Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
What is it about if I may ask...I have seen it before...what if it's just a performance/concert and he didn't know/have any influence on the marketing? Maybe the "Z" is "just" part of the website's logo?

Are you sure this is real?
Maybe it's "fan made" or fake?

Lazarev was one of the first and very few Russian artists who spoke out/against the war immediately after Russia invaded Ukraine.

Maybe get felt pressured since he's a homosexual father?

Anyway, that's not an excuse for supporting fascist mass murderers.

I still hope it's not true :(

It seems to be real unfortunately, I did a little googling and perhaps the date is the only thing that might be changed. I guess we'll have to find out if his name has been thrown into the mix as "fake news" but it pops up in various sources.

It's a concert tour throughout ruZZia in support of the invasion and genocide on Ukrainians. The whole tour is called "Za rossiyu - music patriotic marathon", it's the same naZi sh*t that was televised with Putin talking and Polina Gagarina singing but as an extended tour around the country, I don't think Putin will take part in all of these but that's beyond the point really.

Actually there is no excuse for functioning adult people with working brains to take part in this, both he and Polina Gagarina are millionaires, if they are "afraid" they could either just stay silent or do like some other famous Russians and simply move abroad, instead they are actively taking part in events to promote the war and the Putin regime.

It could also be out of pure greed but that's equally disgusting.

Last edited:

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know where Natalia Gordienko stands on the war? I've seen little to no posts apart from one at the start about it where she wanted peace. I just wonder because she's obviously close with Kirkorov & her label is Russian and a lot of her music is for the Russian market. Being that she's Moldovan I'd presume she's against it but keeps quiet to prevent her career being affected...

A-lister

Veteran
Does anyone know where Natalia Gordienko stands on the war? I've seen little to no posts apart from one at the start about it where she wanted peace. I just wonder because she's obviously close with Kirkorov & her label is Russian and a lot of her music is for the Russian market. Being that she's Moldovan I'd presume she's against it but keeps quiet to prevent her career being affected...

Almost half of Moldova seem to support ruZZia so unfortunately being from Moldova doesn't say much, it's despicable considering she's Ukrainian-Moldovan but just look at Ani Lorak and Maruv, both from Ukraine and very ambiguous on all of this.

Anyways Natalia is a nobody really, and yeah being part of Kirkorov's entourage (Kirkorov is notoriously pro-Putin and anti-Ukraine), I guess she's just one of those where greed, career and generally lack of morals comes first, not sure if it's going to give her much though since again she doesn't seem to have much of a career anyways.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Almost half of Moldova seem to support ruZZia so unfortunately being from Moldova doesn't say much, it's despicable considering she's Ukrainian-Moldovan but just look at Ani Lorak and Maruv, both from Ukraine and very ambiguous on all of this.

Anyways Natalia is a nobody really, and yeah being part of Kirkorov's entourage (Kirkorov is notoriously pro-Putin and anti-Ukraine), I guess she's just one of those where greed, career and generally lack of morals comes first, not sure if it's going to give her much though since again she doesn't seem to have much of a career anyways.
Yeah I was asking more for myself because I do like her music & follow her on instagram, and I'm trying to distance myself from the RuZZia supporters

I did see some instagram stories from Maruv at the very start of the war which seemed to voice support for Ukraine (I can't be sure as I don't speak the language), but she's gone silent now. As if someone's told her to perhaps?

Mainshow

Veteran
Please keep us updated @A-lister

I will be honest with you.. I already have a hard time on "listening to Russian artists" (haven´t done so far at the moment) [even though I know that we have to differentiate but honestly.... after seeing artists supporting a fascist regime and genocides, it´s not the right time to come up with such lazy "arguments"].

Back in 2016, I loved Russia and Ukraine equally (even though I voted for Jamala more often, I placed Russia as my #1 that year) but I already thought of deleting all points I gave to Russia on my all-time list altogether - if Sergey turns up on such events (supporting genocide, singing for Putin), I will definitely do so.. but at this moment, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and I´m just glad that the only times I awarded Russia some points were in 2003 (Lena seems to be different), 2009 (Ukrainian and very vocal about Crimea), 2016 (Sergey seems to be in a difficult position and at least, he posted sth against the war on his socials), 2020 (got ditched in 2021 due to anti-government comments as well) and 2021 (Manizha, brilliant artist, being vocal about the war, even releasing an anti-war/protest song accompanied by a brilliant music video "Soldier").

