OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States | wv 30

XPqyaPu.png

Recap

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Pacific states song selection for WorldVision 56. What's that I hear you sigh? "You promised us you wouldn't treat us to another one of your agonizing NF's until the new year?" Well, stuff happens. I'm not in the final, i'm bored waah wanna do another NF. After the tragic failure of Kurt Vile, i'm taking precaution this time. I wanna send another rock song but i'm chickening out and wanna let you lot choose for me. Three (i'll explain later) Two of my favourite artists I really want to send, my two favourite songs from each of them and no filler. If you're interested, I would just love for you to help me choose my first Pacific entry.

The voting is going to be a little different here so listen up. I'm giving you 15 points to spend on the songs and you can spend these points almost however you wish. The only rule is that you can't use the same number twice and no 0's. So make me a sum of 15 without using any number twice basically. Edit: Minus points are not allowed

Here is an example how you could vote

6 points Weight
4 points Put Your Number In My Phone
3 points I've Been Loved
2 points Dayzed Inn Daydreams

Here's another example and the most drastic style in which you can vote if you're evil and have a super favourite worth killing the rest off for...

9 points I've Been Loved
3 points Dazed In Daydreams
2 points Weight
1 point Put Your Number In My Phone

Voting templates in the spoiler below for those like me who can't into the challenging word of Math
Thank you Calvin Vorderman for these

Q&A

Q: Mr Woods pet, why can I not give all the songs 1 point? AW, from somewhere xo
A: ................

Q: Hey hun, what's with the dashed out "three artists"?
A: Originally the NF was going to have three artists taking part, each with two songs. Umm then disaster kind of struck. I was just about to upload the NF then went onto wikipedia to find out some facts about The Orwells... and they are based in Chicago............. yup. For some reason I had them on my Pacific shortlist. I even made banners and the recap. I was so annoyed. I thought of adding Hunx And His Punx as a replacement but i'm not in a very troll mood at the moment. Mikal Cronin and Ariel Pink are two of my favourite male artists ever so it's probably worked out well this way. I love The Orwells as well but those two are on another level for mexheart

Q: Am so emotion because Hunx is not there. Why?
A: I'm sorry. I love Hunx and I know he is a fan favourite. He's cult stuff though and i'm unsure his cult is big enough yet. We must first let it grow to a Countess Luann size, then... THEN we can think of Hunx and his fantabulous Punx.

Deadline - night before song submission date

Thank you for voting:

::newy:lond::is:::pugl::onta:nrwe::tt:::neen​

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I can't give 4 0s?
Boycott. Worst NFing ever. Stick to the day job, oh wait...don't. LOL

(::newy will vote momentarily)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
:lond: will vote this evening all being well! :) Never heard of either artist, so looking forwards to hearing them. And interesting voting system; can't wait to manipulate it! ;)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:lond: will vote this evening all being well! :) Never heard of either artist, so looking forwards to hearing them. And interesting voting system; can't wait to manipulate it! ;)

Your Carol Vorderman of a boyfriend just worked out that there are actually only SIX possible ways to vote. My mind is blown.

I hope you'll enjoy the songs Lupus. I'm still working out your taste. I know you liked Todd Rundgren so you at least seem one for rock! Looking forward to receiving your votes:p

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Your Carol Vorderman of a boyfriend just worked out that there are actually only SIX possible ways to vote. My mind is blown.

I hope you'll enjoy the songs Lupus. I'm still working out your taste. I know you liked Todd Rundgren so you at least seem one for rock! Looking forward to receiving your votes:p

Cripes, he's right! Hahaha! Nice method; it gives the impression of so much choice, and yet...

I've changed my mind; this is now breakfast entertainment! Votes will be in within half an hour or so!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
:lond: has voted! -1000ish to all the songs I hated and +3015 to the one I liked! ;) Sorry [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], there's more than six ways of voting it seems! :p

ShoeFlo

Since you forbid using the same number of points twice I apparently can't boost only one song and give a 12-1-1-1 voting for example...
So my plan to take revenge for these destroying, misusing, inhuman, sadistic & diabolic votings you casted in my previous NFs is prevented. Clever, Rainy, very clever xclap

I will vote today :mrgreen: I appreciate Ariel Pink a lot

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

And there may be more than six; my exhausted brain could just only come up with the six.

If you'd allowed 0s and repeat values, there would've been 846, however. Allow repeats but not 0s, and there are 364 ways to vote.

EDIT: There are actually 144 possible combinations that remain open. Only adding this because it'd be a bit misleading to say the repeat rule takes us from 364 to 6.

::newy voted, by the way.

Krishoes

::pugl just voted in this masculine national final!!!

I can accept only ONE song, in case another one will be selected I will sue and ragequit for 10 seconds at least!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
And there may be more than six; my exhausted brain could just only come up with the six.

If you'd allowed 0s and repeat values, there would've been 846, however. Allow repeats but not 0s, and there are 364 ways to vote.

EDIT: There are actually 216 possible combinations that remain open. Only adding this because it'd be a bit misleading to say the repeat rule takes us from 364 to 6.

::newy voted, by the way.

I assumed you meant six ways of diving the points, as follows:

9-3-2-1, 8-4-2-1, 7-5-2-1, 7-4-3-1, 6-5-3-1, 6-4-3-2.

