Contact us

NORTHEASTERN USA 🗽 WV190 🌃 Is it me, is it you?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

T1UM378.png

see also
VOLUME I: PACIFIC BLUES

Last edited:

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 56 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott) (WV57 NF Underway)

Voted:
✰ lavieenrose
✰ Krishoes
✰ Aditya
✰ whiteshoes
✰ Carrie
✰ AdelAdel​

xcheer

Things are even closer at the moment; any additional voter can have a huge impact on the results. :D

AdelAdel

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 57 ✰ Lana Del Rey (WV57 NF Underway!)

Oh, a LDR NF! :eek: How could I miss that. She's one of the few artists of the past few years that I consider to be "great". Will vote here :)

EDIT: And... voted xcheer

Aditya

As a note, the deadline to vote in this national final is tonight (Sunday) at 23:59 CET.

The reason for this early deadline is that I have four final exams Tuesday - Thursday, and I want to finish this before life gets too crazy. :D

Carrie

Any of these songs would make very worthy winners imo. There is one I especially hope gets it, high points are promised for virtually any Lana song.

Aditya

hhngX8JXFIFtVy36LT-2z_rBx1ok8ZFk2sFlMwYUV0iNpIDGWDIYqFyex10bsrzbqmwVH6nLYyU7Z_l-EvXJlrbgCX1xv_pnn2wTTyHlRjHHaZ10rEv9NQP9dGhr7i_FLNDINtC28wkvBuMdhAksuO6xRVHwlpcUAm2Z3wQX3AkJQFhzj72e1QZZRy2Jdt1AOuP1h1UVS2nvQq3Z8wEwmeWQWjV6AW9RLzYYU1QuKn8g6AVTNl4OOExKO35flpPDBJDYnlufSKBbeqJVkg_Ty18_b5raWA_EUQfHAtk1WJcBZBua7ezFs58uOLIB42o5ZvGHEOuAx_zLodkU40FJ0DLRwc9TRaEYthZitkPzxpQPe6l5zIe_q_rBzb8NrmVS6RqD5wEUYCbzRHOWfGo0l-Nci-jcdKZ9giK07Lm6aFC2lh9yQ0DdN5JNncYKvLINPN3AT1GChqgbbwhRVKTniXl5Ayr6RRVNt0kXMkvZ0XZ6aQvPdigxiier_k5JMwo9q-PpGC3h1RcNlsgDzp0DsfeDrjmaP3XDrlLosFBzOtuxySHCTUY3JNgE6zoDLyLUcWNC=w667-h495-no

Aditya

Thanks to all who voted in this national final! Lana Del Rey has so many good songs that I really couldn't have chosen between any of these songs (or more songs that I didn't have in this national final :D); a huge thanks for listening and voting! xcheer

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 56 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott) (WV57 Artist Announced)

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 58 Announced

180px-John_Williams_tux.jpg

In a surprise announcement, National Public Radio (NPR) has announced that an internal selection has chosen the artist who will represent the Northeastern United States in WorldVision 58, to be held in a yet to be determined location.

While we are leaving New York City, the traditional home of Northeastern United States' past entries, we will not be leaving the state; the artist for WorldVision 58 hails from Floral Park, New York which is a village of 15,000 in Nassau County, on Long Island. While not previously considered in past internal selections, the artist for WV 58 is well known throughout the world for their excellent compositions. NPR is proud to announce that John Williams will be representing the region in WorldVision 58.

John Williams is an American composer, conductor, and pianist. In a career spanning over six decades, Williams has composed some of the most popular and recognizable film scores in cinematic history, including the Star Wars series, the first two Jaws films, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, the Indiana Jones series, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Superman, the first two Home Alone films, Hook, the first two Jurassic Park films, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, the first three Harry Potter films, Catch Me If You Can, Memoirs of a Geisha, War Horse, and Lincoln.

Williams has won five Academy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, seven British Academy Film Awards, and 22 Grammy Awards. With 49 Academy Award nominations, Williams is the second most-nominated individual, after Walt Disney.

NPR invites all to comment on this entry choice, as well as to suggest any potential entries you would like to see from the Northeastern United States in the future! The entry has not been chosen yet, and the selection method for the entry is still unknown so comments are welcome. :D

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 57 ✰ Lana Del Rey

I'm still unsure about what entry to send for John Williams... I might send a track from Star Wars Episode VII (I'm going to see it with my seven year old brother on his birthday next week :D), or I might send a track from a previous Star Wars soundtrack, or I might send something from another one of his works... it's all to play at the moment.