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please keep us updated @A-lister

I will be honest with you.. I already have a hard time on "listening to Russian artists" (haven´t done so far at the moment) [even though I know that we have to differentiate but honestly.... after seeing artists supporting a fascist regime and genocides, it´s not the right time to come up with such lazy "arguments"].

Back in 2016, I loved Russia and Ukraine equally (even though I voted for Jamala more often, I placed Russia as my #1 that year) but I already thought of deleting all points I gave to Russia on my all-time list altogether - if Sergey turns up on such events (supporting genocide, singing for Putin), I will definitely do so.. but at this moment, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and I´m just glad that the only times I awarded Russia some points were in 2003 (Lena seems to be different), 2009 (Ukrainian and very vocal about Crimea), 2016 (Sergey seems to be in a difficult position and at least, he posted sth against the war on his socials), 2020 (got ditched in 2021 due to anti-government comments as well) and 2021 (Manizha, brilliant artist, being vocal about the war, even releasing an anti-war/protest song accompanied by a brilliant music video "Soldier").
It's hard but I'd say do your research & distance yourself from the supporters of Putin & his atrocities in Ukraine, but continue to listen to and support those Russian artists who are vocal against Putin & are against the war.

Little Big are still on my playlists

Mainshow

Veteran
It's hard but I'd say do your research & distance yourself from the supporters of Putin & his atrocities in Ukraine, but continue to listen to and support those Russian artists who are vocal against Putin & are against the war.

Yeah, I think that´s the right thing to do - As an avid fan of Russian-(speaking) music, I´m really having a hard time (nothing compared to real life issues or anything) but it´s really frustrating - I still buy and purchase songs on iTunes and I honestly don´t want to finance anyone who´s not vocal about this (even though I know that it also must be difficult to be a liberal and democratic person in Russia right now).

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I think that´s the right thing to do - As an avid fan of Russian-(speaking) music, I´m really having a hard time (nothing compared to real life issues or anything) but it´s really frustrating - I still buy and purchase songs on iTunes and I honestly don´t want to finance anyone who´s not vocal about this (even though I know that it also must be difficult to be a liberal and democratic person in Russia right now).
100%. I love Little Big (before Eurovision also) & I was prepared to cancel them from my life, I'm just glad they're anti war and Putin! I always had a hunch they were anti-Putin anyway.

I'm quite lucky that the only Russian talent that I listen to regularly is Little Big, because I'd have to cull a load of music if that wasn't the case

Ezio

Veteran
Maybe Little Big can take part for another country one day. Love them!

midnightsun

Veteran
Maybe get felt pressured since he's a homosexual father?

He posted a very cryptic message on his IG days ago which lets me think he IS kind of forced or pressured to post it. Something about he is proud to be singing for Russia, has represented the ESC twice etc. And he claimed any message that says otherwise is fake news. (As far as I understood, maybe some native speakers could clear it up)

But (as far as I could see) he did not write anything something about pro Putin or pro war and the message did not sound the way he wrote his other posts before so there is a chance he was pressured to write it.

But of course it could be his own words, if so, I‘d be very sad and can’t believe it since his family is part Ukrainian I thought? I would have to unfollow him if it is true…

A-lister

Veteran
He posted a very cryptic message on his IG days ago which lets me think he IS kind of forced or pressured to post it. Something about he is proud to be singing for Russia, has represented the ESC twice etc. And he claimed any message that says otherwise is fake news. (As far as I understood, maybe some native speakers could clear it up)

But (as far as I could see) he did not write anything something about pro Putin or pro war and the message did not sound the way he wrote his other posts before so there is a chance he was pressured to write it.

But of course it could be his own words, if so, I‘d be very sad and can’t believe it since his family is part Ukrainian I thought? I would have to unfollow him if it is true…

Pressured or not, why isn't he leaving ruZZia as others are doing? To me it seems just greed, but also shortsighted. He is a gay father, he honestly thinks that living in a Nazi country will be the best thing for him and his kids? So far he could hide in his bubble with his millions and ignore the life of regular gay Russians that don't have his privileged life and contacts, but the way ruZZia is developing, gay people will probably soon face an even harsher reality. I fear ruZZia will not in the very long future introduce laws similar to some Muslim countries, perhaps not death penalty for gay people, but labor camps maybe, prison.

