Contact us

NORTHEASTERN USA 🗽 WV190 🌃 Is it me, is it you?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

T1UM378.png

see also
VOLUME I: PACIFIC BLUES

Last edited:

Aditya

Re: 🇺🇸 Northeastern United States — WV 65: The Chainsmokers

WorldVision 65
Northeastern United States

The_Chainsmokers_logo.png

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
Re: 🇺🇸 Northeastern United States — WV 65: The Chainsmokers

xheat xheat can't wait to see which song by them

Aditya

Re: 🇺🇸 Northeastern United States — WV 66: Simon & Garfunkel (National Final Underway!)

HZFwss3.png

paul-simon-and-art-garfunkel.jpg

Hello, and welcome to the Northeastern United States' national final for WorldVision 66! Five editions after our most recent national final, and several months without much success in WorldVision, I have finally managed to get the time to hold a new national final. As with many of our previous national finals, Soundcheck '66 will be a one-artist national final with songs from a returning artist for the Northeastern United States: Simon & Garfunkel. The duo previously represented the region in WorldVision 47 with the song Sound of Silence, which placed 5th in the final.

Simon & Garfunkel was an American folk duo consisting of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel. Based out of Queens in New York City, the duo was one of the most popular artists of the 1960's in the United States, with such big hits as "The Sound of Silence" (1964), "Mrs. Robinson" (1968), and "Bridge over Troubled Water" (1969). Before breaking up in 1970, the duo released their final, most successful album, Bridge over Troubled Water, which is one of the most successful albums of all time, with about 25 million copies sold.​

The Songs:

DrawSongLink
1The Boxer
(1970)
YouTube
2Scarborough Fair/Canticle
(1966)
YouTube
3Bridge Over Troubled Water
(1969)
YouTube
4El Condor Pasa
(1970)
YouTube
[tr]​

To vote, please send me (Aditya) a PM with your votes by 23:59 CET on 12 June.
You have 22 points to allocate to the four songs however you wish (a song can receive 0 points) with the caveat that you cannot give the same number of points to any song.​

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: 🇺🇸 Northeastern United States — WV 66: Simon & Garfunkel (National Final Underway!)

Aditya I'm on a break y u do dis

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Simon and Garfunkel xfaint

:lond: has voted in the first ever NF where I didn't need to listen to any of the songs! :p

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

:paci: voted. I think you just surpassed your previous folk NF. A legendary pair and four stunningly beautiful songs. Just send whatever, seriously. I love them all. One makes me extra emotional thoughxcry1 I also secretly hate you Aditya for doing this the edition I decide to send my first folk tinged songxheart:lol: You'll slay me in that battlexheat

Good luck! An early wish and prediction, but go for the win! One of these in particular I think could do it.

esc87fan

:ca: voted in your NF, three of the songs are such classic masterpieces from S&G!

Aditya

HZFwss3.png

Voted:
Lupus
RainyWoods
whiteshoes
esc87fan

xlove

There are roughly 24 hours left to vote, sorry for the short deadline this time.

Aditya

HZFwss3.png

Voted:
Aditya
Lupus
RainyWoods
whiteshoes
esc87fan
RomanFromRussia

xlove

There are roughly 3 hours left to vote. We have a clear favorite, but I'll keep voting open until the deadline. :)

Aditya

HZFwss3.png

paul-simon-and-art-garfunkel.jpg

The Results:

Below, we can see the results for Soundcheck '66. First is the amount of points awarded using the actual voting system for this national final (22 points distributed among the four songs), with the points using the Eurovision voting system (12, 10, 8, and 7 points) afterwards — the placings of the entries were the same under both systems.

A huge thanks to everyone who voted in this national final! xheart

PlaceResultsESC Style
[tr]​

Krishoes

Here to announce that my favourite WV's entry of all time, Lost on you by LP, just went Gold in Italy xheat

Aditya

Hint for WorldVision 68:
signature_heroGroup

It's a song from a past national final of mine. ;)

Aditya

Re: 🇺🇸 Northeastern United States — WV 68: Hint

For WorldVision 69, I am planning on one of two options:

1. Sending one of the songs from the Simon & Garfunkel national final (likely the runner-up). I'm still not over how I wasted probably the best entry I've ever sent (and likely the best I will ever send) to WorldVision by failing to vote in time. :'(
  2. Holding another national final with modern songs — this will definitely happen for WorldVision 70 if I decide to go for S&G for WorldVision 69. :)

I'm not sure yet which one I am planning on doing; the final decision will come based on your comments (if any :p) as well as the reception to the WorldVision 68 entry I've sent earlier today. :)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: 🇺🇸 Northeastern United States — WV 68: Hint and Plans for WV 69

Option 1! xcheer #Retrolution

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Simon and Garfunkel as long as you promise to vote this time :p

Aditya

Simon and Garfunkel as long as you promise to vote this time :p

I think I learned my lesson the hard way. *still bawling in the corner* :D

Aditya

After a few weeks where I disappeared from the forum, the :neus: is back in WorldVision. I believe I've addressed the reasons I failed to vote last few times, and I'm confident going forward. xcheer

Our next entry will be chosen in a one-artist national final which will begin later this weekend (after the semifinals end).

Top Bottom