Marcos C

kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV66 - Jem - Beachwood Canyon

Thank you muchly to everyone that voted Jem through to the finalxheart I had lost hope just before the results show, and then there was just one spot remaining. I thought it was game over but you voted this lush little folk pop song through. This is almost like my equivalent of a summer hit. Picture me a puddle on the floor with my broken miniature USB fan as close to my face as possible, and "Beachwood Canyon" playing on a loop. Essentially my summer 2016. Jem is supposed to be releasing a music video for this. Gosh how i'd love for it to come out before the finalxcrossed

I haven't decided yet on my next entry. It's probably going to be internal again (gasp, breathe a sigh of relief). I just don't know who or if i'll be moving. I have so many options. The thing is I feel like I really don't want to leave Pacific. I love this region and my visit this time has been so short. I have a few things i'm thinking about.

- Scandalous, cool and hip synth pop. (requires a move)
- This damn amazing NEW psychedelic duo i've just discovered. They haven't released many songs yet (just two in fact) but they are turning me on... musically. They are young and very Todd Rundgren-esque. (requires a move)
- Gargeous Garge Rock. The best is from Pacific although can send a cool band/artist from pretty much anywhere. It's summer and i'm feeling like the most summery rock of all at the moment. The jangly kind like The Cure... *cough* La Sera. I've got plenty more where La Sera came from. Probably won't be able to replicate the "10 Headed Goat Wizard" success though.
- Melancholic piano ballad
hello.gif
We could go for our darkest one yetxheat
- John Cale, my favourite artist left I still haven't sent to WV. Former Velvet Underground member and my hero. Should I do two Welshmen from LA in a row?
-
(requires emotions)
- Disco, although the Europe has the best Disco. I can drum something up i'm sure.

There's also an artist i'm currently trying to see if mods will let me send. If they are allowed I think I do pretty much have my next entry sorted.

daniels1000

- This damn amazing NEW psychedelic duo i've just discovered. They haven't released many songs yet (just two in fact) but they are turning me on... musically. They are young and very Todd Rundgren-esque. (requires a move)
- Gargeous Garge Rock. The best is from Pacific although can send a cool band/artist from pretty much anywhere. It's summer and i'm feeling like the most summery rock of all at the moment. The jangly kind like The Cure... *cough* La Sera. I've got plenty more where La Sera came from. Probably won't be able to replicate the "10 Headed Goat Wizard" success though.
hello.gif
- John Cale, my favourite artist left I still haven't sent to WV. Former Velvet Underground member and my hero. Should I do two Welshmen from LA in a row?
-
(requires emotions)
- Disco, although the Europe has the best Disco. I can drum something up i'm sure.

- Atmospheric celtic black metal band with a 15-minute-long song with epic vocals, bagpipes, tin whistles, amazing melodies and singing about Pacific States' landscapes

There you have it. xacademic You're welcome. It kinda reminds me of a particular band, doesn't it? xthink Can't wait to hear. xbow

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Thank you muchly to everyone that voted Jem through to the finalxheart I had lost hope just before the results show, and then there was just one spot remaining. I thought it was game over but you voted this lush little folk pop song through. This is almost like my equivalent of a summer hit. Picture me a puddle on the floor with my broken miniature USB fan as close to my face as possible, and "Beachwood Canyon" playing on a loop. Essentially my summer 2016. Jem is supposed to be releasing a music video for this. Gosh how i'd love for it to come out before the finalxcrossed

I haven't decided yet on my next entry. It's probably going to be internal again (gasp, breathe a sigh of relief). I just don't know who or if i'll be moving. I have so many options. The thing is I feel like I really don't want to leave Pacific. I love this region and my visit this time has been so short. I have a few things i'm thinking about.

hello.gif
-
(requires emotions)

- My favourite artists of all time, Dolly Style

There's also an artist i'm currently trying to see if mods will let me send. If they are allowed I think I do pretty much have my next entry sorted.