It's already happening in parts of ruZZia like Chechnya (sanctioned by the Putin regime).

Tbh I lost all respect for him.

Carian

Well, I've been listening to many many many first-hand interviews of Russian and Western reporters from Mariupol over the last (almost) two months, and the citizens weren't actually cursing Putin and Russian soldiers, but rather the other side. Don't get me wrong, I am just saying what I've hearing from direct reports and on-ground interviews from cities in Donbass. If you do not know where you can find these interviews and see it for yourself, I highly recommend you to watch a few of reports by the freelance American reporter Patrick Lancaster. He's been 8 years in Donbass and he is interviewing people who actually survived the horrors of war. Turn on English subtitles and learn the truth about who is commiting atrocities in Donbass.

As for the Russian artists and celebrities, I have information for you all. There were many of them who were vocally opposing the Russian special operation in Ukraine at first. Some even left Russia out of protest. The most notable names were Ala Pugachova (ethnic Russian), her husband Galkin (born in Ukraine), Vera Brezhnyeva (born in Ukraine), Svetlana Loboda (born in Ukraine) etc. Nevertheless, the vast majority of them returned in the last couple of weeks back to Russia with tails between their legs, after they had realized that Europeans literally hate Russians and nobody wants them. Nevertheless, it seems right now that their Russian fans and audience despise them too and resent them for betraying their country and running away and leaving them there. Basically, all of these Russian megastars are right now not desired neither in Europe/West nor in Russia and their careers will or better said, already have suffered immense blows. It will probably take them years to revive their careers.

In any case, for all of you who are wondering what is actually happening with Russian singers whom you may have loved before they disappointed you because they choose their homelands instead of your "love", let me tell you the story about the singer of one of the most famous Russian bands called Leningrad. Leningrad's singer and leader Sergey Shnurov was always criticizing Putin and his leadership, Putin's party, and he publicly expressed his discontent with the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014. Nevertheless, please, go and watch the clip of his group Leningrad called "Dogs and Russians forbidden (to enter)". After watching the clip, you will see that even those Russians who opposed Putin until February this year, were obviously shocked by the Russophobia in Europe and the entire West. This very tangeable and real Russophobia in the West has propelled Putin's approval ratings and support for the special operation in Ukraine among Russians within 10 days from 65% to almost 80%.

So, keep hating Russians, people. You are doing favor to Putin. Your hate is feeding Putin's popularity among Russians. Next, ask yourselves, why do you demand from Russian singers to hate their homeland? Polish mistreat the Ukrainian Roma refugees and did not want to accept refugees from the Near East along with Czech and Slovaks, even though their armies were also in Iraq and Afganisthan within NATO, French committed war crimes in Mali in Africa as recently as two months ago, and nobody seems to bother about it... Don't you think you are being a little bit hypocritical? I mean, just a little bit??? Oh, and don't forget to feel good about yourselves when you will hear that because of your contempt for Putin, people will lose jobs, daddies will get drunk, beat their wives and kids... And there will be hunger in Africa, Asia, and South America, because we blocked Russia from selling their wheat to these countries. There are so many reasons to feel good about yourselves, because you showed the middle-finger to Putin and these horrible Russians.

PS: Lazarev and Gagarina have always been and still are Putin's people. And Kirkorov is actually a Moldovan himself, but he has lived all his life in Russia... @Mrm , love you man! I hope you are doing well!

A-lister

Veteran
Well, I've been listening to many many many first-hand interviews of Russian and Western reporters from Mariupol over the last (almost) two months, and the citizens weren't actually cursing Putin and Russian soldiers, but rather the other side. Don't get me wrong, I am just saying what I've hearing from direct reports and on-ground interviews from cities in Donbass. If you do not know where you can find these interviews and see it for yourself, I highly recommend you to watch a few of reports by the freelance American reporter Patrick Lancaster. He's been 8 years in Donbass and he is interviewing people who actually survived the horrors of war. Turn on English subtitles and learn the truth about who is commiting atrocities in Donbass.

