Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

eurovizian

Anyone who supports what Russia is doing in any way, can watch a ZаРоссию propaganda show instead.

There is one tomorrow even, and look who is taking part! :sick:

a5zn6f7ian7i7m4nep437qo6if80hmbj.jpg

Deleted member 12761

I've read that Sergey will not be part of the show anymore? I don't think that Sergey supports Putin or this war. I hope he and his family are safe and he gets out of the country soon.

eurovizian

I've read that Sergey will not be part of the show anymore? I don't think that Sergey supports Putin or this war. I hope he and his family are safe and he gets out of the country soon.
In that case, he really needs a new agent.

A-lister

Veteran
People are still arguing with that Putin troll? He/she is on my igno-list for like 6 or 7 years already. Y`all are late to the party. :lol:

What strikes me more is that this forum has a free room for fascist apologizers, it's like going to a forum with people who claim that the holocaust didn't happen... I mean I am all for different opinions, even crazy ones, but I just feel it gives a bad taste.

A-lister

Veteran
PS: I loved ESC my entire life, but this politization of ESC in recent years has just killed it. You guys killed it for me. I am bewildered by the negativism that is coming from the ESC fanbase. I really do not want be identified with racists... And this year it will be probably for the first time that I am not watching ESC in the last 33 years.

If you don't want to be identified with them, stop posting support for fascists and genociders, it's quite simple... if we "killed" Eurovision for you for calling out a murderous regime that you make up excuses for, then so be it, probably this nice regime will come up with a copy on their own that will be more in your taste then.

ollibox

I just finished reading this whole tread since 24th of February and... Whoooah! xstars

The reason why I haven't been in the forum and didn't read this earlier - I've spent almost all of my free-time on volunteer work to help Ukrainian refugees and helping to send aid to their communities....

First of all - I'm extremely glad that ESC community has a strong opinion on this matter and has taken a side quite unanimously (the right side, of course). EBU as well. Finally.

Second thing - as some of the members mentioned in previous posts, why haven't no Russian ESC fans took part in this conversation - probably the site is already banned in Russian Federation ;) (Or some other reasons, don't know for sure).

Third - this thread really needs a different headline already. Without the flag.

Fourth - I certainly do not classify myself as a "russophobe". Although, usually the Russian propaganda tries to create a look that all the Baltic state countries are as such (and for now, obviously, most of the Europe). About myself I can tell you that - I can speak Russian, almost 1/3 of my company's clients are Russian-speaking Estonians. I have no problem with that. Outside of the business also. If I tend to visit a restaurant for example (frequently Georgian or Ukrainian recently), where I see that the waiter is struggling to speak Estonian, I have no problem whatsoever to switch to Russian. They try and I respect that very much! Language is a language - It's a measure to communicate with each other. There can and should not be any other thoughts and agenda behind it! There shouldn't be a boycott for the language itself, I strongly disagree with that. I'm sure that most Slavic speaking ESC countries will agree.
As much as I could speak for Estonia - most of the youth can't speak Russian. But it's not a big problem since majority of young Russians in Estonia can speak English. So there's no gap in communication between them. I assume that the situation is the same in all the post-Soviet counties?

And also - not all Russians are bad, I have to emphasize. BUT - there are two buts. Firstly, I have to condemn them to have voted this monster as their leader in first place (and it has been like that for 22 years already!). The second but - the people are too afraid to stand against him (at least, for now). Regarding that, I can understand them. Many of them have families to protect and have no possibility to travel abroad. And the punishment for even thinking "differently" in that country - they are severe, believe me. It's a fact and I have multiple connections in there who can prove this. Sad thing is that there's nobody to whom to prove - most likely they'll end up like Navalny - in prison probably indefinitely (or just whole life ruined for the future, which is basically the same situation).
Anyways, I do believe that some kind of revolution in Russia would be inevitable. There can't be any other solution. Eventually, the Russian people will see through all the happenings, one way or another. Mighty God, help them all, seriously!
As the independent information lag in Russia is huge (or in large part non-existent), I'm not surprised if some people from the eastern parts of Russia discover only on 14th of May that their country is not participating ESC this year.

PS! If somebody claims that politics should be separate from music, culture, sports etc. Well, they truly are separate in most part. But in ordinary (with functioning brain) people's minds and hearts they are not. No mater which country or region or hemisphere you look at. Sports is just sports and singing is just singing, but I personally don't want to see any Russian participants in any of those events for a LONG time (even if the war ends tomorrow). It would just be unfair and demoralizing for me, for you, for Ukrainian people who suffer already for months!
And just for an example - WTA and ATP - suck it up and do what's morally right!

To Carian and all his/her co-thinkers I would say - not a lot but still something that creeps my soul.
The so called "West" didn't do no harm to Russian people (entertainers or whomever of the working Russian people across the borders). We were all living peacefully, more or less until 2014. Since that time, all of this what was going on was not ok by all means but... Strangely, we adopted to this. Too quickly and mostly in silence. That IS a shame. BUT - NO MORE!
All the conflicts/wars did that, the Putin regime did that, all Russian pro-putinists did that. Every Russian tank or plane on Ukrainian soil did that, every one of the killed Ukrainian children did that!!!!
So - NEVER EVER come back here with even a hint of some of us being "russophobic"!!!!
From your (assumed) nationality I assume, you haven't seen these so called "liberators" on your country's soil. I hope to God you would never see them. Mildly saying, it would not be a pleasant meeting. And I'm sure, I'm not the only one by far in this community, who has something to add to this story regarding their grandmothers/fathers memories.