Obvious choice I think xheat

ZoboCamel

'Melancholic piano ballad' or 'requires emotions' please. Your dreamy/garage/fuzz entries aren't really my cup of tea a lot of the time, but I think we're on a pretty similar wavelength as far as emotional ballads go. Warm my cold heart xheart

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Warm my cold heart xheart

Are you Kai's twin? He says that kind of thing all the time! :p

ShoeFlo

hello.gif
-
(requires emotions)
- A little NF with The Space Lady's greatest hits (minimum 20 songs)

The last one seems the most appealing to me xthink
Other than that, I'd love to hear a dark and depressive emotional piano ballad full of pain and sorrow
hello.gif
If possible sung by a wreck

Moreover you are right about that some of your Garage Rock songs really sounds summer-ish and probably they will do better now than a week before christmas, so you might go ahead with it (would probably still work well in September though)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

WorldVision Pacific States Song Selection 67

Hello my friends and welcome to the Pacific States Super Song Selection for WorldVision 67. As you can probably tell, I am a massive liar. I said there would be no NF but the temptation was just too strong. I was seriously considering moving regions next edition, but there's a certain sadness leaving so many artists behind. I had always wanted to hold a big NF for Pacific. A blowout with a bunch of my favourite artists. It never happened though during my first stay but finally here it is, and not quite how I had imagined it would be. Of the nine songs here, four of them are oldies that i've been considering for WorldVision since the dawn of the time. The rest are either new discoveries made this past week or songs that I had heard in the past but have only just jumped out at me.

Crocodiles - She Splits Me Up Starting us off is some super delicious jangle rock from the San Diego band Crocodiles. If you liked my early Pacific entry "10 Headed Goat Wizard" or perhaps The Cure then this might be right up your street. It's surfy and nostalgic. Pretty much perfect for a ridiculously hot summers day. Gargeous garage rock forever. This was very nearly an internal pick so it will be interesting to see how this one goes down. I'm itching to share some more rock like this with WorldVision.

Joanna Newsom - Sapokanikan A glorious song taken from the 2015 chamber folk album "Divers". This one has an unusual structure and Joanna's vocals are certainly an acquired taste. However, if you can wrap your head around it all then there's plenty to love here. The song builds to a magnificent and surprising climax.

Mr. Burns - See My Vest No introduction needed here. It's the icon, the living legend, my hero.... Charles Montgomery Burns. He's here today competing with the lush theatrical number, "See My Vest".

Kristin Kontrol - Smoke Rings
Member of the indie pop band Dum Dum Girls and now launching her solo career. This is a large and moody cut from Kristin's debut solo album "X-Communicate". This live performance really had me stunned. Everything about this is gorgeous. Kristin is a new artist find for me so you'll be discovering her music with me (I did know of Dum Dum Girls but never really investigated).

Seth Bogart - Lubed It's HUNX!!!! Hunx from Hunx and his Punxxheat If you had asked me a few months back if I thought i'd be propositioning Hunx to you with an 80s inspired autotuned hit called "Lubed", complete with the the most asslicious music video of all time........... I probably would have believed youxheart I miss the old punk Hunx but i'm starting to find myself getting addicted to his new plastic pop sound.

Katy Goodman & Greta Morgan - Sex Beat You may remember Katy Goodman. She's from La Sera (so could be another returning artist here for me). She's joined on this number by Greta Morgan of The Hush Sound and Gold Motel. The two friends are releasing very soon an album of punk covers with a sort of girl group twist. This Gun Club cover ultimately inspired me to hold this NF. Heard it and was like "dang, I need to share this!". I absolutely adore Katy's voice.

Brandy - Wildest Dreams Here's some super cool RnB. Brandy always had a very distinct sound and this fairly recent cut from her 2012 release "Two Eleven" harkens back to the golden age of the good stuff. Really in love with this. Watch those sassy hand movements during the chorus. Slay.

Xiu Xiu - The Oldness Melancholic ballad from an incredibly challenging noise pop group. What am I without a melancholic piano ballad? Why it would be like Ashley without a summer hit, HipFlo without a hip hit, ShoeFlo without a Sigur Ros, Daniel without a song 12+ minutes in length, Calvin without a potato. This song is absolutely spellbinding and a rare beautiful gem among their sharp, fascinatingly insane discography. The rest of their stuff is not for the faint of heart, I warn you now. This devastatingly beautiful ballad might be to your liking though.

The Space Lady - Synthesize Me This is real outsider music here. The Space Lady is a legendary street artist who traveled the states in the 80s and 90s playing covers on her Casiotone MT-40. The Space Lady is now touring again, treating the world to her very special and haunting performances. "Synthesize Me" is a Space Lady original song which is ultimately what made me decide to pick it. Well that and the gorgeous performance. Hope you're as charmed by this music as I am.

So there you have it. Nine songs and i'd love for you to help me pick the one that shall be my next (possibly last for a while) Pacific States entry. I tried to get a real mix of songs here. I had to cull a bunch of garage rock songs (perhaps a possible future NF) which originally flooded this selection. Crocodiles being the last band surviving. I really hope there's something for everyone here. "Lubed" is especially for Mario and ShoeFloxrose

Voting is done in the traditional Eurovision style, so 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.