As for the Russian artists and celebrities, I have information for you all. There were many of them who were vocally opposing the Russian special operation in Ukraine at first. Some even left Russia out of protest. The most notable names were Ala Pugachova (ethnic Russian), her husband Galkin (born in Ukraine), Vera Brezhnyeva (born in Ukraine), Svetlana Loboda (born in Ukraine) etc. Nevertheless, the vast majority of them returned in the last couple of weeks back to Russia with tails between their legs, after they had realized that Europeans literally hate Russians and nobody wants them. Nevertheless, it seems right now that their Russian fans and audience despise them too and resent them for betraying their country and running away and leaving them there. Basically, all of these Russian megastars are right now not desired neither in Europe/West nor in Russia and their careers will or better said, already have suffered immense blows. It will probably take them years to revive their careers.

In any case, for all of you who are wondering what is actually happening with Russian singers whom you may have loved before they disappointed you because they choose their homelands instead of your "love", let me tell you the story about the singer of one of the most famous Russian bands called Leningrad. Leningrad's singer and leader Sergey Shnurov was always criticizing Putin and his leadership, Putin's party, and he publicly expressed his discontent with the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014. Nevertheless, please, go and watch the clip of his group Leningrad called "Dogs and Russians forbidden (to enter)". After watching the clip, you will see that even those Russians who opposed Putin until February this year, were obviously shocked by the Russophobia in Europe and the entire West. This very tangeable and real Russophobia in the West has propelled Putin's approval ratings and support for the special operation in Ukraine among Russians within 10 days from 65% to almost 80%.

So, keep hating Russians, people. You are doing favor to Putin. Your hate is feeding Putin's popularity among Russians. Next, ask yourselves, why do you demand from Russian singers to hate their homeland? Polish mistreat the Ukrainian Roma refugees and did not want to accept refugees from the Near East along with Czech and Slovaks, even though their armies were also in Iraq and Afganisthan within NATO, French committed war crimes in Mali in Africa as recently as two months ago, and nobody seems to bother about it... Don't you think you are being a little bit hypocritical? I mean, just a little bit??? Oh, and don't forget to feel good about yourselves when you will hear that because of your contempt for Putin, people will lose jobs, daddies will get drunk, beat their wives and kids... And there will be hunger in Africa, Asia, and South America, because we blocked Russia from selling their wheat to these countries. There are so many reasons to feel good about yourselves, because you showed the middle-finger to Putin and these horrible Russians.

PS: Lazarev and Gagarina have always been and still are Putin's people. And Kirkorov is actually a Moldovan himself, but he has lived all his life in Russia... @Mrm , love you man! I hope you are doing well!

xpuke

Oh you with your pro-ruZZian propaganda again..."Ukrainians are the ones actually committing atrocities in Donbas" (again referring to some made up claims that have been debunked by all serious international organizations and groups looking into such claims) and the fact that you are using the term "special operation" instead of war/invasion/genocide.

Calling Ukrainian artists "Russian" when people like Loboda doesn't even want to be associated with that country any longer.

Oh and the "russophobia" claim too.. you really check all the propaganda talking points in one post again, that takes some skills xclap

Last edited:

lacrymea

It's not a special operation. It's an invasion. You're welcome 🙄

A-lister

Veteran
It's not a special operation. It's an invasion. You're welcome 🙄
I'm actually saddened that the forum still allows these pro-fasZists in here. Sure freedom of speech is nice, but I wouldn't want to spend my time on a forum where apologists for the Hitler-regime can talk their nonsense, the same goes for Putin-regime-apologists.

Maybe this forum isn't for me any longer xshrug

Last edited:

lacrymea

I'm actually saddened that the forum still allows these pro-fasZists in here. Sure freedom of speech is nice, but I wouldn't want to spend my time on a forum where apologists for the Hitler-regime can talk their nonsense, the same goes for Putin-regime-apologists.

Maybe this forum isn't for me any longer xshrug
I wasn't expecting to find that sort of thing here, to be honest. Just like you, I don't tolerate it.

Best thing is to flag it and move on.

A-lister

Veteran
I wasn't expecting to find that sort of thing here, to be honest. Just like you, I don't tolerate it.

