Contact us

United States ☂️ WV190 ☔ Nicole Miglis - All I See Is You

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Last edited:

Avalon

Re: United States | Vote in the NF for WV51 :-)

Omg both are amazing xbow
I love you already in the USA xheart

Staewi

Omg both are amazing xbow
I love you already in the USA xheart
xlove :lol:

Btw I actually meant any song of these singers. No way we will see Booty or Pretty Girls next edition. :lol:

ShoeFlo

Both have actually some good songs (beside lots of cheap ones :D ) so there are possibilities that you can convince me...

But actually I think you will mess it up and make a horrible choice like often before. I call this phenonem the Staewi-effect. This term is already Copyright reserved. ©

Good luck anyway xlove

esc87fan

I don't care for either of them to be honest

Staewi

Re: United States | SCOREWHORE FOR WV52

Thank you [MENTION=5352]Alex[/MENTION] for your fitting thread title. xcheer Btw, mods, could you please change the thread owner to me? xheart

My first :us: entry has been sent, and just like I did in WV 40, when I changed to Russia and sent a song I did not know before as my debut, you will here a song either of Britney Spears or of Jennifer Lopez that was totally unknown for me until someone suggested it to me. :lol:
I can't promise, but the singer that wasn't chosen for this edition probably could be a hot candidate for the next WV, maybe with a national final. :lol:

Staewi

Two DNQs and one glorious Britney qualification later I should update this thread a little bit, probably. :lol:

Any hint for WV 55? Can't be given yet since I don't know what to send at all. :lol: Some of the hot candidates:
- a 2000 duet between a former USA entrant and someone who has - surprisingly - not been sent so far
- a 1999 duet between a former WV entrant for two different regions and someone else
- a 2009 song, reaching #1 in the States with the shortest-possible title
- a 2014/2015 song that charted on [mention=13314]DaFlo's[/mention] top 15 recently and was actually my first choice for WV54 (but then I changed it for Hollaback Girl).

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Haven't a clue for any. :lol: Except maybe Tinashe for the DaFlo hip hit one. xshock1

DaFlo

Banned

- a 2014/2015 song that charted on [mention=13314]DaFlo's[/mention] top 15 recently and was actually my first choice for WV54 (but then I changed it for Hollaback Girl).

-dead-

-alive-

OH MY F-ING GOD xshock

On my Top 15? I'm in shock. That certainly would be the hippest song WV has seen till now :cool:
Pls give me some hint via PM, i'm really curious now, even if you won't send it :O

Don't dare and send my bae, WV will burn if she fails xsos

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: United States | WV 56 - Britney Spears NF

Battle of the pop quen NFs xheat

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Brinty NF. xheat

Staewi

Yes, it's time again for the Queen of ... Everything to conquer WorldVision. xcheer
But I don't want to choose alone, it would be totally impossible for me. Because unlike Everytime, where I went after most probable success (#scorewhore :lol:), I now chose my favourite singles of her's. Actually six of them, here they are in chronological order.

(You Drive Me) Crazy
Looking at the video I don't understand why this waitress has been placed so prominently in there. :lol: But maybe this was en vogue in the 90s, I don't know, I was three when this song came out. I chose this song because it represents the 'first' Britney without taking Oops! ... I Did It Again (as the most popular unchosen song by her) which probably would spark critical comments. And furthermore because I love it very much :D Back when I had my own car and listened to music through USB stick, the first notes of the song would always appear, because it started with the first song in the alphabetical order (not knowing randomizing or such). :lol: Good old days. :lol:

I'm a Slave 4 U
The second song is "I'm a Slave 4 U", first single out of her third album "Britney", out in 2001. "Britney" is currently my favourite album of Britney (:lol:) thanks to some awesome album tracks, but also this single is one of my most beloved songs coming from the album and out of her carreer overall. Somewhat unusual, especially compared to her early successes, but great in a sexy yet not bitchy way. Maybe only comparable to Work Bitch 11 years later, but that was sent already. :cry:

My Prerogative
Some years ago, Amazon had a great opportunity. Britney's first greatest hits album from 2004 for roughly 4€. "My Prerogative" was the lead single and first song out of it, so it it possibly the first ever Britney song I scrobbled on Last.fm (not sure on that though :lol: ). It's probably the least known song out of the six offered and while always liking it, it just grew recently to a favourite of mine thanks to it's catchy chorus and some Middle Eastern influences.

If U Seek Amy
The "Circus" album was a late carreer height for Britney, everyone loved Circus and Womanizer. And I mean - they are nice tracks, but my favourite from Circus is obviously If U Seek Amy being catchy as hell (Max Martin was right when he praised it as one of the best things he has ever done). Sadly it wasn't as successful in the charts, probably also because of the obsceneity, but I don't care about that - and I hope WV also doesn't. :lol:

Looking at my personal charts, "3" is my favourite 'older' Britney Spears song this year, probably due to the fact I actually never listened to it before. :lol: Coming from her second Greatest Hits album, it's simply a song I ignored throughout the time. How wrong I was! It's definetly one of Britney's most straight-forward songs, musically, of course also lyrically and even in the music video. Easy setting, no useless scenes, just dancing and talking about threesomes .. or four .. on the floor. :lol:

Hold It Against Me
Back when I changed to the US and was searching for my first entry, Hold It Against Me was in my most narrow field. I wanted to submit it but I thought the video could spoil the voting chances. Well, Papi failed and I've come across the opinion that the video is a total masterpiece depicting her carreer (maybe if I ever have the chance, probably in some boring lecture at university I will do a total interpretation). And the song of course is kind of masterpiecial, too. xheart Melancholic, catchy and modern in every single way. I regret I haven't sent it back then and hope I can give it another chance.

How to vote?
I couldn't think of a ranking for these gems, so please simply rate them with figures from 0 (bad) to 10 (good).
Hope I'll reach some voters - if you vote at mine, I'll also vote at yours. ;)

Krishoes

Lady Gaga vs. Britney Spears in WV 56? xfaint

::pugl will vote asap! xcheer

Luki

Slay queen! Although none of my favourite Britney songs are included. :(

Grinch

Aww Britney, she reminds me of my childhood. 90's xcry1

Voted. "Everytime" should've been here too imo xheart

Edit : Oops I just saw you already sent it sorry :)

Staewi

So far I can thank
:fi: ::pugl :nrwe: :tt: :is: ::onta
for their voting! xcheer

However I still hope there are some members willing to vote. xlove

Top Bottom