do people even check what nonsense they write before clicking send.
well, the word you wanted to use is „widerspüchlich“ (contrictadory) instead of „gegenseitig“ (mutual)…. just saying….:mrgreen:

simori95

Sim

You are questioning her vocal ability and experience, instrumental sounds underdeveloped but you would be "very happy" to see her because you really like it. o_Oo_Oo_O

I can still like a song despite finding the instrumental at times lacking. I can still be happy about an artist being chosen if I like their music, despite being unfamiliar with their live capabilities as of yet. I did not question her skills, I said I don’t know about them, which means I cannot judge based on them.

PolarFoxxie.

@simori junge stop making me laugh. Hahahaha Also you said "you don't know about her vocal ability" while you just linked her song in which you can clearly hear vocal range or the lack of it. The sky is green, the sky is blue, the water is dry, the water is wet. I love you simori, please post more. o_O:ROFLMAO::lol::lol: your posts are einfach most interesting.

But some Austrians aren't much different either (Marty) they would wish more someone new, inexperienced who will get them 19th place with average, bellow average radio friendly sleep lack lasting songs rather than bring back Conchita who might get them second win in modern history. I don't understand that. Do they even realise that they would be in focus during whole time. People are excited to because of Conchita rumour not some new kid in the block Julia Steen or the ones mr Marty linked. Like if it gets to be someone else instead of Austria I would be whatever. I would give Austrians average score and would cheer for others.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

Simori and Marty
This is a definition of hit. Great dinamics in melody and build up in instrumental, voice, presence, catchyness

simori95

@simori junge stop making me laugh. Hahahaha Also you said "you don't know about her vocal ability" while you just linked her song in which you can clearly hear vocal range or the lack of it. The sky is green, the sky is blue, the water is dry, the water is wet. I love you simori, please post more. o_O:ROFLMAO::lol::lol: your posts are einfach most interesting.
I literally haven’t used the word „vocal“ in either post. I specifically talked about live capabilities. But thanks for confirming to me yet again that you have no interest in productive discourse.

A-lister

Veteran

This is pretty good, I like her vocals and that vibrato...

Lindon

Live

Lindon

Crazy. Austria's biggest Eurovision hit didn't even qualify

Austrian #Eurovision songs by total Spotify Streams (12/08):

🇦🇹 Halo - 27.5M
🇦🇹 Rise Like A Phoenix - 26M
🇦🇹 Who The Hell Is Edgar? - 20M
🇦🇹 Nobody But You - 15.3M
🇦🇹 Loin d'ici - 6.4M
🇦🇹 Running On Air - 5.6M
🇦🇹 Merci Chérie - 4.8M
🇦🇹 I Am Yours - 2.8M