Marcos C

kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

Re: Pacific States - WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard

Yay, the community did a fantastic job here with chosing the best song. xheat

You might remember, I wasn't really impressed by this NF. I just liked 10 Headed goat wizard form the first listening however I thought it would be just one of the "nice" songs from which kind there are 6, 7 in every WV. I didn't believe that there will emerge a strong bond between me and this song but now I feel there is one. I'm really into this song and enjoy it more with every listening. When I was in LL and this song appeared I was really euphoric, I threw my cat through the room and did other thinks one does as an expression of happiness.
I think this song has this kind of "RainyWoods stamp". If we one day do a special WV edition in which the songs are played without naming the country and juror everybody would still guess that this song is yours.
Mostly the Pot F members satisfy like 80% of my music taste with the entries they send. Do you like to guess who is giving me the remaining 20% ?
hello.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you so much dear Robert and Ole for the kind wordsxheart I'm happy you're both pleased with the chosen song.

Yay, the community did a fantastic job here with chosing the best song. xheat

You might remember, I wasn't really impressed by this NF. I just liked 10 Headed goat wizard form the first listening however I thought it would be just one of the "nice" songs from which kind there are 6, 7 in every WV. I didn't believe that there will emerge a strong bond between me and this song but now I feel there is one. I'm really into this song and enjoy it more with every listening. When I was in LL and this song appeared I was really euphoric, I threw my cat through the room and did other thinks one does as an expression of happiness.
I think this song has this kind of "RainyWoods stamp". If we one day do a special WV edition in which the songs are played without naming the country and juror everybody would still guess that this song is yours.

giphy.gif

Aw thank you Floxheart I was so hoping this would grow on you more. I suppose this is a very typical "me" song somehow.. Most of my current favourite American bands and artists all come from the same independent label (the delightful Burger Records), and I suppose you know a lot of those songs well from plug/dub when I would spam them. It's funny though because I would say the exact same thing about your entry this edition. If I was blindfolded I would scream "THAT'S FLO'S SONG!!!!".xrofl2 and gosh, that's an amazing idea for a spin-off. Let's make it happen!

Mostly the Pot F members satisfy like 80% of my music taste with the entries they send. Do you like to guess who is giving me the remaining 20% ?
hello.gif

AshleyWright?xheat

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

BN-MB493_0112Lu_G_20160112124602.jpg

cegs5

Oh well, that 1 point from me doesn't mean that I don't like the winning song, but I liked more the other options, especially "Break my heart". Only [MENTION=4911]kopachka[/MENTION] and me placed it last while [MENTION=14118]LesterMalvo[/MENTION] scandalous 9 points weren't enough for my fav. Nevertheless, good luck! xrose

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] for the extremely relevant snapshot of Louisianan country rock legend Lucinda Williams.

Oh well, that 1 point from me doesn't mean that I don't like the winning song, but I liked more the other options, especially "Break my heart". Only [MENTION=4911]kopachka[/MENTION] and me placed it last while [MENTION=14118]LesterMalvo[/MENTION] scandalous 9 points weren't enough for my fav. Nevertheless, good luck! xrose

Yeah, you hinted in your private message that you didn't necessarily dislike your 1;) A lot of people pushed extra hard with their points for "Break My Heart". Five people gave it 7+ whereas the winner only had a couple of votes that were 7+. That would have been a fun, if slightly scary song to send. Super fast paced and over in a flash. I adore the cute music video for it as well. I'm sorry I couldn't please you with that one. Anyway, thank you dear Cesarxheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you very much for pushing La Sera into the finalxheart I prepared myself for possible failure this edition, and especially after a bunch of what I thought were shock qualifiers during the results show, I was like "yup, final ain't happening", but we made it! Cool beans. Much appreciated.

I'm still undecided on what to do for next edition. I was thinking of moving but i'd be leaving a certain gentleman behind who i'm very keen to send, but at the same time i'm terrified, as it's another one of those artists that means a ridiculous amount to me.

To Cronin or not to Cronin next edition? That is the question...... TO HELL WITH IT! I'll Croninxheat until I change my mind at the last moment and chicken outxheart The ridiculously sincere garage rocker Mikal Cronin is my WV59 entrant probably.

Mikal-Cronin-2.jpg

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Please I've Been Loved or Piano Mantra or i) Alone or LITERALLY ANYTHING THIS MAN HAS EVER DONE xheart

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Loving the text in white! If you do go ahead then I will be happy to see the chap at WV. :) Well done on qualifying this edition too! Overjoyed to have you in the final! :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Please I've been loved xbow

Do you want to be drinking my delicious tears when it fails? My poor little heart. I'd be a wreck again like I was when I sent Judeexcry1

"I've Been Loved" though, ain't it just great?xheat even after countess listens it still gives me a pain in my chest. I think it's one of the most overwhelmingly forward songs i've ever heard. I don't know how to explain it but it just destroys me. That song of course ended up drawing with "Weight" in my NF. Plus i've got other special Mikal songs as well I could very well end up considering
eb2.gif

And woah, all three Mikal Cronin fans posting in my topic one after the otherxyes

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Only go ahead if you feel ready to [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]. I am a big fan of his music, but don't want you worrying hugely about him whilst the contest is on so I'd completely understand if you decided not to.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Only go ahead if you feel ready to [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]. I am a big fan of his music, but don't want you worrying hugely about him whilst the contest is on so I'd completely understand if you decided not to.