Best thing is to flag it and move on.
Well, we have at least a handful of more or less active members (and some troll accounts that pop up with new profiles over again) that have been using the forum for pro-ruZZian and Kremlin-propaganda for years actually.

But one could think with the ongoing invasion that it would be a zero tolerance policy but I guess it's easy to miss among all posts in here.

Carian

Guys, flag me as much as you want, hate me for having my own opinion, and saying things you simply do not want to hear it, but this won't change facts. All I wrote in my post yesterday was a response and an answer to people who were wondering about why Russian singers do not distance themselves from the doings of their political elites. Clearly, you do not have information from Russia, because you do not read Russian news, so I only told you what was/is going on with Russian pop-stars.
Next, I told you that there were Russian singers and artists who opposed Putin, but their voices were met with hatred in the West, so they returned to Russia defeated.
To sum it up for you: all I was trying to point out in my yesterday's post is the paradox which you obviously cannot wrap your heads around. How do you expect Russian artists (and common people) to oppose Putin and his politics, if you spew nothing but hatred for all Russians 24/7? Basically, our hatred and cancelling of Russian culture, music, and literature has confirmed to common Russians, who might and actually did oppose Putin until two months ago, exactly that what Putin was telling them for years, and he was telling them only: "The collective West hates us".
Guys, I am sorry if you do not see that you and your hate is a part of the problem. I am not an apologist of war(s), but I am neither a hypocrit. I am on this forum since 2015 and you can go and read posts on Russia's threads for all these years (and even further back), and you will see your own posts dismissing Russians as a collective. When I joined this forum, there were a few Russian ESC-lovers, yet today not even these are commenting any longer here. I guess, this is because we are such a wonderful, welcoming community.
Finally, allow me to add one final remark: I haven't commented for two months. Not one single post! How can I be accused of Russian propaganda? The last time I commented here, this thread had 10 pages. Now it has it more than 40 pages, even though Russia is not taking part in the ESC. The only person who is constantly posting here is A-lister, who is the undisputable authority on everything Russian here. So, do your reactions to my yesterday's post make sense and are your accusation of me being racist? Nah, guys. Plus, I really do not understand the administrators of this forum why they haven't simply closed this thread. This is exactly what I was expecting to find yesterday, when registering for the first time after 2 months. Anyways, keep on partying, I leave you to it. Apologies for interrupting your party.
PS: @lacrymea, well, Ukrainians called war in Donbass "antiterrorist operation" for eight years, so I guess this war is a special operation.

HayashiM

Veteran

Russia is undiscriminately shelling civilian people of a foreign nation - in regions that have nothing to do whatsoever with Donbass etc. - and you still call this war a special military operation. Don't you think you are being a little bit hypocritical? I mean, just a little bit? ;)

Russian people WILL lose jobs, and daddies WILL get drunk. All results not of European hate, but of their own (albeit misinformed and brainwashed) choices to back Putin and keep him in power, or to get drunk and beat other people.

Russia is the Nazi country here, there's little point in denying it once you have studied enough history, all the signs of a totalitarian regime are there, be it the cult of personality and concentration of power in one person who keeps it for a long time, brainwashing the youth in special dedicated organizations, using symbols of terror, having a common enemy you intend to exterminate, finding pretexts of members of your own nation being abused in foreign lands to invade them, and bullying everyone around you to "just giving you a little more space to breathe", subsequently blaming others as responsible for war when they don't give in to your own unjustified demands.

One can be angry at USA, NATO, EU or Ukraine all they want, some of that anger will even be justified, but it still doesn't change anything about Russia currently being undeniably Nazi, no matter what anyone else around does or has ever done. And if we don't want to support a Nazi regime yet shouldn't send our troops there, there is only one solution - put all possible weight on its own people to end the said regime. If they don't, it is their own choice. As is yours when you are being apologetic of Russia even after all crimes it has done in the last 2 months.

P. S. Asja, my best friend from primary school, is Russian. She was the first one whom I saw put up a Ukrainian flag on her fb profile on 24. 2. No one hates her.
If Shnurov felt hated in Europe, he might have as well be a little more persistent. We have every right to be suspicious, the burden of proof is on him. Just as it was on Asja.

Top Bottom