Contact us

🎶 MOISANTIA | Fin 🎶

theditz83

Veteran
Tack for :12: legend xlove

So we're in the final stretch now heading towards our 100th NSC entry (due in NSC 224). I'm hoping to share some of our history over the coming editions here, and hopefully you can get involved by sharing some of your Moisantia faves along with me xhug

But on to our 96th entry now, and the first of the 220s... It's a previous WLSC legend for us returning with an infectious disco banger duet with the ex-front woman of Moloko, the legend that is Róisín Murphy xheat

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 220 ::moi
Jessie Ware & Róisín Murphy - Freak Me Now
c65782cff343f677cc0f3f14614f6bb3.1000x1000x1.jpg

Lyrics:
Baby, keep heating me up
Oh, no, don't you go cool me down
Baby, keep heating me up
Baby, keep heating me up
Don't you go, cool me down
Uh-uh, freak me now!

What makes you wanna fly
Must be something 'bout tonight
That sparkle in my eye, you are a jewel baby
Ooh, baby, do what you do, baby
Come make a move baby
You know I want you

The way that he makes you wanna pack your case and leave tonight
I don't know what he does or doesn't do, but he can do it right
I don't care if it is tonight, I'll see you in the afterlife
Oh, yeah (oh, yeah)
Oh, yeah (oh, yeah)

Baby, keep heating me up
Oh, no, don't you go cool me down (don't cool me down)
Baby, keep heating me up
Oh, no, don't you go cool me down (freak me now)
Baby, keep heating me up
Don't you go cool me down
Uh-uh, freak me now!

Strike if you're hot like fire
Put it in this gasoline
Let me know if you want that oochie-coochie or that in between
Tell me if you wanna love
You wanna touch, you wanna ahh
(Fan the flame!) Fan the flame!
(Baby, what's your name?) What's my name?

Baby, keep heating me up
Baby, keep heating me up
Oh, no, don't you go cool me down (freak me now!)
Baby, keep heating me up
Uh-uh, freak me now!

I'll be your F-R-E-A-K undercover
I'll be you L-O-V-E-R like no other
Like no other, like no other
I'll be your F-R-E-A-K undercover (oh, boy)
(Yeah-yeah!)

Baby, keep heating me up
Baby, keep heating me up
Oh, no, don't you go cool me down (freak me now!)
Baby, keep heating me up
Uh-uh, freak me now!

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks for the qualification and 17th place last edition everyone!

Now for the latest installment in the recurring series of "How good is ditz at predicting NSC's taste?" As we're on our countdown to entry #100, I've been doing a deep dive back into the archives of previously considered entries that never quite got the ticket to the contest for whatever reason.

Our next entry is one of those entries - a song that I added to my potentials playlist back before I made me re-debut in NSC 150 after discovering it on a random YouTube playlist. Back then, I thought it sounded like prime NSC material, but quickly it got overshadowed by other songs in my brain and I kinda forgot about it. I was also conscious that another nation had success with the same artists back in the early 100s and therefore shied away from sending the same artist again. Over 100 editions have now passed since that victory, so hopefully it's her time to shine again.

So it's over to you guys, the judge and jury - are my instincts right in thinking this still has that winning NSC sound? Fingers crossed! xpray

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 221 ::moi
Phildel - The Wolf

theditz83

Veteran
With the next Congrats looming, it's time to review our performance across the 22nd decade...

MOISANTIA-IN-THE-22-ND-DECADE.png

211: Eini - En itke sun perään - 15th place in final (117 points)
212: KSHMR feat. Karra - The World We Left Behind - 10th place in final (113 points)
213: Durdenhauer x A$AP Rocky feat. Skepta - Praise the Lord (Da Shine) - 19th place in Semi final (51 points)
214: KEiiNO - Alt De Kan Se - 17th place in final (109 points)
215: Momo - Send Me An Angel - 24th place in Semi final (45 points)
216: Sophie and the Giants feat. Mearsy - DNA - 5th place in final (130 points)
217: Two Hearts - Eurovusion (Open Up) - 14th place in final (113 points)
218: GERD - You You You - 15th place in Semi f
inal (55 points)
219: HYRA - REM (No Sleep) - 12th place in Semi final (60 points)
220: Jessie Ware & Róisín Murphy - Freak Me Now - 17th place in final (111 points)

Not as successful as the previous decade, but still a decent number of final performances. Which was your favourite ::moi entry from this decade?

There was one clear choice for our Congrats 22 entry - it deserves another chance for sure...

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Our 222 entry is one that I've almost sent twice in the past... first time was just before I discovered Kawehi's hot little live video for my NSC 205 entry (Not Another Lame) Fight Song, which just failed to qualify for the final. And then I side-stepped it again for 218 when I sent GERD and got a 15th in the semi...

