OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

DaFlo

Banned
Re: Pacific States - WV56 - Ariel Pink - Put Your Number In My Phone

1. Your favourite RainyWoods WorldVision song:

Kurt F-Ing Vile - Pretty Pimpin

2. Garage Rock / Hot Pop Hits / Melancholy balladry / Psyche Pop / Lo-fi delights - Rate these in order of your preference:

Hot Pop Hits > Psyche Pop >Lo-fi delights > Melancholy balladry > Garage Rock

3. Folk / Psychedelic Rock / Rap / Bubblegum Punk / Jazz - Which of these as of yet not sent genres would you like to see from me?

Rap. But I also wouldn't mind Rap. Oh and as a third option I can recommend you Rap.

4. Garage Rock & Lo-fi NF / Hunx NF / Mikal Cronin NF / Mr Burns NF / Drag Queens of the Pacific NF / (Another) Super Dooper NF (with many genres) / eternal internal selections - Which of these (if any) turn you on the most?

Mr Burns and Super Dooper NF

5. Are you a fan of Kurt Vile? Choices: Yes / Yes I am / Certainly / Why of course / He's pretty pimpin I must say

He's pretty pimpin I must say :cool:

6. Would you like to see a Kurt Vile comeback? / If yes, what kind of song would you like to hear from him?

Yes please, dunno about song tho, they are all very much on point.

7. How did Kurt Vile's WorldVision flop affect your life?

I still haven't recovered from this shock. I'm slowly starting to live a normal life again, but everytime I think about the moment when Kurt failed I fall back into a deep depression.

8. Which of my NF songs that didn't win would you have most liked to have seen at WV (pick as many as you like)?

Super Bass

ShoeFlo

Everybody starts with this reflection thing xfaint xcrazy looks like I gotta do it soon as well

Anyway

1. Your favourite RainyWoods WorldVision song: That's a difficult question... I think "Hope There's Someone" still has the lead because it was simply an incredible discovery for me, "Put your Number in my Phone" and "I'm going away smiling" are fighting for the second place.

2. Garage Rock / Hot Pop Hits / Melancholy balladry / Psyche Pop / Lo-fi delights - Rate these in order of your preference:
1. Melancholy balladry
2. Garage Rock
3. Psyche
4. Lo-fi delights
97. Hot Pop Hits

I would be happy with 1. 2. and 3. I'm not so sure about Lo-fi. I don't think I'm very familiar with this genre but I guess I would like it

3. Folk / Psychedelic Rock / Rap / Bubblegum Punk / Jazz - Which of these as of yet not sent genres would you like to see from me?

Folk & Psychedelic Rock xpray Jazz could work for me cause in the choir I'm taking part we sing some Jazz songs so it grew on me a bit

4. Garage Rock & Lo-fi NF / Hunx NF / Mikal Cronin NF / Mr Burns NF / Drag Queens of the Pacific NF / (Another) Super Dooper NF (with many genres) / eternal internal selections - Which of these (if any) turn you on the most?
Everything looks attractive for me apart of Hunx and Draq Queens. Internal selection would save my time :lol: but then again I've always loved your NFs xheart

5. Are you a fan of Kurt Vile? Choices: Yes / Yes I am / Certainly / Why of course / He's pretty pimpin I must say
Yes, certainly, of course I am. Why?

6. Would you like to see a Kurt Vile comeback? / If yes, what kind of song would you like to hear from him?
Yes, would be nice. "Never Run away" is fantastic. I think that I also like "Jesus Fever" at least I just found it on my spotify list.

I'm still in psychological care cause the panic attacks still happen sometimes but I'm on a good way.

8. Which of my NF songs that didn't win would you have most liked to have seen at WV (pick as many as you like)?
I'll Be Your Mirror, Eyes to the Wind, Melody, Elephant Woman, Lucky Guy, Never Run Away, I've Been Loved, Dayzed in Daydreams

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

1. Well the two songs I gave points to are "I'm Going Away Smiling" and "The Way It Is", with Yoko just being my favourite.

EDIT: My wonderful other half has just informed me that one of your pre-Lupus entries was one that knocked me for six when I heard it over Thanksgiving. Let me therefore add at the top of the list: "Hope There's Someone".

