Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Sammy

Veteran
Are we really aware that Russia was going to bring a blind singer to Eurovision???.
Can a country be more disgusting and hypocritical?
They also braught a person in a wheelchair who only was bearable with heavy autotune…

A-lister

Veteran
Here's a crazy idea: What if Polina actually believes that Ukraine is run by nazis and Russia is on a mission to save Ukraine??
I know this may seem ridiculous to us, but she lives in a different part of the world.

Another possibility is that she's afraid of saying anything against her country because it may ruin her career.

Of course there's also an option that she's a psycho, but i don't think it's very likely.

Here's another crazy idea: How about we stop defending her? She's an adult woman making her own life choices, she's not coerced or tortured.

She's not some babushka in the country side without access to internet and social media, she's a multi-million dollar fairly young singer who is actually very active on social media.

She's been supportive of Putin throughout the years, it didn't just happen over night, but to be part of a concert that celebrates mass murder of children is really taking it a step too far.

I understand that people with careers in russia might stay silent, but actively supporting something and staying silent are two way different things.

She's just a fascist and that's what she is, let's call a spade for a spade. I don't understand why we have this sexist idea that women can't be bad or evil people, just because she's a beautiful young blonde singer she's somehow this fragile thing without any brain and can't use Internet?

A-lister

Veteran
Oh and may I add, Sergey Lazarev spoke out against the war on social media (so we can stop pretending that these people can't access real news if they want to), but he got harassed and the authorities even threatened to take away his children (he's a gay father) and he ultimately closed down his social media accounts (I am not sure where he is now, maybe he fled to Israel like most anti-fascist rich celebrity Russians did).

Now apparently fascist-Polina is his "friend", yet she chose to be active in a pro-war naZi rally and supports the very regime that is openly hostile against gay people, people with different opinions and ultimately her supposed "friend"... I think we can close the chapter of her being anything of a "good person".

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
So basically you say she's either incredibly stupid (because there ARE in fact people who live in the same part of the world as she is and who do not believe the Russian propaganda nonsense), a coward/opportunist or a psycho...

Yes. And before reading @A-lister's post above i was leaning towards her being a coward/opportunist but now i'm thinking she might be just dumb. :lol:

Statistically, our planet is full of cowards, opportunistic and dumb people, but evil people are rare. (I'm not saying they don't exsist and that there's zero chance Polina is one of them)

A-lister

Veteran
Yes. And before reading @A-lister's post above i was leaning towards her being a coward/opportunist but now i'm thinking she might be just dumb. :lol:

Statistically, our planet is full of cowards, opportunistic and dumb people, but evil people are rare. (I'm not saying they don't exsist and that there's zero chance Polina is one of them)

Again, why do we assume she's just a "dumb blonde"? she has access to the same sources people who stood up against the war has. Let's not "stupify" all people, some people are just fascists and that's just it. You don't need to be a genius to watch some YouTube clips or read an article from the BBC.

I mean if even Soviet icon Alla Pugacheva, who is what, 70 something? and had her prime time during the Soviet regime, can go out and openly criticize the war, at least Polina could have just stayed silent (that's the least one could expect from a "decent" or "just dumb" person), but she's taking an active stance.

Galandar

Is Russia excluded from EBU and banned from participating in Eurovision permanently or this is only until the war in Ukraine is over?

EscGeek

Veteran
Again, why do we assume she's just a "dumb blonde"? she has access to the same sources people who stood up against the war has. Let's not "stupify" all people, some people are just fascists and that's just it. You don't need to be a genius to watch some YouTube clips or read an article from the BBC.

I mean if even Soviet icon Alla Pugacheva, who is what, 70 something? and had her prime time during the Soviet regime, can go out and openly criticize the war, at least Polina could have just stayed silent (that's the least one could expect from a "decent" or "just dumb" person), but she's taking an active stance.
Her gender and hair color are purely coincidental:mrgreen:

... evil people are rare. (I'm not saying they don't exsist and that there's zero chance Polina is one of them)

A-lister

Veteran
Is Russia excluded from EBU and banned from participating in Eurovision permanently or this is only until the war in Ukraine is over?
They left the EBU (I mean cancelled their membership all in all) and also the Council of Europe, it's fair to say we won't see russia in a long time unless a miracle happens and we'll have a regime change without fascists, but that would require complete new people in power (Putin alone is not the only problem), since basically whole Duma is filled with fascists and their whole system is rotten to the core. As things are going, russia ain't coming back.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Her gender and hair color are purely coincidental:mrgreen:
😂

But is it though?, would we really give her the benefit of the doubt had she been a male and looked like a rugged russian mafia guy?, something tells me we wouldn't... :lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
😂

But is it though?, would we really give her the benefit of the doubt had she been a male and looked like a rugged russian mafia guy?, something tells me we wouldn't... :lol:

I can only speak for myself, but i've posted more positive than negative things about Kirkorov on this very forum.. soooxrofl

dany rose

Polina is well aware of what she is doing, blonde or brunette, it doesn't matter, a fascist is one regardless of how she fixes her hair.
Yesterday she appeared on stage with a "Z" on her chest to symbolize the Russian troops.
I remember her when she placed second in Vienna, and even more my disdain for this kind of woman has grown to the highest levels because it is clear that her press conference was a theatrical act when she spoke feigning lashes (which she probably got by wiping an onion on her eyes) she said:

<< My song is about love and everyone speaks one language, the language of love. No matter who you are, we are human. We are able to build bridges together.>>

Shame on her!

A-lister

Veteran
Polina is well aware of what she is doing, blonde or brunette, it doesn't matter, a fascist is one regardless of how she fixes her hair.
Yesterday she appeared on stage with a "Z" on her chest to symbolize the Russian troops.
I remember her when she placed second in Vienna, and even more my disdain for this kind of woman has grown to the highest levels because it is clear that her press conference was a theatrical act when she spoke feigning lashes (which she probably got by wiping an onion on her eyes) she said:

<< My song is about love and everyone speaks one language, the language of love. No matter who you are, we are human. We are able to build bridges together.>>

Shame on her!

This! And Z = The new swastika, and Putin = The new Hitler.

Really, there is no excuse for her, she knows what she stands for and that's that.

Realest

One more Reason why Mans is one of the best Winners of All Time.

WhoKnows

Here's a crazy idea: What if Polina actually believes that Ukraine is run by nazis and Russia is on a mission to save Ukraine??
I know this may seem ridiculous to us, but she lives in a different part of the world.

Another possibility is that she's afraid of saying anything against her country because it may ruin her career.

Of course there's also an option that she's a psycho, but i don't think it's very likely.

Does she not have internet? Eyes? She doesn't even need a brain. This is not some kind of super complicated geopolitical issue that one can claim not to understand. This is an invasion and an attempt to exterminate the Ukrainian nation, young and old. It's not the first time Russia has done it either. It's time the "regular" Russians stopped getting a pass. According to a poll from just a couple days ago, 71% of Russians support this war. They do not get to absolve themselves of these atrocities.

A-lister

Veteran
Does she not have internet? Eyes? She doesn't even need a brain. This is not some kind of super complicated geopolitical issue that one can claim not to understand. This is an invasion and an attempt to exterminate the Ukrainian nation, young and old. It's not the first time Russia has done it either. It's time the "regular" Russians stopped getting a pass. According to a poll from just a couple days ago, 71% of Russians support this war. They do not get to absolve themselves of these atrocities.

This! I am starting to get tired of the excuses the russian people are getting, sure not everyone agrees, but in cases like Polina let's just call a spade for a spade. It's not like russia is complete north Korea yet with people being complete cut off for century.

Top Bottom