So this is hopefully third time lucky for this song, which still captivates me everytime I hear it. One of those "stop and listen to me" tracks xlove

::moi NSC 222 ENTRY ::moi
ILLENIUM with Valerie Broussard and Nurko - Sideways

Lyrics:
Head on the dashboard
I can see that your heart is breaking
I wish, wish I could fast forward
Take all of your pain and erase it

Feet on the ground, feet on the ground
Even when we're upside down
Running around
We'll never fall in now

If the world is going sideways
I know my place is here with you
When all our good nights turn to dark days
I know I'll stay next to you
When your hope's gone, can barely hold on
When your sky is running out of blue
When the world is going sideways
I'll be sideways, sideways here with you

Oh
Sideways here with you

Sideways here with you
Oh, sideways here with you
Sideways here with you

Don't disappear
You know all of your bad news won't be news to me
Echoes, all I hear
Scared of falling, not the way you used to be

Running around
We'll never fall in now

Oh
Sideways here with you

Sideways here with you
Sideways here with you
(Oh, sideways here with you)

Canuck

Our 222 entry is one that I've almost sent twice in the past... first time was just before I discovered Kawehi's hot little live video for my NSC 205 entry (Not Another Lame) Fight Song, which just failed to qualify for the final. And then I side-stepped it again for 218 when I sent GERD and got a 15th in the semi...

So this is hopefully third time lucky for this song, which still captivates me everytime I hear it. One of those "stop and listen to me" tracks xlove

::moi NSC 222 ENTRY ::moi
ILLENIUM with Valerie Broussard and Nurko - Sideways

Lyrics:
Head on the dashboard
I can see that your heart is breaking
I wish, wish I could fast forward
Take all of your pain and erase it

Running around
We'll never fall in now

Oh
Sideways here with you

Sideways here with you
Sideways here with you

Don't disappear
You know all of your bad news won't be news to me
Echoes, all I hear
Scared of falling, not the way you used to be

Running around
We'll never fall in now

Oh
Sideways here with you

Sideways here with you
Sideways here with you
(Oh, sideways here with you)
Love this song and always nice to see a former New Acadian entrant representing!

theditz83

Veteran
Let's have one more classy cut before our 100th entry...

#99 for ::moi in NSC is this remake of a classic, and I was originally thinking of sending a different popular remake from the past year by producer Wuki that simply sampled the original vocal, but then I suddenly remembered this one by an Irish artist that I've always thought had a really distinctive vocal xheat

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 223 ::moi
John Gibbons x LYRA - Edge of Seventeen

Last edited:

esc87fan

We've both come a long way, Gary. I can't wait for the two of us to celebrate our 100th entries in 224, and thank you as always for encouraging me to never give up! xrose

dogmeat

I BEG YOU, send the original song!!!
Edge of Seventeen is a legendary piece, it pains me greatly if it never gets to be in NSC...
Or just send any other LYRA song. Just don't block this, PLEASE!!! xcry

theditz83

Veteran
Didn't want to be that guy and not acknowledge the above message, but I'm pretty much damned either way in this case...

Sorry you feel aggrieved by my choice, but I won't be changing my plans. NSC has been around for well over 15 years now, and no-one has felt strongly enough to send the song in that time. This version suits my nation's overall sound better than the original, and I want it as part of my Moisantia history.

Also, even if I were to switch to the Stevie Nicks version, the song would still be "blocked" from future editions as is the case with the current covers rule. So while I understand that you clearly greatly prefer the original, if it's a case of you feeling irritated that you won't get to send the song, having me change it wouldn't resolve anything. But I also understand that irritation if you personally do prefer that version. I don't, hence my decision here.

No ill will intended, and everyone is entitled to their own subjective opinion as is the expectation with all music contests. Hopefully others enjoy the John Gibbons and LYRA version as much as me.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
We've been around (on and off) for longer than 100 editions, but NSC 224 will finally see Moisantia send their 100th entry to NSC. What a journey!

I'll be sharing some of my favourite entries here over the coming days with handy playlists for you to reminisce with me, and I'd really love to hear what your fave ::moi memories have been over the years too xheart

But first, the entry that for a long long long long time was destined to be sent as my 100th Anniversary entry, but lucky for you I decided not to choose this occasion to subject you to more Eurobeat. So enjoy this as a little pre-Anniversary appetiser...

This is not my entry, but rather my...
Countdown to 1•0•0

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
First up on our look back at our NSC history (FYI - WLSC entries aren't included in this look back), we push play on our ten favourite Dance-Pop bangers. This group is in honour of the retired legendary nations that paved the way for our Pot 1 sound, including our perennial faves Zaprya and Pigeon Island. xlove

Let me know what you think of my Top 10 choices - not gonna lie, it was insanely hard to narrow this category down, but reckon I'm happy with the choices overall! Have I missed any of your Dance-Pop faves from my history?

Moisantia Anniversary - Top Dance-Pop Playlist:
YouTube
Spotify

Dinah Nah - Taste Your Love

NSC 150 - 9th in Final
Our "re-debut" was an amazingly perfect summary of our sound and is still the entry that I spend hours listening to. That chorus drop - seriously, I doubt there will ever be a more perfect representation of the kind of Dance-Pop song that pushes all my buttons ;)

Misha B - Home Run (Kat Crazy Remix)
NSC 99 - 14th in Semi-Final
I remember at the time this one got some great feedback with a real feeling of "the one that got away" when in DNQ'd. It still slaps hard!