2. Garage Rock / Hot Pop Hits / Melancholy balladry / Psyche Pop / Lo-fi I cannot answer this question. I have no idea what half of those terms mean...

3. Folk and avoid rap please please!

4. Mikal Cronin NF, possibly the drag queens one and definitely a super dooper one! :)

5. Not really...

6. Not really...

7. I was sad that a friend of mine didn't qualify.

8. "Bread" and "Weight" stand out hugely for me. Possibly others were good, but my memory is only giving me those two!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

THAT'S THE REASON! If you held a Hunx NF I'm sure there will be only his songs but with a Bubblegum Punk NF we can't avoid a NoBunny's song! :mrgreen:

But he's so adorablexheart

547407-1376-7.jpg

Thank you dear [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] for taking my survey that wasn't made because I was jealous of the ones everyone else have been runningxheart

Some hot opinions shared there. You're probably right that I should send some Jazz sooner or later. I have indeed tried on a couple of occasions and have had mixed results. Billie Holiday flopped hard in my first NF with one of my favourite songs ever, so i'm very reluctant to send something from her. Melody Gardot did very well with her melancholic jazz ballad and should have been my next entry after Nicole. Big regrets there.

A big genre crossing NF with all the artists I adore from California were my original plans for after Christmas but i'm not so sure now. There always does seem to be the inevitable winner there, with the other songs I love being wasted. It felt refreshing doing the small four song NF for this edition as I had no idea what would win, and they were all songs that wouldn't have stood a chance had I plonked them in an NF with some lady lamenting over a piano ballad.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Am so emotional because everyone is taking my surveyxheart I feel your passion. Thank you for all your opinions. I shall slowly get back to you dear people with responses. Am so overwhelmed. Cannot breathe.. help me.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Am so emotional because everyone is taking my surveyxheart I feel your passion. Thank you for all your opinions. I shall slowly get back to you dear people with responses. Am so overwhelmed. Cannot breathe.. help me.

I can delete my post if it helps... ;) Nah, it's always nice to hear people asking what we think. It's a jolly sensible idea.

revallsay

Chic C'est La Vie, it's G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S xqueenbitch

Could youls you speak English, please?

Hello, my name is potato.

large.gif

nicki-minaj.gif

The one that music video is white and he wears white suit.

Like nothing elese did before.

tumblr_lnk41tuG4X1ql0vijo1_500.gif

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Ahoy hoy. It is I, lavieenrose. Am writing of my own accord to say that I love the Quen R. You have the most self and are the best RainyWoods ever. You are an exotic beauty, but while you are physically perfect, it is your heart and soul that are so lovely. Yours forever, LVER

PS
sofi-marinova-dancing-gif.gif

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

I wasn't going to do any of these survey things that everyone is suddenly doing for some unknown reason, but I couldn't miss this opportunity to troll yours.

Countess Luann.

1) Hot Pop Hits 2) Melancholy balladry ..... 568767) The rest

:lol: Probably Rap.

Mr Burns NF. xheat

1zf05ld.jpg

No.

I celebrated it's failure.
xshifty
giphy.gif

Necki Minij - Superbass xheat

Countess Luann - Chic C'est La Vie

I can't. I don't want to choose but ok, if you like. Yes. Lo-fi delight with the mixture of the Melancholy balladry is a combination of dreams.

All can we see please.

Hunx NF

He's pretty pimpin I must say

Yes. I would like to see of him a song perhaps of a different side, like a folk ballad. Or maybe Jesus Fever.

It make me cry. I don't understand the event of it failing. Was so many emotions I felt. I hope to see him back one day. I will pray for much success on his return.

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Are You Going To Look After My Boys?

Ciao, warms embraces from Valentino.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Favourite NF songs that didn't make it to WV:

3 mentions

The Velvet Underground & Nico - I'll Be Your Mirror
Nicki Minaj - Super Bass (?)

