Pacific States 🌊 WV 190: Allie X - Black Eye

Marcos C

kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States - WV57 - Judee Sill - The Kiss / La Sera Vs. Foxygen NF on page 14

[MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] thank you for your questions. I've added them to the post.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States - WV57 - Judee Sill - The Kiss / La Sera Vs. Foxygen NF on page 14

On 9 votes now which is fantastic. Thank you to everyone that's voted. Thrilled to have some more new voters, L'ester from Turkey and Neko from Singaporexheartxheart Thanks guys.

I can reveal that three countries are super close, just one point between each of them.... but are those three in the lead or trailing behind. The stray song is either 14 points ahead or behind them:rolleyes:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Yay, into double digits. Thank you dear Ringdalen of Norwayxheart And thank you to Cinderella of Romania as wellxheart Another first time voter, yayxheat

Edit: Thank you Carrie of Taiwan as well for your votesxheart

Goodness, I think I just beat my NF record. I think 11 voters might have been the highest I had previously and now 12xyes Thanks everyone:p

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Can some of those twelve head over to London please? Only had eight so far... :p

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

WV58 - Judee Sill - The Kiss

stacks_image_1697.jpg

3rd in the Final with 180 points
5th in the Semi Final with 83 points / 1st Reju with 79 points

I think you probably know by now how touched I am by the support for Judee Sill. To come third, only six points behind the winner is just extraordinary. Thank you for indulging me in my melancholic songs. Thank you for all the lovely words and comments this edition. It really has been quite overwhelming. I was hopeful my song would be appreciated but I never could have imagined such a reaction as it got. It really has meant something to me. Lot's of love to all the countries and regions below, and of course their jurors.

:12: :ca::is:::newy:lond::svea:::brit
:10: ::pugl:il::de::no:
:8: ::ctln:sl:
:7: ::ista:en:
:6: xwhistle
:5: ::eang:tt::lv:
:4: :nl:
:3: :ng:::atti:au::co::sc:
:2: :at::pe:
:1: ::neen

Almost beat my Countess record but wasn't to be. Until the end of time shall she hold my most successful WorldVision song with "Chic C'est La Vie". I don't know whether to laugh or cry......... i'll do bothxcry1xrofl Is this the last you'll see of Judee Sill? Maybe.. maybe not? Perhaps i'll get her out again next December? She only released two albums but Judee's got plenty more celestial gorgeousness where that came from.

My La Sera VS. Foxygen NF is still going on if anyone is interested. We don't have a landslide winner at all at the moment or anything.. no sireexwhistlexshifty

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

*cough* and also a wonderful single point from the NEEN which should've been higher but it was such a good final for me *cough*

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

*cough* and also a wonderful single point from the NEEN which should've been higher but it was such a good final for me *cough*

Ooops my apologies Conntxheart Every point was precious including yours. Looking forward to a hot contest in the mysterious lands of NEEN.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you very much to Peru of Cesar (Peru's very own Tom of Finland) for the NF votes. It's exciting to have this many. I totally was expecting about 7 or 8 again, so 13 is fantastic.

Deadline is the 8th of this month, 23:59 CET if anyone else still fancies voting. I'll admit one song was looking unbeatable, but the last few voters have thrown in a spanner. The winning song can be caught now. Dark horse emerging!

DaFlo

Banned

hold on, that should be 14 voters, you've not received my votes? :O #scandal

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Much scandal and outrage, the Pacific States WV broadcaster clearly want to fix the results and the Ontarian votes stopped a certain song from taking a lead, so all evidence of them burnt. I demand a full inquiry into the Pacific States NF conduct.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

hold on, that should be 14 voters, you've not received my votes? :O #scandal

Goodness, i'm sorry Flo. Good job I still had the message. It was opened. I remember receiving them from you yesterday. I just for some reason forgot to write them down. Forgive me. All this scandal lately. Forgetting to include Connt's 1 for Judee in my thank you post and now not writing down your votes. To jail for 500 years I go.

Much scandal and outrage, the Pacific States WV broadcaster clearly want to fix the results and the Ontarian votes stopped a certain song from taking a lead, so all evidence of them burnt. I demand a full inquiry into the Pacific States NF conduct.

Yes, and it also appears Pacific States forgot to add the NRW votes as well. I'll add them now..