I just wanted to post it here so I don't forget later this month. :p

(Edit: Halsey might go for WV 59, or maybe not...)

ShoeFlo

John Williams xfaint xfaint

If I one day get a region of USA or USA itself I will most likely chose one of his soundtracks as well... he is in my Top 5 of favorite movie composers

Good luck! And you will get my support :D (probably also Lana gets my support but that depends on the winner song xD)

Aditya

yAiUiXCssQ4Mfb8Oq7hzTmTi8apWDILo8vXLfXnCG9Td2intV5pEaybJmUY4Px7X7vELk_mCix2y9oMmPL2qSO6TnyqKqwsVjYh0iXTvbGV_gVPHhd9o_bza15r7vVjGfi5DeemAyp3TivKydSoFMj17GT8qc7RuxBLPaXfBh4LsBNCdiSS1C1OEboPw7l00GQA6Az02eoH3FvnFiCF_sLRrK-gmA3VXxiC_Sp3wOlIOBen-2l0sobu8ACslBQTD8q-6QraDNCOgEjH1raeHtXz_0os5rxUtEhaqHCNb0x4b-Ez06w4j1jcSkvQXNtgZ7G4K90BLXmrC_khfOIAqaeyn4YrrD6GiUmYIbIUCalgAMbe7P4EgpuIRVmf1bGZ9g0E1rlwy7z3NeUKhE75oTLIfi-M6s4nxQrfjLQc0IYZCGQdBbSOmOfz676YuaMJwPM46IrDw_k0f85h72Vo-pHaFIJT4VeeFQHNWqGbfr4aXUwrfdrPuKw4GF5bFKrJ4mSEj0GkxBY-s-EFRwcI5K9S4yfFac0UdAxy4V8lyL0-p10N5BpxRPevRduB7bnODvsAg=w667-h495-no

Krishoes

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 57 ✰ Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful

Young and beautiful xbow xfaint

AdelAdel

You have to be kidding me. It's not the first time that my last place in an NF wins. I'm definitely done with NFs.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Sorry I didn't I vote in your NF, but it seems that those who did made an inspired choice! I really love the piece, so thank you for introducing it and her to me! :D

Aditya

I'm finally seeing Star Wars tonight (the 28th), so I will get a sense of whether to include any tracks from Episode VII into consideration for WorldVision. xcheer

Aditya

After watching the new movie, I can safely say that any track I'm sending to WorldVision will not come from Episode VII. :$

I'll likely have a one-three track NF in a few days

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 57 ✰ Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful (Star Wars NF!)

Soundcheck '58

Hello, and welcome to the Northeastern United States' national final for WorldVision 58! NPR has been in close collaboration with John Williams over the last few days, and has finally decided which four tracks from Williams' excellent Star Wars soundtracks will compete in a national final to be held on NPR's weekly music program: Soundcheck.

So, without further ado, let's here the songs!​

The Songs:

The Songs:
To vote, please send me (Aditya) a PM with your votes by this Tuesday 5 January, at 18:00 CET. The votes should be in the format: (12, 8, 6, 4, 2).​

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 57 ✰ Lana Del Rey (WV58: Star Wars NF)

Star Wars is probably my favorite movie series of all time, and it was very very hard to narrow down the tracks for this national final (John Williams did a very good job on all the soundtracks :D). xlove

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 56 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott) (WV57 NF Underway)

Voted:

✰ Aditya
✰ whiteshoes
✰ JamieBrown
✰ Lupus​

xcheer

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Well done on doing so well! I'd never heard of this lass before, so thanks for introducing me to someone new and amazing. Really enjoyed your entry and think it did marvellously well to finish to high up. Best of luck with Star Wars! :D

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

Star Wars is probably my favorite movie series of all time, and it was very very hard to narrow down the tracks for this national final (John Williams did a very good job on all the soundtracks :D). xlove

MARRY ME.

Jk :lol: No, but seriously, this is an incredible idea for a NF xheat Will vote soon :3 But no "Duel of the Fates"? :( that's my favourite piece of soundtrack

Top Bottom