2 mentions

Mikal Cronin - I've Been Loved
Todd Rundgren - Bread
The War On Drugs - Eyes To The Wind
Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm
Meredith Monk - Double Fiesta
Blonde Redhead - Elephant Woman
Blonde Redhead - Melody

1 mention

Mikal Cronin - Weight
Melody Gardot - If Ever I Recall Your Face
David Bowie - Valentine's Day
Billie Holiday - Don't Explain
Todd Rundgren - Lucky Guy
Kurt Vile - Never Run Away
Ariel Pink - Dayzed Inn Daydreams

Most requested artist:
Todd Rundgren, Mikal Cronin, Nicki Minaj (each received 3 mentions from separate people)

Favourite Style of music: Melancholy Balladry, closely followed by Hot Pop Hits

Most Attractive NF proposal: Mr Burns NF

Most requested Genre: Rap

For a Kurt Vile comeback: 4 people + feathered friend
Against Kurt Vile comeback: 3 people

And after putting all of these statistics into our very special super computer, the results are.........

colossus-computer.jpg

giphy.gif

NOBUNNY NF
Nobunny-y-Bad-Sports-290313-siroco.jpg

Coming to you sometime before 2093. Stayed tuned ladies and gentlemen.

ke4co6.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

WV56 - Ariel Pink - Put Your Number In My Phone

57.jpg

24th in the Final with 83 points
PQ entry

So 24th for Ariel, the same placing Kurt got but the difference being here that Ariel was magically placed into the final. I can't complain at all about this result knowing the genre of music I presented. I'm so grateful to the fourteen people that appreciated my entry. In fact that number is wrong as I know a few expressed with regret how they didn't have enough points this edition to award the song something. Thank you to those people too. I knew this final would be a tough one for me the moment we got a picture of all the finalists. I could no longer count on my "holy gosh, this final is crap, I have nothing to vote for, but oh look, Rainy is there with some.... song" points. The final was just too strong for certain tastes. 83 points is delicious though. Thank you very much to all of you.

:12: :en:
:10: ::newy
:8: :is::ve::sobr:
:7: ::neen
:6: ::vict::pugl:nl:
:5: :tt:
:4: :pe:
:3: xwhistle
:2: xwhistle
:1: ::onta:tr::lv:

That 12 from Gera is as big as the surprise I had when Amir told me Kurt would have got his 12, had he reju voted. That really had made my night. Thank you Geraxrunhug Also Calvin's 10xheart You have been so kind to me, and without you in this competition i'd feel very... I don't know, on the outside maybe? We both worship each others tastesxheat The odds of finding two people who are into Quens of yesteryear, "indie" rock, hot pop, general weirdness and eccentricity, cry jams and Rezarta Smaja.

I've gotta also thank Flo who I too feel very close to musically. Your 8 for Ariel means a lotxheart As does the 8 from Tinchey (who I knew disliked Ariel as a person so it was cool that was looked past) and the lovely fer from Southeast Brazil for the 8 as well. Another juror who's taste I appreciate very much.

Heck, i'll thank you all. Thank you Connt for that wondrous 7xheat Krabab, Kris, the Dutch juror for the 6xheart Dear rev for the 5, awesome Cesar for 4 and then hip DaFlo, Aigars (sorry for spelling your name wrong before) and L'ester for the 1xheart

Judee Sill is coming out for the next edition and it will see the return of my melancholic side. All the songs i've sent are ones I adore, but this next one tops them all in terms of what it means to me. Yup, I put it even above Antony and The Velvet Underground & Nico.

Good day to you all.

tumblr_mwijguiHpx1shxe70o1_400.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

YOU GET AN ANNOYING MENTION, YOU GET AN ANNOYING MENTION... YOU GET AN ANNOYING MENTION, YOU GET AN ANNOYING MENTION, EVERYONE GETS AN ANNOYING MENTION!!! (except the people that don't get an annoying mention)

oprah6.gif

Word around town is that surveys are out, and that WorldVision top lists are very much in. This next edition I think will be my 10th (8th taking part) and so i've heard a fair few songs now. Must be over 500. When I first joined I was like.. oh dear, i'm not going to enjoy this, but quickly that turned out to be quite the opposite. All the songs below are for me in the "really like" category to absolutely hand on heart LOVE. Thanks for sending them!