0. Break My Heart
0. Coulda Been My Love
0. 10 Headed Goat Wizard
0. How Can You Really

Thank you for voting Ashley.

tumblr_nvwzuo6N5w1uhmbpyo1_1280.jpg

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yes, and it also appears Pacific States forgot to add the NRW votes as well. I'll add them now..

0. Break My Heart
0. Coulda Been My Love
0. 10 Headed Goat Wizard
0. How Can You Really

Thank you for voting Ashley.

tumblr_nvwzuo6N5w1uhmbpyo1_1280.jpg
Enjoy 0 for all. xox

giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION]

tumblr_nw8dy8e4zo1uhmbpyo1_1280_1.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

815110842_1489821.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you King Mario of Poland for your votesxheart That's 15 voters now. Woahhh!

The winner who was leading comfortably from the third voter has finally been caught, and can be struck down with just one vote. The song in second is getting some massive pushes from people. Something interesting worth mentioning is that the current runner up has five voters who gave it at least 7 points, but the song winning has just a couple. The songs in third and fourth are pretty much dead unless the whole of WorldVision votes. They are each nearly 30 points behind the leader. One of the flops actually kind of shocks me, as I thought it would be up there fighting for the win.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

No more points received these last couple of the days but a big thank you to the fifteen of you who gave me your votes. I wasn't expecting so many. The NF is now over and i'm excited to reveal the winner and to see how well it goes down with the WorldVision community. I hope you enjoyed the songs on offer and like the chosen tune.

Some facts about the winning song:

Received top points from seven voters

Receive the lowest points from two voters

Five people placed the winning song second

1. 72
2. 64
3. 46
4. 43

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard​

LaSera2.jpg

Yes, you picked this big old dose of sunshine garage rock as the song for my WorldVision 58 entry. La Sera obliterated poor Foxygen which is sad, but what that means is that you hopefully really enjoyed the two top placing songs and the artist i'm sending.

La Sera are a three piece band based in Los Angeles, California. The band features Katy Goodman (former Vivian Girls member), Todd Wisenbaker and Daniel Gomez. La Sera formed in 2010 after Katy moved from New York to California on a whim. The band are part of the Burger Records gang, a super cool Californian record label that still releases music on cassette. Fellow label mates include Mikal Cronin, Hunx, NoBunny, Shannon and the Clams, King Tuff and Ty Segall.

"10 Headed Goat Wizard" is the strangely titled song i'll be sharing with WorldVision this edition. I started listening to the band a few years back and forgot about them for a while, but really got back into them after hearing this song. I just love it. So infectious and hypnotic. I can't help but sway to it. Gotta love jangly guitars.

I couldn't have found you if I wasn't looking
You keep your best hid away
Double over in pain, it's just like the rain
Rain don't come much round this way

I think I know, yeah, but who can be certain
Sometimes my thoughts slip away
And I look to those days overgrown in haze
Drink like a flower in the rain
Look to those days, overgrown in haze
Drink like a flower in the rain

And I'll bow to the sun and salute everyone
Kneel on a knee for I'm reverent of He
He who won't take my, He who won't take my
He who won't take my love away

I couldn't have found you if I wasn't looking
I'd give my best hit away
And double the pain, you would like the rain
Double the pain, you would like the rain

And I'll bow to the sun and salute everyone
Kneel on a knee for I'm reverent of He

And I'll blow Him a kiss and thank God I exist

NF Results

vmGPf8Y.png

Poor Foxygen:( I really thought that "How Can You Really" would be up there fighting it out for the win. Combining each artists songs together La Sera had 136 points and Foxygen only 89. That's a 47 point difference. Foxygen only ended up with two first finishes in your rankings, one for each song. "10 Headed Goat Wizard" was comfortably leading from very early on until "Break My Heart" started receiving big points, but it wasn't enough. Thank you once again to all the voters and I hope you enjoy the song.

Katy-Goodman-of-All-Saints-Day.jpg

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Pacific States - WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard

Utterly wonderful, fabulous and amazing song [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]. I really enjoy it and am hugely impressed by the fact that you can send two such differently amazing songs in succession. Please win. xheart

Ringdalen

Re: Pacific States - WV58 - La Sera - 10 Headed Goat Wizard

Awesome winner xbow xlove

Fantastic to see La Sera in WV, thank you for introducing them to me xrunhug xcheer

Top Bottom