Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
Well at least I admit my errors xD

I understand that people want to give someone the benefit of the doubt and that obviously we can't follow everything some people said or is saying, so it makes total sense.

But I think if something was unclear before, she clearly showed her true colors now.

Ezio

Veteran
Eurofans are such turncloaks. The booed Polina because of evil Russia, but cheered for Sergey, because he is the leading role of their wildest dreams.

A-lister

Veteran
Eurofans are such turncloaks. The booed Polina because of evil Russia, but cheered for Sergey, because he is the leading role of their wildest dreams.
I didn't like any of their entries, all kitsch :lol:

But Polina's one was more contextually off though, she sung a "peace" ballad sent not long after russia annexed Crimea and started the invasion of Donbas, while Sergey's entries came a bit later and didn't have any political propaganda undertones.

Also, add to that that Polina is a fascist supporter and Sergey not, not that I think most Eurofans were aware of that back then.

allenakaalan

But Polina's one was more contextually off though, she sung a "peace" ballad sent not long after russia annexed Crimea and started the invasion of Donbas, while Sergey's entries came a bit later and didn't have any political propaganda undertones.
What if (tin foil hat on) "You Are the Only One" is actually an allegory about :ru:(being the toxic ex) trying to entice :ua:to return to having a relationship with it, saying that :ua:is the only one for :ru:? :ru:then continued hoping for reconciliation, saying that the Flame is Burning in this relationship. When :ua:, being a strong, independent country who don't need no :ru:in its life, refused, :ru:was still in denial, insisting "I Won't Break", before finally giving up and crying tears that Scream (because as we all know, those aren't quiet things).

Man, I need to sleep...:sleep:

A-lister

Veteran
What if (tin foil hat on) "You Are the Only One" is actually an allegory about :ru:(being the toxic ex) trying to entice :ua:to return to having a relationship with it, saying that :ua:is the only one for :ru:? :ru:then continued hoping for reconciliation, saying that the Flame is Burning in this relationship. When :ua:, being a strong, independent country who don't need no :ru:in its life, refused, :ru:was still in denial, insisting "I Won't Break", before finally giving up and crying tears that Scream (because as we all know, those aren't quiet things).

Yeah you definitely need some sleep :lol:

Sammy

Veteran

I miss the brutal rape, that’s happening at this very momet in your „story“

dany rose

Man.... What world do you live in? Certainly not this one....

MopManMoss

Veteran

How have you out done Jonkonfui for deranged posting

Jonkonfui

Yes and since they like him and his songs now they are ready to believe he is a peace fighter who has been threatened by the russian police because he wrote on Twitter a generic hooray for peace message.

Ezio

Veteran
As generic as a million horses

hijirio

Veteran
Yeah and people defended her on here... I said all the way back in 2015 that her act was fake and just a whitewash for russia... she deserved even more booing fake-tears-fascist-b***

Okay sis you were right, but how could we have known? If she took part in a pro-annexation of Crimea concert back in 2015, most fans wouldn't have supported her anyway.
Yes, she was very sus and fishy from the get-go but I think we should be very cautious and act in line with presumption of innocence before cancelling people because the cancel culture these days can go out of hands and destroy some innocent people mentally.
In this case, you were right and now I loathe her from the bottom of my heart. If EBU has an inch of backbone (we know they don't :D ), they would dismantle her runner-up title and do the same for every Russian artist who takes part in such events (yes Dima Bilan i'm looking at you)

A-lister

Veteran
Okay sis you were right, but how could we have known? If she took part in a pro-annexation of Crimea concert back in 2015, most fans wouldn't have supported her anyway.
Yes, she was very sus and fishy from the get-go but I think we should be very cautious and act in line with presumption of innocence before cancelling people because the cancel culture these days can go out of hands and destroy some innocent people mentally.
In this case, you were right and now I loathe her from the bottom of my heart. If EBU has an inch of backbone (we know they don't :D ), they would dismantle her runner-up title and do the same for every Russian artist who takes part in such events (yes Dima Bilan i'm looking at you)

Trust me, I'm not a fan of cancel culture myself and it has really gone out of hand... but she never really hid that she's a Putin supporter, although I understand that for outsiders who don't really follow what's going on in russia there is an excuse for not knowing.

I think just some year ago she recorded some pro-Putin song which I remember also included Dima Bilan and Kirkorov... someone posted in here but I can't find it now :(

A-lister

Veteran
Yes and since they like him and his songs now they are ready to believe he is a peace fighter who has been threatened by the russian police because he wrote on Twitter a generic hooray for peace message.

You know that you can even get imprisoned now in ruZZia for so called "generic peace messages"? xshrug

Last edited:

Jonkonfui

You know that you can even get imprisoned now in ruZZia for so called "genic peace messages"? xshrug
No i dont know shit about Russia and very happy with my ignorance... Well i know a song in Russian (not a Eurovision one).

A-lister

Veteran
You are not surprised that I know a song in Russian?? Not everybody knows a song in Russian and not only can I sing it but I even know what I am singing... I think it is quite surprising.
Rather I'm not surprised by the ignorance... but hey ho xshrug

Top Bottom