Top 50 WorldVision discoveries

01. :sobr: Alice Caymmi - Como Vês [MENTION=13948]fer20[/MENTION]
02. :ve: Arca - Wound [MENTION=6519]Tinchey[/MENTION]
03. :cali: Martha Wash - Carry On [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION]
04. :cl: Javiera Mena - Luz De Piedra De Luna [MENTION=9461]nekoisneko[/MENTION]
05. ::ista Sezen Aksu - Kacin Kurasi [MENTION=4911]kopachka[/MENTION]
06. :mk: Kaliopi & Esma - Bel Den (Lavieenrose)
07. :is: Tilbury - Tenderloin [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION]
08. :de: Herbert Grönemeyer - Der Weg [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION]
09. :is: Ásgeir - Dýrð í dauðaþögn (Whiteshoes)
10. :lond: Fascinating Aida - Cheap Flights [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION]
11. :sobr: Novos Baianos - Preta pretinha (fer20)
12. :mt: Chiara - My Zarbun [MENTION=12986]Romeo[/MENTION]
13. :mt: Amelia Hope - Story of my Life (Romeo)
14. :pl: Shazza - Bajao Bongo [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION]
15. :ve: Aldemaro Romero And His Onda Nueva - Pajarillo En Onda Nueva (Tinchey)
16. :cali: Robert DeLong - Don't Wait Up (Lavieenrose)
17. :lond: KDA feat. Tinie Tempah, Katy B - Turn The Music Louder (Rumble) [MENTION=13314]DaFlo[/MENTION]
18. :is: Low Roar - Friends Make Garbage (Whiteshoes)
19. ::neen Karen Harding - Say Something [MENTION=8534]conwel97[/MENTION]
20. :lond: Kwabs - Walk (DaFlo)
21. :no: Susanne Sundfor - Delirious [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION]
22. :mn: Shinetsog - Huhtumur Unumunkhlei! [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION]
23. :lv: Vīru Kopa 'Vilki' - Tumšis Bija, Gaišis Tapa [MENTION=10639]as78[/MENTION]
24. ::subc Justyna Steczkowska - Kochankowie Syreny [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION]
25. :ie: Father Ted and Father Dougal - My Lovely Horse (Lupus)
26. :pl: Ich Troje - Play in Team (revallsay)
27. :svea: Sofia Karlsson - Alltid Dig Nära [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION]
28. ::brit Brittany Gwalam - Karantez Vro [MENTION=15002]Gaoithe[/MENTION]
29. :li:sb Anabela - Começar de Novo [MENTION=7797]AdelAdel[/MENTION]
30. :svea: E-Type - Russian Lullaby (Stargazer)
31. :il: Kokoro - Tasmanian Devil [MENTION=12072]Amir[/MENTION]
32. :kz: Kesh You - Ryzamin [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION]
33. ::neen Cheryl - Call My Name (conwel97)
34. :tr: Edis - Olmamış Mı? [MENTION=14118]LesterMalvo[/MENTION]
35. :ca: Kiesza - Stronger [MENTION=12510]esc87fan[/MENTION]
36. :ve: Yva Las Vegass - Crack Whore (Tinchey)
37. ::eang Laura Wright - Barber's Agnus Dei [MENTION=14124]Carrie[/MENTION]
38. :nrwe: Cascada - Night Nurse [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION]
39. :marm: Gülşen - Bangır Bangır [MENTION=11624]NoraZineb[/MENTION]
40. :ir: Sogand - The Lom [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION]
41. ::onta Drake - Worst Behavior @DaFleekHipFlo
42. ::atti In Vox - On the Highway [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION]
43. :ua: Olya Polyakova - Shlyopki [MENTION=14174]Koori[/MENTION]
44. :pl: Michał Szpak - Real Hero (revallsay)
45. :es: Natalia Jimenez - Creo En Mi [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION]
46. :cali: R.E.M. - The Great Beyond (lavieenrose)
47. :no: Aurora - Runaway [MENTION=8788]chontono[/MENTION]
48. :pe: DJ JB feat. Maricuchita & La Beto - Agüita de Coco [MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION]
49. ::eang Alesha Dixon - The Way We Are (Carrie)
50. ::nswa Paulini - By My Side [MENTION=12800]Adrian[/MENTION]