Conor Maynard - Animal (Wideboyz Remix)
NSC 93 - 16th in Final
Aww our first step into the world of NSC, and despite being very "of its era" with that early-mid 2010s EDM sound, I'd still rip up the floor if this one ever came on!

Kylie Minogue - Your Disco Needs You
NSC 104 - 25th in Final
"Spinning Around" and "On A Night Like This" with have grabbed the chart plaudits, but true Kylie fans knew this one was the classic from that album. The first song I remember hearing in the first ever gay bar I went to in my now hometown Glasgow, so special memories...

RAYE - Black Mascara
NSC 209 - 3rd in Final
A real instant hit for me when I first heard it on the radio. Immediately taken by the hypnotic beats and dreamy chanting from Raye - and grabbed me my most recent Top 3 to boot! xheart

HYRA - REM (No Sleep)
NSC 219 - 12th in Semi-Final
As an enormous Ava Max fan, finding HYRA was so special and this track is just a slice of melodic Dance-Pop perfection! It's probably the biggest DNQ disappointment I've ever had in the contest.

KSHMR feat. KARRA - The World We Left Behind
NSC 212 - 10th in Final
So proud to have this one in my history, proving that Dance-Pop can have heart, soul and true emotion. The ethnic themes through this really keep me coming back for more - KSHMR is firmly on my list of "must-see" acts.

KEiiNO - Praying
NSC 171 - 9th in Final
It should be no shock that these guys would feature on this list (hi avatar!) - and I was mega-proud that this little Spirit In The Sky follow-up grabbed my a Top 10. Still not over the 2021 NMGP result though... Mega fear of a repeat in 2024, my old heart can't take it!

Joel Corry x MNEK - Head & Heart
NSC 184 - 6th in Final
The very essence of UK pop house - MNEK's powerhouse vocals just send this track soaring and keep me coming back for more. One of my many many 6th place finishes!

Little Big - Hypnodancer
NSC 182 - 2nd in Final
So much better than Uno, and was very lucky to register it in time for that edition. My only runner-up - so yeah, this one is special for sure! Will hopefully see it performed live whenever they can sort out their visas and reschedule their UK dates xpray

theditz83

Veteran
And with it being Saturday night, why not continue our look back with...

Moisantia Anniversary - Club Night Memories:
YouTube
Spotify

W&W x AXMO ft. SONJA - Rave Love

NSC 195 - 19th in Semi-Final
Melodically, this entry is still one of my very favourite ones that I've ever sent. The build to the beat drop at the lead synth hook is everything, and I could play it forever and never get bored!

Nicky Romero ft. Anouk - Feet On The Ground
NSC 116 - 9th in Final
Sass to the max, and such a perfect blend of dirty EDM and moody, dark vocals. Ironic considering I thought "Birds" was a big wet blanket if an entry...

Gareth Emery & Emma Hewitt - Take Everything (STANDERWICK REMIX)
NSC 167 - 19th in Final
This slice of delicious trance EDM really embedded in my brain thanks to some choice synths and that crunchy guitar riff in the background - and that's even before Emma Hewitt's dreamy vocals slip down my ear canals - divine!!

Europa (Jax Jones & Martin Solveig) ft. Madison Beer - All Day And Night
NSC 169 - 22nd in Final
I still reckon this result was a clear indication of the curse a song has with being PQ, since I still reckon it's one of Jax Jones' best tracks. Pop-trance-EDM - the label doesn't matter when it pops this hard!

Sick Individuals ft. Robbie Rosen - Come Alive
NSC 181 - 25th in Final
That dirty drop after the euphoric synths... Just divine!

Jinny - Wanna Be With U
NSC 158 - 21st in Semi-Final
A hop in the time-machine back to the mid-90s, and Italian producer Robyx (Roberto Zanetti) was ruling my boom box. From Corona to Ice MC and the legendary Alexia, they all rocked the trademark popping kick drum and galloping bass line, and this track combined that with a killer synth hook too! Still reckon it's the same vocalist that did most of Corina's big hits too...

Chorale - Lomalla
NSC 190 - 25th in Final
Finnish Eurodance at its finest, and the video just makes me want to go on a holiday every single time I play it. You cannot be unhappy listening to this - a proper shot of serotonin!

Gareth Emery feat. Annabel - You'll Be OK
NSC 203 - 4th in Final
Gareth Emery has such a stellar discography that I knew I had to send him again after the relative success with Take Everything. And following the mental real-life dystopian craziness of COVID, I knew that You'll Be OK was the perfect choice. I lovely PQ result tells me I chose wisely xup

Mark Astley - Super Rider
NSC 207 - 20th in Semi-Final
Eurobeat has always been such an important part of my musical history that I couldn't have a night at the club and not feature my favourite ever Eurobeat track! Sadly it failed to make a massive impact on its edition but it's still a glorious addition to my playlist.

Durdenhauer x A$AP Rocky feat. Skepta - Praise The Lord (Da Shine)
NSC 213 - 19th in Semi-Final
One of my favourite beats I've ever heard. Another DNQ, but definitely the perfect way to end a hot night out! xheat

Top Bottom