3 1.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
to put things more into perspective: I do like the leaked demo more than the three entries that have been selected so far, so there is that. but I doubt it's as competitive as the Austrians hope it is.

aef

to put things more into perspective: I do like the leaked demo more than the three entries that have been selected so far, so there is that. but I doubt it's as competitive as the Austrians hope it is.
Well I don't have any illusions about top 10 or anything. I had massive hopes for Halo but then it crashed in a very stunning way, I had also high hopes for WTHIE (I loved the song from the beginning and I think it's a very clever, catchy AND somehow modern song but they've been betryed by the running order in the final) but this year I'm joining team sceptic.

I will never be convinced about the choice of the artist. From what I know about the song for now, I guess it could turn out okay enough to have some low-key success. Maybe I will find it low-key enjoyable. The thing is I don't mind a retro Eurodance/90s banger but this one feels too cheap for now. Maybe we will reach a solid qualification and then a place in the top 15 - but it's too early to speculate about that. Let's wait for the final version. Let's pray that she can covince especially with her dancing. This thime I think we won't get a lot of jury support so we need teleotving support also in the final. The competition can get quite tough with many possible NF fun/ uptempo songs...

Datura

It's like.... bog-standard 90s Belgian Techno lmfaoooo. Like, sure, it's not a bad song and it could go hard, but listen to any Milk Inc / Touch of Joy / 2Fabiola / Sylver song from the 90s and early 00s and that's basically the Austrian entry this year. I think it can get votes, but there had better not be too many televote magnets competing with it, tbh.

The train of thought must have been: "let's try again what we did at the last two Eurovisions, except this time ensure she can dance. Marvin, do you know anyone?" "Well, as a matter of fact..."
No the train of thought Was to invite a lot of different artists in various genres (newcomers and also established artists), and (still) kaleen was the most convincing package.
And yes her Performance definitely elevates the song.
And being marvins wife was something that was rather held against her

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Well I don't have any illusions about top 10 or anything. I had massive hopes for Halo but then it crashed in a very stunning way, I had also high hopes for WTHIE (I loved the song from the beginning and I think it's a very clever, catchy AND somehow modern song but they've been betryed by the running order in the final) but this year I'm joining team sceptic.

I will never be convinced about the choice of the artist. From what I know about the song for now, I guess it could turn out okay enough to have some low-key success. Maybe I will find it low-key enjoyable. The thing is I don't mind a retro Eurodance/90s banger but this one feels too cheap for now. Maybe we will reach a solid qualification and then a place in the top 15 - but it's too early to speculate about that. Let's wait for the final version. Let's pray that she can covince especially with her dancing. This thime I think we won't get a lot of jury support so we need teleotving support also in the final. The competition can get quite tough with many possible NF fun/ uptempo songs...
I never thought Halo would qualify, like putting "Pia Maria" into google yielded absolutely zero results xheart333 They did about as well as they could have done.

Edgar is one of the biggest disappointments in recent memory and I fully blame that on ORF. :) They had a televote HIT, and instead of going ham, they chose to stage it "competently" and play for jury votes, although Teyalena, two balladeers, could not sing and dance at the same time. Morons.

Austria are more likely to get jury votes with Kaleen at least, as she should be able to bluff competence, even if her song's kinda mid. (but probably good enough for a final spot)

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
I AM -quality street- NEVER BUYING THIS PRODUCT AGAIN. ZERO OUT OF TEN FOR FESTIVE CHEER *slams tin lid shut*
I can only pray that more Karen’s in their 50s+ divert their hatred toward Quality Street and their new environmentally friendly wrappers rather than Transgender people tbh

MopManMoss

Veteran
I can only pray that more Karen’s in their 50s+ divert their hatred toward Quality Street and their new environmentally friendly wrappers rather than Transgender people tbh
Is it the transgender agenda that resulted in me having no green triangles in my tin this Christmas??

Lindon

Quick summary: Austria selecting Marvin Dietmans partner with a song from a swedish songwriter.

Where is Eizo when you need him?
He already puked.

EscGeek

Veteran
I know who to vote for in the hottest esc participants thread xfaint :sneaky:

Sammy

Veteran
I knew there was „religion-thread“ in this forum. I didn‘t realize it was this one, but then again.. Austria‘s a catholic country, everything works through traumatization ((c) Christoph Waltz). No wonder we invented psychoanalysis. :mrgreen:

aef

Quick summary: Austria selecting Marvin Dietmans partner with a song from a swedish songwriter.

Where is Eizo when you need him?
He’s „done with Eurovision“ - once again.

aef

As a matter of fact the song is becoming a grower for me. I had it on almost maximum volume at home now and I can see it working decently enough. Vocal and visual presentation needs to be on point though.

The biggest surprise of this selection still is Marvin Dietmann being straight though.

Marcos C

Religion doesn't cross my mind when I think of Austria. The first thing that I think of is music, like this classic below.

Regarding Kaleen, I think that it will be interesting to see how her 1990s-style dance song will do in ESC 2024.

aef

Sorry for my young age but may I ask if the original 90s rave actually had a lot of Eurodance music? It was mainly techno like in today‘s version of a rave, right?

Lindon

OMG, Kaleen's Grandma composed this hit

Top Bottom