22 12.4%

19 10.7%

33 18.6%

52 29.4%

• Total voters

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
This is Lithuania 2008

Wow, y'all are REALLY laying into it now with the comparisons. :no: 2010 :ru: 2013 :lt: 2008 form some kind of unholy triumvirate for me.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I just compared the English and Icelandic versions again, and I really hope he ends up singing it in Icelandic in Portugal ! Ain't gonna happen though :s
The Icelandic lyrics may be just as bad (?), but it's such a beautiful language, and I don't understand a thing anyway

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
On second listen i'm standing by my 8 points. I'm loving it for all the wrong reasons. It's absolutely fricking hilarious. I can't even. I hate typical Eurovision peace ballads so much but this one is presented in such a terrifically bizarre way that I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me a bit of Britain's Got the Pop Factor... and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice. That note into the final chorus. Ari was living. I feel that he really wants that peace. Boy, go get it. What a bop. I was sleeping on this Icelandic hit.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
On second listen i'm standing by my 8 points. I'm loving it for all the wrong reasons. It's absolutely fricking hilarious. I can't even. I hate typical Eurovision peace ballads so much but this one is presented in such a terrifically bizarre way that I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me a bit of Britain's Got the Pop Factor... and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice. That note into the final chorus. Ari was living. I feel that he really wants that peace. Boy, go get it. What a bop. I was sleeping on this Icelandic hit.

I disagree but "he really wants that peace. Boy, go get it" caused a spit-take.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
This is Lithuania 2008 / Lithuania 2011 levels of bad

Lithuania in 2008 was my favorite Lithuanian song (apart from 2001) until 2011, when I fell in love with their song back then too :eek: I can't stand either of the songs anymore though... And I could imagine me disliking this one just as much in a few years, but right now I love it :D

VikingTiger

This will probably qualify. The guy can sing. The song is not the worst - in it's category... But this will certainly not find it's way to any of my playlists. Not even the "peace-and-love-and-save-the-planet" playlist.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

"What if I could change the path of time? What if I had the power to decide? What if I could make us unified? If I, if I" xsing

Yes i'm sure you really like Russia 2013 Icelands entry.

sorry not sorry xo :cool:

You won't ruin this precious moment for me. I know precisely what "Our Choice" has been inspired by. One of the most legendary UK chart hits. I still own the cd single.

x

ZoboCamel

Please, "What If" wishes it was "Our Choice". "Our Choice" is the stuff of...................................................... people.

Ooh, you wanna start a fight over this? "What If" was my "guilty pleasure peace ballad why am I giving this 7-8 points aaaargh". It seems we've swapped around for this one. :lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
no iceland in my top 40
people often use the word "cheesy".. this one really stinks.. peace song similar to hungary 2015 and russia 2013.. i'm going to puke xpuke

my 2nd 0 this year

NemesisNick

I watched Söngvakeppnin 2018 Final online from the UK this evening. The winner, who will represent Iceland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in May, is "Our choice" sung by Ari Ólafsson. A good choice of song I say. I'm glad that song won because it was among my most liked of the six finalists, and I thought it was a much better song than "Í stormi" which it was up against in the superfinal towards the end. For the record, Iceland will be taking part in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 First Semi-Final on Tuesday 8 May 2018. The UK will be voting in that semi-final, so I'll be able to vote for "Our choice" if I feel it's among the ten best in the ESC 2018 First Semi-Final.

anto475

This is like one of those shit parodies some TV shows make about Eurovision songs about peace. Christ that's dire.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This is like one of those shit parodies some TV shows make about Eurovision songs about peace. Christ that's dire.

That's what is making me get so much amusement from it. It is like a parody, which obviously wasn't the intention i'm sure when it was being made. Every cliche imaginable is thrown in there.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
I've seen people comparing this to Norway 2010. I wish it was to that level of song quality and performance tbh. Instead Iceland delivered probably the most boring song of this year. Bland to a level I don't even care enough to give it 0 points. So, here, take my 1.

hawadharma

This is as bland as my sick grandmother's porridge. Ari you can stay in the semi with Surie.

Alaska49

Wow, y'all are REALLY laying into it now with the comparisons. :no: 2010 :ru: 2013 :lt: 2008 form some kind of unholy triumvirate for me.
i actually think our choice goes beneath all of those and goes down all the way to :ch: 2006

joancamo

Oh gosh Iceland really wants to be last in the semi. Really boring choice, it will have the same fate as Breathlessly

Mrm

Veteran
Our choice?

I'm sorry, who are WE? :?

this is not my choice definitely..

Ughhh..I should call this fiasco Saturday it seems..

This is really clueless..I don;t see the point of this old fashioned entry done in this way..it gets even irritating when he starts screaming…this doesn’t make any sense TBH, but hey ho..

Iceland had much better options..

1 in the poll...

SirPeterGriffin

Oh dear Iceland, what happened to you? If queen Svala didn't sneaked into the final, this one will follow the same fate. Better luck next time.

JonnyWest

I find this offensively average not to say something worse and nonpolite :? the lyrics are trash, almost on the same level as San Marino's song... plus he can't even hit the high note decently.

This NF wasn't good to begin with but they had to choose one of the worst :lol: jeez Iceland get a f***ing grip... this time they deserve to NQ

3 points in the poll. Hvala, NE !

Top Bottom