Well to be honest, I think I just need to calm the frig down. It's a game. The whole point is I want to share music that's special to me with people (which is what i've been doing) but I take things way too seriously, I suppose because i'm overly passionate. I need to chill and just share some Mikal Cronin with people. He was my number 1 reason for moving to Pacific so I won't back out, no matter how nervous I get. He's a coming!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Well to be honest, I think I just need to calm the frig down. It's a game. The whole point is I want to share music that's special to me with people (which is what i've been doing) but I take things way too seriously, I suppose because i'm overly passionate. I need to chill and just share some Mikal Cronin with people. He was my number 1 reason for moving to Pacific so I won't back out, no matter how nervous I get. He's a coming!

I'm glad to hear it, but there's nothing to be ashamed of if you're worried about the reaction. It takes a hell of a lot to cope with people potentially criticising someone you've loved for years and some people can be quite blunt with their comments.

ShoeFlo

You sent different kinds of artists, rock songs and melancholic ballads, that mean a lot to you and all of them (apart of Kurt) were received well. You are currently one of the most successful players here although NO of your entries have been a "scorewhore", basically most of them are "risky" choices.
I don't think that you have to think too much about if people will like Mikal or how he will do with his songs... just relax, enjoy the appreciation you get here in the community and if you fail with Mikal you still have great memories on previous WVs xup

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States - WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard / Mikal Cronin coming WV59

WV59 - Mikal Cronin NF

I'm sorry. I just couldn't help myself. I'm cementing my next entry with an NF. No filler here, just three Mikal Cronin songs I honest to god can't choose between. You've got the overwhelmingly poignant "I've Been Loved", and the soaring garage rock epic "Weight". Both songs tied at my Ariel Pink Vs. Mikal Cronin NF. The two are joined by a third piece, the achingly beautiful "v) Different" which I uploaded to youtube today. Three very different sides to the Californian rocker, but each song full of sincerity and beauty. Please, if you find yourself attracted to any of the songs on offer here then i'd just love it if you'd help me to pick one.

I'm giving you 7 points to share between the three songs. You CAN use the same number twice. 5/1/1, 4/2/1, 3/3/1 or 3/2/2 WOAH much freedom. If you've got a clear favourite here (or rather you only like one song) then i'm allowing you to push for it. If you adore all three songs or like just a couple then i'd really appreciate one of the less dramatic voting sets. I'm besotted with all three of the songs pretty much equally and the goal here is to find the song that will reach out to the most people possible. PM me your points by the midnight before the submission deadline for the next contest. Thank you so much for your time and help.

Thank you very much for voting:

:us::lond::si:be::pugl:nrwe::no::cali::pl::pe::de::tt::svea:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Pacific States - WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard / Mikal Cronin NF page 18 (only 3 songs)

I shall be voting in this soon! Very soon... :D

Genesis

Re: Pacific States - WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard / Mikal Cronin NF page 18 (only 3 songs)

Oh god. I need. To. Vote. In. This. Will. Soon

xfaint

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

The Duke of :lond: has voted. What a NF. xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard​

maxresdefault.jpg

10th in the final with 145 points
8th in the semi with 73 points / 1st Reju with 90 points

Thank you to everyone that helped La Sera reach the top 10 (That Reju 1st in the semixheat). I'm so delighted with this result. As i've said before, this edition was supposed to be a bit of a break for me as I got super stressed the previous one when I sent Judee Sill. I love this joyful little La Sera garage pop-rock treat but I wouldn't have been too down had it not succeeded. I'm glad a great variety of jurors got behind the song, including some first time voters who have never voted for my songs before. Sending my love to all the countries and regions belowxheart Hope I didn't miss any out.

:12: xwhistle
:10: :lond::sl::svea::lv:
:8: :us::sobr::mt::en:
:7: :pl:
:6: :de::mn:
:5: ::neen:at:
:4: :tw::ar:::onta:nl::sc::tt:
:3: ::atti:no::ma::au:
:2: :il:::sg
:1: :fi:::newy::ctln::pugl

I've got an NF going on at the moment if you haven't yet noticed. Could be sending some more rock next edition. Three very different Mikal Cronin songs i'm sharing which are very dear to me, so yup.. another stressful, nail biting edition incoming. No pressure to vote if you listen and none of the songs are for you, but maybe go check them out. I really want to send the right song of the three.

Top Bottom