Contact us

United States ☂️ WV190 ☔ Nicole Miglis - All I See Is You

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Last edited:

Nicholas123

Re: United States | WV47 - SF1#01 | Lil' Jon & The East Side Boyz featuring Busta Rhymes, Elephant Man & Ying Yang Twins - Get Low (Remix) |

Plz stay! USA can offer countless possibilities! :D

I would be furious as well, if i were you, but still, you have to give it some more tries! :D

Amir

Veteran
Re: United States | WV47 - SF1#01 | Lil' Jon & The East Side Boyz featuring Busta Rhymes, Elephant Man & Ying Yang Twins - Get Low (Remix) |

I know this feeling and I know how much it sucks. I can understand you want to withdraw. Totally!
Anyway you should try sth different before. Your taste is very unique, so if you wanna qualify I'm afraid you have to go for sth more mainstream. As Nicholas said,
USA has so much to offer.
And pleeeaaase don't be offended now but the only entry where I was really shocked about the DNQ was "behind blue eyes" :(
(Even though I also voted for this one)

ShoeFlo

I wouldn't agree that his taste is unique, he is not sending Metalcore songs or something. All these 3 songs are famours songs or sung by famous artists... It's easy to understand his frustrations. If you fail with unknown artists it's nothing special because you're aware of the risk of failing. However, if you fail with classics that can be annoying as hell. The failure of "Behind Blue Eyes" is still a mystery to me. maybe people heard this song too much and got annoyed or something. That his current song fails was pretty obvious for me, i guess this genre doesnt work well in this contest.
Before giving up you should try sending some fresh and rather unknown artists, maybe this strategy will work better for you. Usually people do better with famous artists but in your case it might be different.

Amir

Veteran

Well, I personally didn't know the songs by Aerosmith and Marylin Manson, but I know plenty of others by both artists, which I would have voted for.
That's what I meant^^

CC92

With my song choices I always consider the chances of doing well, too. Naturally not to the point of scorewhoring – I genuinely like every song I have sent to WV so far.

Part of the problem lies in my frustration about WV not only being a song contest but also very much a measure for political and user popularity. I don't like to blame anyone for sharing ideas with their friends or sticking to cultural areas one feels prone to. Still for some it's mucher to succeed than it is for others. Hence why I believe that in my case trying out other musical genres wouldn't help an awful lot either.

I had originally been planning to stay until my 20th participation anniversary, probably ending the 'era' with a NF of suggestions that were given to me. Showing a little bit my gratefulness to the community, like I did when leaving ::berl. However, the way things turned recently I'm not any longer keen on doing this.

Also, I am convinced that Alex1211ander can make more use of this country. Good luck to him!

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member

Uh, bad results? Hang on a sec... :lol:

5eccf1c5665a2cb82dae464a74607a91.png

These are bad results. Did I quit? No. According to the database you have made the top 10 before. I think it's really silly when people get mad for doing badly, eventually it comes good, like me in the last edition... but whatever :rolleyes:

Also that WV being about user popularity thing made me lol. Veronika and Carrie won in their first edition. Nora, Roman and Trece don't win every edition either.

esc87fan

I failed 7 times with Switzerland and had bad results here and there. Did I quit either, especially after what happened in WV45? Heck no, I kept trying and got my first top 10 after 5 editions, and finally got my first win after 20 editions.

ShoeFlo

I want to add one thing to what gabe wrote.
I think it's a wrong attitude to consider the Worldvision only as a contest that's about winning, prestige or "glory" or whatever.
Unregarding your personal results you will 1. learn a lot of new different songs 2. have power to give a vote and influence the result 3. share your taste with other people... and honestly, even if you get knocked out with 20 points or something that's already a proof that there are people in the community who likes your song pretty much and with sending the song you maybe enriched their playlist
I think people shouldn't keep the whole contest too serious. It feels great to reach the final and it feels amazing to win the contest but even if I dont reach the final I can still look forward to the final... I can look forward to create my voting, look forward to the result and cheering for my favorites. I can think about who will win and maybe got surprised if a song win that I didnt expect to win. These aspects are also part of the WV and that's what makes it so interesting.

Amir

Veteran

I think Stephs results are too good to compete with us "losers" :lol: (sorry for the expression).
As Gabe said, it can only get better. I had satisfying results with :ir: in the beginning, also my best result after my third participation, but then it only got worse.
12 participations, only one time reaching the final with :ae: and finishing last.
I had songs were I had no idea, why they didn't reach the final, especially with :ba:de
Now it seems that I'm over this unlucky period, with :li: and now especially with :il:
Yes, failing is depressing and sometimes it is just unfair and/or a matter of luck. But you have to try new things, take another region with new songs.
There are people here that enjoy your songs, and especially that you are part of the contest, cause you are one of the "old ones" here
who is always up for a suprise (Disco Poco, Aerosmith, Nina Hagen) - I wish others were as diverse as you!

AdelAdel

Guys... remember that handling a specific situation differs from person to person. One person might not qualify every edition and still participate and another person might fail to qualify a few times and not feel good. I don't like when people imply something along the lines of "OMG, you're withdrawing because of bad results? You're such a pussy, LOL." Especially when those words come from people who are quite successful. Oh, and this "you should send other singers/genres/etc." talk is not true to life - there are people who tried various genres and countries and this did not help in succeeding.

CC92

Unfurling other examples of infamous track records rather rounds off the picture than it would confute my point though. I said that some are disadvantaged, not me being the only one. :lol: Furthermore disadvantaged obviously does not mean that it is impossible for you to win let alone 'doing well'. But I am afraid my taste is and will not be mainstream to overcome the obstacles if even Behind Blue Eyes (yes, I thought this one had a shot at a decent position in the final) wasn't. And [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION], the one Top-10 I scored was thanks to the co-operation with another member.

What I forgot to add (I was too tired yesterday) is that there are more reasons for me to quit than my personal fate here. Including non-contest-related ones such as lack of free time or technical issues. Other than that I do agree with Florian's aspects.

Alex1211ander

Welcome to the National Final of the United States for WV51! :)

Here are the 6 songs:

Imagine Dragons - Demons

A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover

Flogging Molly - Devils Dance Floor

Jennifer Lopez - Por Qué Te Marchas

Smash Mouth - All Star

Anastacia & Eros Ramazzotti - I belong to you

Voting System is :7: :5: :3: :2: :1: :0:!

Deadline will be announced in a few days! xcheer

Krishoes

Re: United States | Vote in the NF for WV51 :-)

:ir: voted! xsalute

ShoeFlo

You don't have to worry anymore, because the most important voting just arrived at your inbox. Congratulations. ;) xqueenbitch

or the short version: :is: voted

Staewi

I am currently deciding my first :us: entry, and probably it will be between two of my former NSC entries from the United States!
425.brit.jlo.ls.112111.jpg

Britney Spears or Jennifer Lopez
Who will represent :us: in WV 52?!

Top Bottom