3 1.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

OMG, Kaleen's Grandma composed this hit
I want a Techno - Bring me Edelweiss - Global Kryner infused song from :at: one day at Eurovision

Lindon

Religion doesn't cross my mind when I think of Austria. The first thing that I think of is music, like this classic below.

Regarding Kaleen, I think that it will be interesting to see how her 1990s-style dance song will do in ESC 2024.
Well, for several centuries the emperors of Austria were also the emperors of the Holy Roman Empire.

gingerale

Sorry for my young age but may I ask if the original 90s rave actually had a lot of Eurodance music? It was mainly techno like in today‘s version of a rave, right?

There was an overlap in genres but "We will rave" is totally eurodance inspired. If it really would be 90s Rave it would be a lot faster, lesser instrument layers and especially just one repetitive vocal part. This song is clearly a pop song.

(But everything is also called a rave nowadays. Even your aunt's garden party. Rave culture in the 90s till early 00''s was completely different. That culture has long gone. The Loveparade tragedy in Duisburg was the final nail in the coffin.)

aef

There was an overlap in genres but "We will rave" is totally eurodance inspired. If it really would be 90s Rave it would be a lot faster, lesser instrument layers and especially just one repetitive vocal part. This song is clearly a pop song.

(But everything is also called a rave nowadays. Even your aunt's garden party. Rave culture in the 90s till early 00''s was completely different. That culture has long gone. The Loveparade tragedy in Duisburg was the final nail in the coffin.)
My question was about the kind of music they mainly had at the original raves in the 90s. I think it was techno, just as it is today at raves. Eurodance isn’t typical rave music for me. Therefore „We will rave“ doesn’t make that much sense to me as it aims to be a rave song but with Eurodance music…

I mean I guess I shouldn’t analyze the song too much anyway hahaha. It’s not a very elaborate song with deep meaning.

Lindon

We will find a deep meaning if we search hard enough xrofl

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
My question was about the kind of music they mainly had at the original raves in the 90s. I think it was techno, just as it is today at raves. Eurodance isn’t typical rave music for me. Therefore „We will rave“ doesn’t make that much sense to me as it aims to be a rave song but with Eurodance music…

I mean I guess I shouldn’t analyze the song too much anyway hahaha. It’s not a very elaborate song with deep meaning.
hmmm I dont know as far as European rave/clubbing goes but I wouldn't be surprised if it was to Japan's club scene that featured eurodance songs but those leaning more to techno (say, 2 Unlimited or Cappella). Imperio (a group from Austria) had one of the sort:

Don't know how popular it was in Austria though :p

Lighthouse

Someone needs to change their password

Lindon

Someone needs to change their password
Someone? Marvin!
But it sounds and looks good. In great condition, that girl.

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I still think that the tone of her voice (and her sounding quite nasal) is the biggest issue and I'm really surprised the committee chose her to represent Austria ("Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe" was already the start of a new Austrian era of bops) but overall, she's pretty decent - the video was great and I can't at Marvin's screen xD
:at: you served us a fantastic bop!

ORF should just release the song at this point and maybe release some lyric video to generate some positive vibes and hype after all these leaks.
What's the point of waiting for another 2 months to release a song the Eurovision world has already heard?

Lindon

We never had something like this, that's for sure. Wow. She can dance. In the lower parts of the song i like her voice. Her speaking voice also has this Michelle-sound. Not my cup of tea. But the song and the dancing....i love this shit.

ORF, die Milch ist verschüttet. Released den Song.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
The televote potential of this is immense. It's poor quality but it seems she can carry herself while doing choreo. That said, and I guess i'm a hypocrite here because I watched it all, I do feel real bad for her that the entire thing has been leaked early. Choreo and all.

shameless

I was there in the 90s (thanks to Bravo LOL) when Rave was already used as a synonym for Eurodance (and of course it was wrong).
The rave culture is not exactly dead. I am a usual club goer to electronic parties in Berlin and it did not die with Love Parade (in fact that was in Duisburg was more the result of a sell-out).

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: aef

I bims

Veteran
What I saw was pretty cool. Not a winner but with competent staging (she can dance and all so that will likely work out) this is going to be a Top 10 placement for Austria, with chances to make it Top 3, which seems to become a common finish for female bops with good choreo.

aef

No conflict of interest here. :lol:

Oh please why do pepole leak everything now, it’s just disrespectful.

But well, talking about this choreo, very nice but somehow it doesn’t fit to the song yet, it feels too „random“. But maybe with some changes it could really work well.

marty

Oh please why do pepole leak everything now, it’s just disrespectful.

But well, talking about this choreo, very nice but somehow it doesn’t fit to the song yet, it feels too „random“. But maybe with some changes it could really work well.
dont forget there is just little space there. its not a proper stage.

marty

Personally, I still think that the tone of her voice (and her sounding quite nasal) is the biggest issue and I'm really surprised the committee chose her to represent Austria ("Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe" was already the start of a new Austrian era of bops) but overall, she's pretty decent - the video was great and I can't at Marvin's screen xD
:at: you served us a fantastic bop!

ORF should just release the song at this point and maybe release some lyric video to generate some positive vibes and hype after all these leaks.
What's the point of waiting for another 2 months to release a song the Eurovision world has already heard?
they still are working on the song and need to prepare the video. they cant just release it the other day.
anyway the reactions are very positive. ORF needs to talk to Switzerland and ask them how they manage to prevent leaks.

Top Bottom