3 1.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

sigi

Crystal Ball prediction part 1

Loveboat (with Dominic Muhrer from the Makemakes)

VoA (like every year)

Thorsteinn Einarsson:
I know he denied it, but maybe he changed his mind ;) ;)

marty

Crystal Ball prediction part 1

Loveboat (with Dominic Muhrer from the Makemakes)

VoA (like every year)

Thorsteinn Einarsson:
I know he denied it, but maybe he changed his mind ;) ;)
Thorsteinn Einarsson could take part as a songwriter at least.

marty

I've been thinking about which musicians wouldn't depend on Marvin Dietmann's "visual ideas". They might have their own ideas.

Lou Asril

W1ZE

Oskar Haag

Or do it like BON JOUR and let ORF leave the staging to A.I.

Lindon

Supposedly talks are being held with Conchita. A comeback after exact 10 years.

0scar

Seems like a horrible idea to attempt this after Loreen won last year, I don't believe in former winners winning again 2 years back to back

Eidechse

This won't happen. ORF knows bringing Conchita back would backfire. Nothing can top Rise Like a Phoenix. The huge jury support won't be there either, Austria is not Sweden.

PolarFoxxie.

This won't happen. ORF knows bringing Conchita back would backfire. Nothing can top Rise Like a Phoenix. The huge jury support won't be there either, Austria is not Sweden.
Wow you are from Austria and you don't support your own country. Why are you so negative eidechse? Austria is not Sweden? Nor is Italy Belgium.. Wtf are you trying to say. Didn't Austria win both jury and televote in 2014. I am pretty sure that Conchita wouldn't just be interested if her song isnt level quality of rise like a phoenix or even better. These news if true would make me the happiest guy in the world. This is about Eurovision legend who I hope is inspired by loreen win.. remember guys Ireland won in late 1990s one year after another for almost every time.

"Huge jurry support won't be there". And you based your opinion on nothing but assumption. What are you even talking about. Cha ha cha finished 4th in esc 2023 in jurry with one of weakest vocals.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

Seems like a horrible idea to attempt this after Loreen won last year, I don't believe in former winners winning again 2 years back to back
You realize that ireland won almost every year in a row in late 1990s. Maybe she was inspired by loreen. They both have one of the strongest vocals. Loreen is a name and icon, Conchita is a name and icon. Loreen maybe inspired Conchita and if she can do it so can Conchita and even better. And didn't your country Netherlands give her 12 PTS in 2014. Why are some people so negative. My god.

marty

Conchita started fueling rumors about her comeback before Loreen won a second time. So she was not inspired by Loreens victory. I am not sure what she's up to. But I dont think that ORF would organise an internal selection, they would go for her right away. For me it would be ok if she would come back with something completly different (like Lena 2011).

0scar

You realize that ireland won almost every year in a row in late 1990s. Maybe she was inspired by loreen. They both have one of the strongest vocals. Loreen is a name and icon, Conchita is a name and icon. Loreen maybe inspired Conchita and if she can do it so can Conchita and even better. And didn't your country Netherlands give her 12 PTS in 2014. Why are some people so negative. My god.

Calm down I'm not saying Conchita isn't a good artist, albeit not my cup of tea, I just don't think that people are keen on seeing former winners win again just two years in a row.

My country giving her 12 points in 2014 has indeed everything to do with my post and devaluates the point I try to ventilate

PolarFoxxie.

And who are you please to talk in the name of all the fans? Who named you president or representative of fans and people??? @0scar

In 1990s same country won almost every year. And tbh I think it will be easie for Conchita this time than first time especially if the song is good. I mean it doesn't look even have to be extraordinary. When I remember Sam Ryder finishing second, Babushka with party for everyone finishing second and kaarja with chacha finishing second, this contest isn't that good quality it used to be. But I'm sure she would have amazing song. But those are just rumours, I hope they are true. But for now it's just rumour.

So I hope I will see less comments, negativity and bitterness here.

marty

And who are you please to talk in the name of all the fans? Who named you president or representative of fans and people??? @0scar

In 1990s same country won almost every year. And tbh I think it will be easie for Conchita this time than first time especially if the song is good. I mean it doesn't look even have to be extraordinary. When I remember Sam Ryder finishing second, Babushka with party for everyone finishing second and kaarja with chacha finishing second, this contest isn't that good quality it used to be. But I'm sure she would have amazing song. But those are just rumours, I hope they are true. But for now it's just rumour.

So I hope I will see less comments, negativity and bitterness here.
I like your last sentence. xcheers

0scar

Gosh I said "I think" which is an indicator that my post encompasses my own opinion, not stating it like a fact or speaking for all Eurovision fans. No negativity and bitterness in my post as well, I even called Conchita a good artist?

Quite rich to ask for less negativity and bitterness from others when you name several songs and then add "this contest isn't that good quality", guess it only counts when it matches your own opinion right?

I'm done, good luck Conchita if she is to enter Eurovision in 2024, wish her luck and if her song is the best she should win

PolarFoxxie.

Agree with everything except 2023 and 2022 were amazing contests and everyone wanted to win. Did let3 with mama SC really wanted to win. Did Latvia alija really wanted to win. Did Slovenian disco boy band really wanted to win and many many more from 2023 but also from 2022.

shameless

2022 and 2023 were NOT THAT GREAT of contests. There were so many songs that left something to desire and in both years a lot of people where underwhelmed with the winner naming other reasons than the quality of the song for its triumph. It's interesting how people already rewrite history. :D
I don't know how much about these rumours are legit and what Conchita (What is their pronoun right now BTW? I think it changed over the year) just spreading around to get focus on them. I always think coming back is a risky choice for a winner, especially when you were a true underdog the first time. If they will start again they would a) not have that, b) likewise having a much different style both aesthetically and music wise than with their winning song and c) would return the year after Loreen got a much-discussed win as another returning-winner.
I don't think it would be a good idea. The sticks are too high for an underwhelming result and frankly, I think it would backfire. Most people don't remember that Dana International represented Israel in the 2010s but everyone remembers her winning moment so I guess if she would flop it wouldn't have an impact on her legacy though.

Top Bottom