PPS! Something regarding ESC as well - Estonian government has issued a ban for Kirkorov and Polina to enter the country for at least 5 years (some other countries has done it already before). Every other cultural tie is basically cut as well with Russia.

Very off-topic post, I know and sorry about that. Just continuing the thread already filled with all the similar discussions. And also lashing out my feelings of the last few months! xcry

Thank you for your attention! Looking forward to this year's competition!xclap

Mainshow

Veteran
I haven´t found any information on Sergey Lazarev´s "concert"/gig - no videos, no reviews... I guess that he still hasn´t betrayed humanity and honestly, I´m really relieved.

Or does anyone of you have some info on that?

Fierro

Just found this post of Sergey dated 14th April

instagram.com/p/CcVhjbLtGN6/

People still didn't cancel him after this? What is this Russophobia he's talking about?

Fierro

can you translate it please?
It's part of his speech where he denies gossips about emigrating from Russia.

I am Russian! And I've never been ashamed of it! I sincerely love Russia! It raised me as a strong personality and a famous artist who represented my country twice at the Eurovision Song Contest, defended its honor in the music arena and proudly carried the Russian flag. I proved not just by word, but by deed. I have been working in Russia for 25 years in the musical field and do my job honestly and always 100 percent for the audience and for the good!
Please do not fall for fakes and provocations! There is a lot of this around!
These are difficult times. The pressure on our country and people is enormous! Incredible anger and Russophobia. Our task is not to quarrel, not to blame, not to get angry. We must be united today more than ever and support each other! I myself am a very emotional person and take every information to heart, but do not be fooled by provocations and fakes! Health, peace, patience, strength and kindness to all of us!

The last paragraph got me... confused. In overall it sounded okay except that he genuinely blames Russophobia and mentions "pressure on our country". For me as Ukrainian these words sound bonkers. You must be blind to say that.

hijirio

Veteran
It's part of his speech where he denies gossips about emigrating from Russia.

The last paragraph got me... confused. In overall it sounded okay except that he genuinely blames Russophobia and mentions "pressure on our country". For me as Ukrainian these words sound bonkers. You must be blind to say that.
Checking sentences one by one, I find nothing wrong with his post, but for me it's the absence of a reference to the suffering of Ukrainians. Yes, there is great pressure on Russians these days and I'm so against it, but what about the Ukrainian innocent civilians whose lives are at stake? His approach is so self-centered and he is actually turning a blind eye to the real victims.

AlekS

Veteran
Just found this post of Sergey dated 14th April

instagram.com/p/CcVhjbLtGN6/

People still didn't cancel him after this? What is this Russophobia he's talking about?
At first I was like, finally someone saying obvious things... and then I read through that propaganda bs and thought "oh, dear".
Welp, as we see from the recent concert, it didn't really help him
YVJYVRq.gif
:lol:

ps. That "patriot" was seriously thinking about moving to Ukraine in 2013 and even put an eye on some apartment in Kyiv.

Fierro

Checking sentences one by one, I find nothing wrong with his post, but for me it's the absence of a reference to the suffering of Ukrainians. Yes, there is great pressure on Russians these days and I'm so against it, but what about the Ukrainian innocent civilians whose lives are at stake? His approach is so self-centered and he is actually turning a blind eye to the real victims.
he said 'pressure on our country' so he certainly meant Russia as state in the first place. I agree that not all Russians should be blamed on what is happening but in the time where Ukrainians are get killed, tortured, raped and majority of Russians (that is known fact) don't believe it or even justify such actions, such speech sounds very self-centric indeed.

Also, if not the word 'Russophobia' (which actively used in their propaganda to justify invasion), I maybe would overlook his post.

A-lister

Veteran

There is so much wrong with his post, it was "ok-ish" until he started ranting about "russophobia" and "pressure on our country"... yuck...

Sammy

Veteran
That‘s VERY carefully phrased… For instance, he does not say who‘s putting the pressure on his country…. He could also mean, that it’s Putin who does this..
Anyway it‘s clearly not the same thing that we heard from Polina Gagarina or Anna Netrebko….

lacrymea

That‘s VERY carefully phrased… For instance, he does not say who‘s putting the pressure on his country…. He could also mean, that it’s Putin who does this..
Anyway it‘s clearly not the same thing that we heard from Polina Gagarina or Anna Netrebko….
Unless Putin is a "russophobe", the phrase is actually pretty clear.

Sammy

Veteran
Unless Putin is a "russophobe", the phrase is actually pretty clear.
not necessarily. the way of putting to things into the same phrase that dont necessarily refer to the same subject is a common way of masking what you really want to say… if he was a convinced putin supporter, he would already have followed the example of Gagarina and join the propaganda as his career is not dependant on the west. But the strategy to avoid all notions of the state “speech“ shows that he tries to speak his criticism as carefully as possible.

Top Bottom