Copy and paste list for voting:
Crocodiles - She Splits Me Up
Joanna Newsom - Sapokanikan
Mr. Burns - See My Vest
Kristin Kontrol - Smoke Rings
Seth Bogart - Lubed
Katy Goodman & Greta Morgan - Sex Beat
Brandy - Wildest Dreams
Xiu Xiu - The Oldness
The Space Lady - Synthesize Me​

Deadline is most probably the night before the submission date for entries as usual. Thank you so much to any of you that take the time to listen to the songs and help me. I hope you enjoy themxheart Don't forget to watch the recap video if you need help. You get a hot sneak peek of my stunning "I Didn't Know (V A P O R W A V E remix)" due out 2057.​

Thanks for voting:​

:sobr::pt::lond:::iled::midw:is::susa::jp:::subc:it::sc:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV66 - Jem - Beachwood Canyon / WV67 Super Song Selection on page 33

First two voters. Thank you very much to the legend and mysterious enigma of WorldVision, the wonderful Fer of Southeast Brazilxheatxheart And thank you very much to dear Kris of Portugalxheartxbow

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV66 - Jem - Beachwood Canyon / WV67 Super Song Selection on page 33

:lond: has voted in this rather exciting spectacle of an NF! So much variety there! :D Vote people; you'll probably hate something, but the love you'll feel overall will overwhelm you in the end! :D xlove

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

:lond: has voted in this rather exciting spectacle of an NF! So much variety there! :D Vote people; you'll probably hate something, but the love you'll feel overall will overwhelm you in the end! :D xlove

Thank you so much Robert for voting and the nice wordsxheart Haha that was my worry when putting this together. I knew that pretty much everyone would hate something here, but I was hoping each person would have enough they enjoy to make their time spent worth it. I could probably have quite easily gone for a majority of songs that would give particular people eargasms non stop, but I wanted to share as many sides of my taste as possible. I wanted it to be polarizing and an exciting selection without a runaway winner for once. So far the trick seems to be workingxheat All three voters thus far have voted very differently.

DaFlo

Banned

::iled has voted xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you to everyone that has voted so far. Dear HipFlo is still the the last person to vote.

Fun random fact: I had absolutely no idea I had a husband and wife competing in my NF. What are the chances? Brandon Welchez of the band Crocodiles and Dee Dee Penny (aka Kristin Kontrol) are marriedxheat Bless them. I didn't plan this domestic battle, I swear.

Dee-Dum-Brandon-Welchez-Crocodiles_PLYIMA20121204_0023_14.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Jem - Beachwood Canyon
1923872_29110694953_6368_n.jpg

Final 13th with 139 points
Semi 1 Regular 6th with 73 points / 6th Reju with 43 points

A lovely end to this edition. 13th for this dreamy and charming little psych tinged folk pop ballad is more than I could have hoped for and i'm pleasantly surprised so many enjoyed it. It really has become the song of my summer. I can't stop listening to it. It's absolute bliss for my ears, especially during the second chorus and then that psychedelic bridgexheart The album this track is from (also titled "Beachwood Canyon") comes out on the 5th of August, so i'm really hyped to hear more of the songs, and fingers crossed this fresh sound for Jem continues on the new recordxcrossed Thank you to all the people below, and of course a big thanks as well to the semi voters.

:12: :pl::is:
:10: :lond::ca:
:8: :sobr::uk:::subc
:7: :ma::nl:
:6: :fo::svea:
:5: :lv::susa::tr::sc:
:4: :eg:::rw
:3: ::mazo
:2: ::uusi:nrwe::fr:::midw
:1: :sk:::atti:de:::buch:pt::kr:

OP Voters:
Malta, Ostlandet, Lithuania and Brittany

My NF is still going on at the moment to select my next entry and i'm still on 6 voters. Check it out if you're interested in hearing some tunes and helping me pick my next song:cool:xrose

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

:susa: have voted in the NF :D Sadly I'm just not feeling the song that I believe is being hyped here :( I just hope my favourite can pull through and win xpray

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

We know the entry submission deadline now, so my NF deadline is 23:59 CET August 5th. We're now on 7 voters thanks to Connorxlove I can let you know it's incredibly close at the top. A lot can change here on just one vote, including the winner. One of the most polarizing songs is doing extremely well, and one of the songs I expected to be fighting for the win is mega flopping.

ZoboCamel

Re: Pacific States ☂ WV67 - Super Song Selection on page 33

Votes have been sent from :jp:! This is the most diverse NF I've seen from anyone since I joined, and there are a bunch of gems here. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up!

Top Bottom