Top 15 songs I already knew

01. :is: Ólafur Arnalds - Fyrsta (whiteshoes)
02. :jp: Crystal Kay - Superman (nekoisneko)
03. :ua: Loboda - Revoljucija (Koori)
04. ::vict Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Straight To You [MENTION=15022]krabab[/MENTION]
05. :pe: Yma Sumac - Gopher Mambo (cegs5)
06. ::mosc t.A.T.u - All The Things She Said (DaFlo)
07. :is: Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla (whiteshoes)
08. :ie: Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To You (JamieBrown)
09. :uk: The Reynolds Girls - I'd Rather Jack [MENTION=6221]Mozz[/MENTION]
10. :kz: Zhanar Dugalova - Izin Korem (Gera11)
11. ::neen Amelia Lily - You Bring Me Joy (Gabe)
12. :ca: Loreena Mckennitt - The Mystic's Dream (esc87fan)
13. :ca: Nelly Furtado - Turn Off The Lights (esc87fan)
14. :us: Britney Spears - Everytime [MENTION=10674]Staewi[/MENTION]
15. ::newy Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (lavieenrose)

Overall top 10 (mixing both the songs I already knew and new discoveries)

01. :is: Ólafur Arnalds - Fyrsta (whiteshoes)
02. :sobr: Alice Caymmi - Como Vês (fer20)
03. :jp: Crystal Kay - Superman (nekoisneko)
04. :ua: Loboda - Revoljucija (Koori)
05. :ve: Arca - Wound (Tinchey)
06. :cali: Martha Wash - Carry On (lavieenrose)
07. :cl: Javiera Mena - Luz De Piedra De Luna (nekoisneko)
08. ::ista Sezen Aksu - Kacin Kurasi (kopachka)
09. :mk: Kaliopi & Esma - Bel Den (Lavieenrose)
10. :is: Tilbury - Tenderloin (whiteshoes)

So yup, dear whiteshoes wins the gold overall for my favourite WorldVision song, but it was a piece of music i'd already been besotted with for years. Not that that lessened the impact of the song being sent. It still really touched me to see it taking part in the contest. The biggest discovery for me by quite far is fer20's magnificent "Como Vês". My lastfm page has logged over 50 plays of the song, which hasn't happened for any other WV discovery. I fell in love with it and can't thank you enough for introducing me to the song and artist. Then we have Tinchey's "Wound" that made me cry gosh how I was taken in by this short piece of experimental, electronic gorgeousness. And my anthem and feel good favourite, the high energy super hit.. it can only be "Carry On" by the Quen Martha Wash. An absolutely iconic piece that has given me much strength since you introduced me to the song Calvinxheart

And now for some final, inspiring words courtesy of Amanda Lear. Just remember I waant much mooore.. I waaant Garage ROCCKKK AND ROLLLLLL

Ciao x​

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Outrageous that Cascada is only at 38. I shall sue.

edit: Also fail mentions. xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Goodness, gosh, thank you dear Rainy xheart xheat xheat.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Outrageous that Cascada is only at 38. I shall sue.

edit: Also fail mentions. xheart

If it's any consolation to you, Little Mix were on the list but I had 51 songs and wanted to make it a nice even 50 numberxqueenbitch and fine, take me to courtxheat

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

If it's any consolation to you, Little Mix were on the list but I had 51 songs and wanted to make it a nice even 50 numberxqueenbitch and fine, take me to courtxheat

NO IT ISN'T. I DEMAND A SPECIAL CASCADA LIST WITH THEM ALL AT NUMBER 1.

DaFlo

Banned

DaFleekHipFlo

ahahaha made my day xrofl2 xrofl2

4 entries of mine, thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them xlove

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Crystal Kay's classic unreleased number "Superstar" xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

NO IT ISN'T. I DEMAND A SPECIAL CASCADA LIST WITH THEM ALL AT NUMBER 1.

New special butter list especially for Ashley.

1. :nrwe: Cascada - Night Nurse (AshleyWright)
2. :nrwe: Cascada - That cover (AshleyWright)
3. :nrwe: Cascada - someting something dancefloor something rave (AshleyWright)
4. :en: Lil' Mix - DNA (AshleyWright)
5. :en: Foxes - Flop hit (AshleyWright)
6. :en: Fastfood Rockers - That song I made you send and then only gave you 5 or 6 points (AshleyWright)

569. ::rw All other WorldVision songs (other people not AshleyWright)
facebook-poop-emoticon.jpg
A lump of poo
671. ::emdl Lawson - Some Pop Rock for Children ages 3 to 5 (AshleyWright & revallsay)

Is that better?

Top Bottom