Contact us

NORTHEASTERN USA 🗽 WV190 🌃 Is it me, is it you?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

T1UM378.png

see also
VOLUME I: PACIFIC BLUES

Last edited:

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 59 ✰ John Williams

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 60 Announced

lp.jpg

In an announcement this evening, National Public Radio (NPR) announced that an internal selection has chosen the artist who will represent the Northeastern United States in WorldVision 60, to be held in a yet to be determined location.

After several editions with artists hailing from New York City, and last edition's artist hailing from a village on the Nassau County - New York City border, we are traveling further into Long Island... our next artist LP is from Huntington in Suffolk County. xcheer

LP or Laura Pergolizzi is an American pop/rock singer and songwriter who has released three albums and one EP, and has written songs for several internationally recognizable artists such as Rihanna (Cheers (Drink to That)), Christina Aguilera (Beautiful People), Rita Ora (Shine Ya Light), The Veronicas (Lolita), Leona Lewis (Fingerprint), and Ella Henderson (Mirror Man). Her fourth album is expected to be released in early 2016.

NPR invites all to comment on this entry choice, as well as to suggest any potential entries you would like to see from the Northeastern United States in the future! The entry has not been chosen yet, and the selection method for the entry is still unknown so comments are welcome. :D

Aditya

Wow, even better :eek:

xcheer

I'm really excited for her participation in WV... I was hoping to have a national final with her songs this month (I just discovered her, and I really like what I've heard :D), but my failure to send an entry in time has put a damper on that. :$

Aditya

Our songs for the WorldVision 60 national final have been chosen... it will be a three song national final incorporating songs from both her latest album EP as well as her 2014 album Forever For Now xcheer

Aditya

I feel a little guilty at the moment, but I will be switching the order of my next two WorldVision entries... John Williams will go to WV60, and LP to WV59. National final details will be up soon ;)

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 57 ✰ Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful (Star Wars NF!)

Soundcheck '59

Hello, and welcome to the Northeastern United States' national final for WorldVision 59! NPR has been in close collaboration with LP over the last few days, and has finally decided which four tracks from her excellent repertoire will compete in a national final to be held on NPR's weekly music program: Soundcheck.

So, without further ado, let's here the songs!​

The Songs:

The Songs:
To vote, please send me (Aditya) a PM with your votes by a yet to be determined deadline (WV 59 submission deadline pending). You have 15 points to allocate to the three songs however you wish (a song can receive 0 points) with the caveat that you cannot give the same number of points to any song (ex: 5 - 5 - 5 or 7 - 4 - 4 are not allowed).​

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

I feel a little guilty at the moment, but I will be switching the order of my next two WorldVision entries... John Williams will go to WV60, and LP to WV59. National final details will be up soon ;)

xfaint and I was waiting for John Williams to slay me. Eh, LP is still great ^.^

Grinch

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 59 ✰ LP (NF Ongoing; John Williams for WV 60)

LP! I sent her song "Forever For Now" to WL of NSC xheart

Will vote in the nf tomorrow :)

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 59 ✰ LP (NF Ongoing; John Williams for WV 60)

Voted:
:cali: :nrwe:
xcheer

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

The Duke of :lond: has voted! Best of luck to NEUSA!

Aditya

Voted:
:cali: :nrwe: :lond: :de: :fi:
xcheer

Krishoes

Thank you so much [MENTION=14612]Aditya[/MENTION] for this national final 'cause I didn't know LP but it has been a refreshing discovery. I loved this artist and one song hit my heart, it's amazing.

Aditya

The voting right now is:

Using the old voting system (12, 10, 8) it would be:

But with a different order :D

Aditya

Voted:
:neus: :cali: :nrwe: :lond: :de: :fi: ::pugl​
xcheer

Aditya

Using the old voting system (12, 10, 8) the voting right now would be:

:lol:

Aditya

Voted:
:neus: :cali: :nrwe: :lond: :de: :fi: ::pugl :us:
xcheer

Aditya

The deadline to vote will be tomorrow evening as I want to send in the song well before the actual deadline this time :p

Aditya

Voting is closed! xcheer

The final results were:

Close voting, but in the end one song pulled ahead.

Thanks to all who voted!

Krishoes

xlove

Top Bottom