If there's any I've missed, let me know! Obviously you've got all the different orders of the songs too, but I wasn't considering that previously! Although having said that, I make it a total of 144 unique combinations not 216...

Gosh, bet [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] wasn't expecting this when he came up with the idea!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I assumed you meant six ways of diving the points, as follows:

9-3-2-1, 8-4-2-1, 7-5-2-1, 7-4-3-1, 6-5-3-1, 6-4-3-2.

If there's any I've missed, let me know! Obviously you've got all the different orders of the songs too, but I wasn't considering that previously! Although having said that, I make it a total of 144 unique combinations not 216...

Gosh, bet [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] wasn't expecting this when he came up with the idea!

Ah yes - you're right. 144, not 216.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Six voters thus far. Thank you all for your time. Want a peek of how it's looking?

So we've got one song that's already fallen behind, but with this special voting system it can catch up!xheat

Since you forbid using the same number of points twice I apparently can't boost only one song and give a 12-1-1-1 voting for example...
So my plan to take revenge for these destroying, misusing, inhuman, sadistic & diabolic votings you casted in my previous NFs is prevented. Clever, Rainy, very clever xclap

I will vote today :mrgreen: I appreciate Ariel Pink a lot

Yes, I won't let you get revenge on me that easily. I give you an illusion of freedom to be scandalous but really you haven't much room for mischiefxheart

::pugl just voted in this masculine national final!!!

I can accept only ONE song, in case another one will be selected I will sue and ragequit for 10 seconds at least!

Bu... b b but... three of the songs are so emotionalxcry1 Can't you feel their passion? Channel your inner Aurela Gace, and yes, a very masculine National Finalxheat Not enough love for my precious male icons. It's always my female icons you lot go crazy for. Time to force you to pick a manxyes

I wasn't but that's quite alright. You two gentlemen carry on with your wonderful mathematical discussions. I'm not a very bright light bulb in many departments so I welcome you both lighting up the place with all these hot, very clever looking.. numbers and stuff.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I wasn't but that's quite alright. You two gentlemen carry on with your wonderful mathematical discussions. I'm not a very bright light bulb in many departments so I welcome you both lighting up the place with all these hot, very clever looking.. numbers and stuff.
Yeah, dat's us. Good wif numbers and stufff. :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Pacific States - WV56 - Pick Me A Dude! NF - Mikal Cronin V.S. Ariel Pink (Page 5)

I have just received a dispatch straight from [MENTION=12153]King Valentino[/MENTION] urging Mr. Woods to use his PQ to cancel his NF for this edition and send the hot hit from Hunx and his Punx, "I Vant to Lick Your Lollipop (Clean Version)." I trust, nay, I know that [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] will take the endorsement from King Valentino very seriously and follow the recommendations of his close confidante.

revallsay

Re: Pacific States - WV56 - Pick Me A Dude! NF - Mikal Cronin V.S. Ariel Pink (Page 5)

I have few suggestions:

NUMBER ONE

NUMBER TWO

NUMBER THREE

NUMBER FOUR

ShoeFlo

When I was you I would send something that would never ever reach the final ...

*cough* The Space Lady *cough*

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I have just received a dispatch straight from [MENTION=12153]King Valentino[/MENTION] urging Mr. Woods to use his PQ to cancel his NF for this edition and send the hot hit from Hunx and his Punx, "I Vant to Lick Your Lollipop (Clean Version)." I trust, nay, I know that [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] will take the endorsement from King Valentino very seriously and follow the recommendations of his close confidante.

The song "I Vant to Lick Your Lollipop (Clean Version)." is a sizzling hot hit. Something I believe would win WV with 687 points. Do you really believe that it would be the best use of the PQ I have been blessed with?

I have few suggestions:

NUMBER ONE

NUMBER TWO

NUMBER THREE

NUMBER FOUR

Thank you Quen of the T&T for sharing these wonderful hidden gems with me. Number Two was sensational. Paris will now join the likes of Ariel Pink, Hunx and his Punx, Mr Burns, Kurt Vile, The War On Drugs, The Space Lady, NoBunny, 37 minutes of The Velvet Underground, Meredith Monk, Part Time, Psychic Tv, Mac DeMarco and Todd Rundgren on my list of PQ possibilities.

As for Katy Perry............................... nein. However, Danke schön for that suggestion.

When I was you I would send something that would never ever reach the final ...

*cough* The Space Lady *cough*

That's a very good point... but what about my icon of the year, Mr Ariel Pink? He faces tremendous difficulty reaching the final I believe, although surely he'd have more of a chance than The Space Lady....... but still. Ahhhh this going to be the hardest decision everxcry1 But I will make sure to use this PQ wisely.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

The song "I Vant to Lick Your Lollipop (Clean Version)." is a sizzling hot hit. Something I believe would win WV with 687 points. Do you really believe that it would be the best use of the PQ I have been blessed with?

Don't ask me; ask the royal duck.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

The voting has closed. Thank you very much to you all. I must admit that I went a bit quiet after learning of my PQ for the next edition. A song that was winning throughout the early stages of the voting I was quite happy to see suddenly killed off, as I believe of the four songs, it's the only one with a real fighting chance to make the final. I obviously want to make the most out of this PQ gift. I wanted one of the other three so I zipped my mouth shut the moment the leader was overtaken.

So who's it gonna be? Mr Pink or Mr Cronin?

3738-arielpink2.jpg

mikalcroninfeature.jpg

Top Bottom